[GDT] Tuesday April 16, 2024 7:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks in Rogers Arena

Goal_thecup

Win CGY, Lose WPG = clinch division and get ready for preds

My ideal scenario. Would rather let Dallas have the conference and LA or Vegas as opposed to 2nd in conference and Nashville

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 2

Canucks need to bear down tonight and get a result - as you don't want to have to wait for out-of-town results on the last day to determine your standing and your playoff opponent.

Given the Kings upset loss, best for RT to dress the strongest / healthiest lineup possible - and IF successful, then rest some guys on the last day.  They should treat it like the Oiler game - with strong gritty fore-check, box outs and good puck management while staying out of the box.  Its not about entertainment this time of year, so if they need to clog it up a bit (snooze-fest) , do it if it helps them to win. 

The Flames will probably be up for the challenge and would like nothing but to affect the standings so Canucks need to be ready + put it on the line with some much needed rest the reward if they are able to clinch it.

Screenshot 2024-03-31 010233.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Lindholm is going to put Kuzmenko through the boards. 
Also as much as I would like to win the conference I would rather not. I like our chances against the predators. Or at least we match up better against them. 

• Like 3
  • Wiener 1

9 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Lindholm is going to put Kuzmenko through the boards. 
Also as much as I would like to win the conference I would rather not. I like our chances against the predators. Or at least we match up better against them. 

People keep saying we match up better against Nashville, but I'm not sure why? 

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Well from the eye test alone, we don’t play well against LA for whatever reasons. Vegas has a lot of firepower and last years champs (plus the return of their injured players). Nashville simply put we’ve won 3 games against even if they were early in the year. Just goes to show we can win against them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I watched some of last night's game, I would say goaltending maybe. But overall I like our 3 net minders.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

Because I can skate circles around romaine josi. That's why! 

He's the one we need to watch if we do play them. He's a creepy scoring asshole. CSA

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think it is just a matchup thing.
We have struggled with the teams that play a big aggressive suppression game like LA, Winnipeg and look what Philly did to us. 

Teams that play a little looser like Nashville or Edmonton seem like better matchups. That being said my concern with those teams in the early rounds is they tend to draw penalties and our PK continues to be sub-par (though looks better with Lindholm).

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I think it is just a matchup thing.
We have struggled with the teams that play a big aggressive suppression game like LA, Winnipeg and look what Philly did to us. 

Teams that play a little looser like Nashville or Edmonton seem like better matchups. That being said my concern with those teams in the early rounds is they tend to draw penalties and our PK continues to be sub-par (though looks better with Lindholm).

Plus you know Trotz will have an excellent game plan for us.

But this is why playoffs are great hockey. It's all hard.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

We can kick Calgary and the Oilers BOTH in the groin with a win tonight.

My Flames friend'll be texting me with his silly comments and it'll shut him up too.

I hope Petey busts one open as it'll go a long way toward helping his confidence. I believe his mental game is his biggest hurdle right now because he's hard on himself and is likely overthinking things. His reluctance to shoot at times really hints at that to me. He's still been contributing but not the way we need him to (on the scoresheet).

Clobber everyone, JT.

Let's go, big game....getting playoff ready!

I've got a Flames friend as well, but he's cheering for us because he wants that 3rd round pick from us and wants the Flames to tank of course

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1