[GDT] Tuesday April 16, 2024 7:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks in Rogers Arena

Goal_thecup

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

We're in episode VI already buddy 

Episode I - The Demko Menace 

Episode II - Attack of the Demko 

Episode III - Revenge of the Demko 

Episode IV - A New Demko 

Episode V - The Demko Strikes Back

Episode VI - The Return of the Demko 

Episode VII - The Demko Awakens 

Episode VII - The Last Demko 

Episode IX - The Rise of Demko 

I think you missed a few there:

Demko: A Canucks Story (between III and IV)

Roque Demko: A Canucks Story (between III and IV, after the previous one)

Also, how can we forget the following short series:

Demko: The Clone Wars (we just finished this one, with DeSmith and Silovs fighting to determine the best clone)

Demko Rebels

Demko Resistance

The Book of Demko

Obi-Wan Demko

and a few other just named "Demko" 🙂 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

I think Vegas want's the Canucks in the 1st round, so with two more games to go, they

will find a way to get the matchup they want.

LOL

It's not up to Vegas. They would need the stars to align on outcomes for each of LA, Edm and Van.

Edited by Shift-4

7 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

I think you missed a few there:

Demko: A Canucks Story (between III and IV)

Roque Demko: A Canucks Story (between III and IV, after the previous one)

Also, how can we forget the following short series:

Demko: The Clone Wars (we just finished this one, with DeSmith and Silovs fighting to determine the best clone)

Demko Rebels

Demko Resistance

The Book of Demko

Obi-Wan Demko

and a few other just named "Demko" 🙂 

I hope is not 3 quickies Rusty Demko

This is a must win or at the very least, get to OT.

I don't want to be stressing out over that WPG game to end the season. Get the point (or two) tonight, lock up the Pacific, and then relax until Round 1 gets underway. 

4 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Looks like only canucks vs oilers (for ones tagged GDT)

130 pages

1st devils was 97 pages

every oilers game except the last was over 100.

I guess we love to beat mcjesus

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

This is a must win or at the very least, get to OT.

I don't want to be stressing out over that WPG game to end the season. Get the point (or two) tonight, lock up the Pacific, and then relax until Round 1 gets underway. 

you can't control your stressors, only your stress response. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

LOL

It's not up to Vegas. They would need the stars to align on outcomes for each of LA, Edm and Van.

They are not that dependent on the LA result. If they win both their remaining games, they are ahead of LA regardless, and in the 3rd place in division.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

There are 2 ways for us to end up playing Vegas in round 1:

1. We finish second in division and Vegas third. For that to happen we need to lose both remaining games in regulation (33% chance in each game to account for potential loss in overtime), Edmonton has to win both remaining games and Vegas has to win both remaining games. Just using the simplest statistical calculation (in each game each team has 50/50 chance of winning), the chance of all 6 games ending with these results are 0.7%. Even if we give Vegas 90% chance of winning both remaining games, the overall change only goes up to 6.6%.
  2. We win the conference and Vegas remains in the second wild card spot. For that to happen Dallas has to lose their last game in regulation, we win both remaining games, Vegas not winning the remaining two games at home against Chicago and Anaheim. Again, without overcomplicating the calculation and keeping Vegas chance of losing at 50% , we have a 3.1% chance of this scenario

I would say, highly unlikely 🙂 

Good break down 👍

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Shift-4 said:

LOL

They are in a good position, with 2 easy games left.  LA just has 1 game, the Knights can pass them

stay behind.  Edm have 2 games, but I'm pretty sure they don't want Vegas, so will do what they

need to avoid them.

15 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

1. We finish second in division and Vegas third. For that to happen we need to lose both remaining games in regulation (33% chance in each game to account for potential loss in overtime), Edmonton has to win both remaining games and Vegas has to win both remaining games. Just using the simplest statistical calculation (in each game each team has 50/50 chance of winning), the chance of all 6 games ending with these results are 0.7%. Even if we give Vegas 90% chance of winning both remaining games, the overall change only goes up to 6.6%.
  2. We win the conference and Vegas remains in the second wild card spot. For that to happen Dallas has to lose their last game in regulation, we win both remaining games, Vegas not winning the remaining two games at home against Chicago and Anaheim. Again, without overcomplicating the calculation and keeping Vegas chance of losing at 50% , we have a 3.1% chance of this scenario

Clearly math IS your forte. Thanks.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You didn't take into account of the hockey gods and how much they love sticking it to us. With Vegas miraculously healthy now I'd say the odds we play them are 99%.

• Haha 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

You didn't take into account of the hockey gods and how much they love sticking it to us. With Vegas miraculously healthy now I'd say the odds we play them are 99%.

Which is exactly why I say screw the hockey gods!!

For years we've tried to appease them as fans, and for what!?

Get bent hockey gods!!  Let's see if giving you the middle finger yields better results!  

Last time we made a real playoff series we were out muscled by one man, now we have a team built for toughness. I don't know of a tougher team, Soucy seemed to have his swagger back, Zadorov, Cole, Myers all laying big hits, hell even Hughes and Hronek have tempers and wack back. Miller, Blueger, Lafferty, Joshua, Podkolzin all hold their own while guys like Hoglander And Garland never shy away. We may lack a true heavyweight but the team toughness is strong. Even Lindholm wacks back in the jams. I think we can weather the storm and are ready for the battles that are ahead! Let's bloody beat them down tonight boys! 

5 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Well, I am one of G-d's chosen people, so I was told not to worry from that angle 🙂 

11 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Only afraid of Kings

• Cheers 1