Round 1 - Winnipeg Jets (C2) vs Colorado Avalanche (C3)

Guess the series outcomes!  

110 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins in How Many Games?

• Colorado in 4
    • Colorado in 5
    • Colorado in 6
    • Colorado in 7
    • Winnipeg in 4
    • Winnipeg in 5
    • Winnipeg in 6
    • Winnipeg in 7
  2. 2. BONUS: Will there be a 4+ goal blowout?

15 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I wouldn't say that, but Georgiev is actively hurting them tonight 

Oilers actually have better team defensive stats than the Avs do, I don't think enough folks around here give the Oil enough credit defensively, they aren't the team they were at the beginning of the season 

I think oilers defensive stats are skewed because they control the puck so much.. is Bouchard really that good?? Or is it because they are rarely in the defensive zone?? 

3 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

I think oilers defensive stats are skewed because they control the puck so much.. is Bouchard really that good?? Or is it because they are rarely in the defensive zone?? 

I think he's probably better than a lot of Canucks fans give him credit for 

It could be that the stats are skewed, being a good possession team helps, but the Oil are still 10th in goals allowed, 5th in shots on goal allowed, and 15th on the PK 

Winning faceoffs helps too, they're 5th in the dot 

Edited by Coconuts

I like the whiteout in Winnipeg. The Canucks at the very least should give out blue T-shirt or something on every seats considering how much they charge for tickets and make the arena look uniform for the playoff. Calgary is like all red Toronto mostly wear their home uniforms same with Edmonton but Vancouver it’s all over the place u have blue white black yellow suits etc 

Very entertaining game..

WPG better tighten up because COL will win the series if its a shoot out like this every game. Especially with COL getting their starting goalie back. 

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I think he's probably better than a lot of Canucks fans give him credit for 

It could be that the stats are skewed, being a good possession team helps, but the Oil are still 10th in goals allowed, 5th in shots on goal allowed, and 15th on the PK 

Winning faceoffs helps too, they're 5th in the dot 

There's only one person here who obsessively shits on him and he doesn't know anything about hockey

3 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

There's only one person here who obsessively shits on him and he doesn't know anything about hockey

I don't even like the Oil, I just think one can be objective about teams and players whether one likes them or not 

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't even like the Oil, I just think one can be objective about teams and players whether one likes them or not 

Apparently I'm stupid for not thinking half of the NHL's defencemen are AHL trash

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

Colorado controls the play, but they lose the goalie battle.

I thought this would have been the case in  3-2 game, but it rings true here too lol.

It will be interesting to see if Winnipeg can gain control of a game, otherwise I see Colorado winning both at home.

17 hours ago, Miss Korea said:

Apparently I'm stupid for not thinking half of the NHL's defencemen are AHL trash

Nothing like a cheap shot on a poster who's not even part of the discussion to get your point across.  No one called you stupid, but you're also not automatically smarter than everyone else on this forum despite what you seem to think.  If you're thinking about me that much, you may want to either use the ignore feature or cut down on your Internet usage.  Unfortunately, I am not going to be providing a Jfresh chart to help you decide which of those options is best for you.

32 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Nothing like a cheap shot on a poster who's not even part of the discussion to get your point across.  No one called you stupid, but you're also not automatically smarter than everyone else on this forum despite what you seem to think.  If you're thinking about me that much, you may want to either use the ignore feature or cut down on your Internet usage.  Unfortunately, I am not going to be providing a Jfresh chart to help you decide which of those options is best for you.

What makes you think I'm talking about you?  Oh right - you're the only one in the world who thinks half of the NHL's D-men are AHL trash.  Didn't know you had such a fragile ego.

I'm not automatically smarter than anyone.  I'm smarter than you because you haven't come up with an original hockey opinion for a couple of years now.  Do you not grow tired of literally repeating the exact same thing over and over again?  Is there something wrong with you?  Everytime someone talks about Toronto, you HAVE to mention Rielly being AHL trash.  Everytime someone talks about Edmonton, you HAVE to mention Bouchard being AHL trash.  You don't anything about the Leafs, you don't know anything about the Oilers...  you don't anything about any other hockey team for that matter.

Again: name a forechecking system Winnipeg uses in the opponent's zone or the neutral zone.  Or name a system Colorado uses.  Name any forechecking system for that matter.

53 minutes ago, Miss Korea said:

What makes you think I'm talking about you?  Oh right - you're the only one in the world who thinks half of the NHL's D-men are AHL trash.  Didn't know you had such a fragile ego.

I'm not automatically smarter than anyone.  I'm smarter than you because you haven't come up with an original hockey opinion for a couple of years now.  Do you not grow tired of literally repeating the exact same thing over and over again?  Is there something wrong with you?  Everytime someone talks about Toronto, you HAVE to mention Rielly being AHL trash.  Everytime someone talks about Edmonton, you HAVE to mention Bouchard being AHL trash.  You don't anything about the Leafs, you don't know anything about the Oilers...  you don't anything about any other hockey team for that matter.

Again: name a forechecking system Winnipeg uses in the opponent's zone or the neutral zone.  Or name a system Colorado uses.  Name any forechecking system for that matter.

We've both been asked by the mod team to cut out the cheap shots towards each other in the past.  I'm at least smart enough to follow their request, so I won't be continuing this conversation with you.

Just now, King Heffy said:

We've both been asked by the mod team to cut out the cheap shots towards each other in the past.  I'm at least smart enough to follow their request, so I won't be continuing this conversation with you.

It isn't a cheap shot unless you perceive it as one.  If you can't handle getting sweated out for awful hockey takes, stop making them.  Everybody knows you hate specific players - you don't need to mention it every fucking time their teams are brought up.

1 minute ago, Miss Korea said:

It isn't a cheap shot unless you perceive it as one.  If you can't handle getting sweated out for awful hockey takes, stop making them.  Everybody knows you hate specific players - you don't need to mention it every fucking time their teams are brought up.

And everyone knows you have difficulty avoiding the personal attacks towards those you disagree with.  You don't need to remind everyone even when someone isn't participating in the fucking thread.  I'd suggest taking it to PM to further avoid derailing this thread even further, but I'd much prefer if you stayed the fuck away from my inbox.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

And everyone knows you have difficulty avoiding the personal attacks towards those you disagree with.  You don't need to remind everyone even when someone isn't participating in the fucking thread.  I'd suggest taking it to PM to further avoid derailing this thread even further, but I'd much prefer if you stayed the fuck away from my inbox.

And I'm saying you're trying to turn this into a personal attack.  I didn't tag you or pull you in here.