[GDT] Tuesday April 16, 2024 7:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Calgary Flames @ Vancouver Canucks in Rogers Arena

Goal_thecup

The Flames are a shit team looking to play spoiler and maybe target some Canucks stars. Canucks can't fall into their shenanigans and gotta keep their heads up, need to stay healthy for the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

The Alberta Advantage they DON'T show you in the "Move to Alberta" TV commercials...........

(....only 3 more months till summer - hang in there!  Hope it lands on a weekend this year for our poor little eastern cousins!)

Calgary this morning........  http://trafficcam.calgary.ca/ss/4/loc79.jpg

Northbound section of Deerfoot Trail reopened after multiple collisions,  one southbound lane open | CTV News

Vancouver this morning.........Trans Canada Trail | Trail Profile: City of Vancouver Trail

It was funny, when I was in Edmonton for Saturdays game, driving from the airport, all the golfers were out on brown courses (even the greens) wearing toques and heavy jackets. Most of the courses from PG south are greening up nicely, and in the interior it was t-shirt and shorts. Nope, would never consider Alberta. 

• Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Reg said:

Have to say I am normally a confident person who doesn't get overly concerned about things that are out of my control but for some reason this season I get anxious when the Canucks have what is such a key game. Not that this is a fair comparison however I have a better appreciation for people feel who suffer from anxiety on a daily basis.

If this is a "key game" that gives you serious anxiety, I worry about your sanity once the playoffs games start.

But you raise a good point. It will be different again managing ones emotions.  We all put our hopes and dreams on the line for every shift that jumps over the boards. Every break, and every mistake, is amplified 100X.  I dread it and at the same time I can't wait another second for it to start! :frantic:

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

The fact they weren't totally happy about the EDM game gives me hope.  We do know there's still another gear or two for this squad.  Our big guns aren't firing at 100%.

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

The fact they weren't totally happy about the EDM game gives me hope.  We do know there's still another gear or two for this squad.  Our big guns aren't firing at 100%.

Good thing we paid for those known gears. 😉

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

I've got a Flames friend as well, but he's cheering for us because he wants that 3rd round pick from us and wants the Flames to tank of course

My grand daughter lives in Calgary and is a Flames fan. She is cheering for the Canucks tonight and in the playoffs because she loves me. Go figure. 🙂  

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

17 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

This did make me laugh

IMG_5634.thumb.jpeg.37fe3f4a14629e116f0704b0b139587a.jpeg

Miller was then shown this by patrick johnson

IMG_5633.thumb.jpeg.1defe11296fa4bb8c63073d6976d2e04.jpeg

Brian Burke was on Kyper & Bourne yesterday. They were talking about the disadvantage that high tax franchises deal with in the NHL. Burke does not think any Canadian franchise will be able to win a Stanley Cup unless there are changes. He felt the CAP has to be adjusted to after tax dollars for fair competition. I didn't understand why but he said the Players Association would fight it. He made a lot of sense. 

• Like 3

So good news. The entire Canucks' Playoff Run, Canucks Talk with Thomas Drance is adding an extra hour. Doesn't guarantee Drance will be in whole hour but I'm all for more Drance for the playoffs 🤩

• Wiener 1

5 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

So good news. The entire Canucks' Playoff Run, Canucks Talk with Thomas Drance is adding an extra hour. Doesn't guarantee Drance will be in whole hour but I'm all for more Drance for the playoffs 🤩

Surpringly Drance has became the voice of reason and calmness throughout this adversity stretch. 

2 minutes ago, 24K said:

Surpringly Drance has became the voice of reason and calmness throughout this adversity stretch. 

Yep. Drance has always been more data driven in his analysis. I think a lot of people didn't like it during the Bruce there it is period because Drance could tell this was no sustainable even though many people here thought it was. 

Edited by iinatcc