[GDT] Tuesday April 16, 2024 7:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks in Rogers Arena

Goal_thecup

9 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s weird we outplay a team by a large margin and still struggle to get powerplays. Are the Canucks just really bad at getting calls or not doing enough to get calls or are the refs just not calling them? This year just feels like we don’t get many opportunities. Especially at home. 

Overall Canucks have the 9 most power plays in the league. They have the 15th most Penalties against. We just suck at the PP the last month or two lol.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny said:

Man Hogz is such a beauty

next year 30 is not out of the question 

His play away from the puck is noticeable in the right way, some of the seams he sees for passing looks a little like huggy

what a great asset

Ya I have to agree. I was on him about being on a mini slump offensively but his defensive game is what really has impressed me more than anything this year. He’s really improved in this area.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

Why? You like boring hockey from teams the Canucks don’t match up well against?

It's shorter travelling distance. I mean Nashville - now that's a bit a ways away! 

6 minutes ago, snowman955 said:

My pizza is on its way. I could share but your too far

I had an orange.

Then popcorn (but I spilled half on the ground).

I brought some chicken chili home from work (they feed us lunch) but I'm just not feeling it. I'm so into oranges these days...might have another and call it a day.

• Like 1

Just now, Conscience said:

Hes been asleep for half the season. Very concerning

I’m watching a few minutes behind live but I see him give the puck up and then drop his stick and then give the puck up again.  This is a typical play from him when he is not padding his stats with empty net assists. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gawdzukes said:

Overall Canucks have the 9 most power plays in the league. They have the 15th most Penalties against. We just suck at the PP the last month or two lol.

Ya this could be it. It’s also feels that way because we usually get the first penalty in most games.

7 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

It would be interesting to look at league wide stats on power plays , I’m a “homer”  so I quite often think we are getting screwed but the reality is probably we are getting a fair share. Now our power play , woof !

9th in the league in total PP 10th in PP%

interestingly 12th in total PK’s given the amount of games we have dominated/carried the play that is oddly high. 

1 minute ago, brilac said:

It's shorter travelling distance. I mean Nashville - now that's a bit a ways away! 

Yes, but the Canucks don’t match up well against LA. They don’t have any answer to the trap style the Kings play. Most likely, LA would sweep us.

14 minutes ago, igorwasgreat said:

It would be interesting to look at league wide stats on power plays , I’m a “homer”  so I quite often think we are getting screwed but the reality is probably we are getting a fair share. Now our power play , woof !

We draw the 7th fewest penalties as of yesterday ...

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask/most-penalties-drawn-by-nhl-team-this-season

We take more .... (10th most penalized)

https://www.statmuse.com/nhl/ask?q=nhl+team+penalty+minutes+ranking+2023+-+2024

Edited by Googlie
Added data for clarity

3 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I have 12th most PK that’s still high considering how many games they've carried the play. 

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's funny when anyone counters his arguments, it becomes an attack.

If you read what he said he didn’t counter all he said was a personal attack on me. Called me a troll and made a comment like he knew me personally. I guess you just ignored his comments. There was nothing I said about Petey that wasn’t true he just gets bent out of shape if you respond to his hater comments and anything negative against Petey. He says I only say negative comments but he never ever responds to the good ones. I have posted a few tonight so. He just needs things to fit his narrative. So he ignores the positive comments. Cheers buddy.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82
  • Wiener 1

10 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

Yes and the personal attack was the cherry on top. You have no strong arguments so you resort to attacks. Ohhh sooo sooo weak. I am done with you. Have fun thinking of the next response to this one. I am waiting in anticipation. 

You think way to Highly of yourself…..

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I had an orange.

Then popcorn (but I spilled half on the ground).

I brought some chicken chili home from work (they feed us lunch) but I'm just not feeling it. I'm so into oranges these days...might have another and call it a day.

Not feeling well?