Round 1 - Boston Bruins (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Guess the series outcomes!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

2. 2. Which team will have more penalty minutes this series?

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Cromeslab said:

Leafs are overhyped by the media end of story can’t live up to it

So true, stay tuned for whatever they do this off-season. Whatever it is, it's epic and brilliant. 

Edited by Rekker
  • ThereItIs 2

Posted (edited)

Too bad the Leafs lost... I was hoping they'd upset the Bruins.

But they took them to 7 games... which means the Bruins are more beat up and tired... good thing.

Not that I am cheering for the Leafs, just that I dislike Boston much more.

I think the Panthers beat the Bruins in 6... and the Rangers prevail over the 'Canes.

Then we will see a 7 game series between the Rangers and Panthers... hard to say who'll come out of that one.  But the winner will likely be beat up.

All of this is good for the Western Conference finalist... assuming its the Canucks.  😉

Edited by -Buzzsaw-
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Aww yeah, another year of Toronto proving me right. Signing Tavares killed their chances. Cause now they have Rielly and a bunch of 3rd pair and 7th d-men. Also, their coaching has been ass. Also, also, Marner has been a ghost in the playoffs. Regular season performer for sure. Nylander is the only real gem of their big name forwards. Nobody on that blueline can really create offence. Maybe this is the spoiled Canuck fan in me. But Rielly ain't really that kind of guy. At least not on his own. Maybe if they like I said actually had a top 4. Or at least 2 or 3 top 4 D-men they'd be fine. I think you can win with 3 of their big 4 forwards. But that 4th guy just eats too much cap to fill out a roster. Dropping one 11mil guy can easily add 2 somewhat decent top 4 d-men. Like, that's two Tanevs. Lol.

58 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Babcock: I want them to know it was me

Funny that Cooper's involved too

Which Bruin Players' phone did Montgomery check then ?

15 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

If you can find the right deal trade marner reload and let Tavares walk in a year.  Build around Matthew's and Nylander.

If they turn Marner or Tavares into a top pair defenceman and a solid starting goalie, the Leafs will win some rounds in the playoffs.  Until then, it'll be 1 and done over and over.

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

If they turn Marner or Tavares into a top pair defenceman and a solid starting goalie, the Leafs will win some rounds in the playoffs.  Until then, it'll be 1 and done over and over.

Sometimes when it's really dark and quiet out and I can't sleep I think they'll get Zadorov and Tanev.

• chaos 1

20 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Of all the Laff players, you'd think this creampuff would be one of those that disappear in the post-season.  But nope.  He actually showed up when it counted.  Has more balls than Marner & Matthews.

So does my aunt.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Cromeslab said:

What?

I don't even know what the media says about hockey I just consume a handful of general hockey YouTube channels.  Hockey Psychology, Urinating Tree, Eck, The Hockey Guy... all of them have their hometeams (eg. Rangers, Leafs, Penguins, CANUCKS) but they're not just gonna focus on just that team. 

Cut your cable

• Cheers 1

Reffing the Toronto/Boston series was actually worse than the Canucks/Preds.

Bias in favour of Boston in the final game was so obvious you'd think there'd be a riot in TO.

In the third Leafs get called for non-existent hooks, and Bruins get away with pulling down a Leaf on a near-breakaway.

Anytime you are up against an original six American team you have to figure you'll be in the hole for penalties.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

48 minutes ago, Captain Hughes said:

Oh Toronto maybe one year your team will get past the 3rd round for the first time in franchise history......bahahahahaha

image.gif.3591def472a95a7bb102fce086993b6a.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hockeyville88 said:

Hate the Bruins but I love Swayman. The tap on Knies's head after Knies crashes into him 😁. Binnington would've chopped his head off 

Yeah, Swayman is a class act. Knies basically went for Swayman's knees (not intentionally) and Swayman shows a ton of class.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RU SERIOUS said:

Wow, was Morgan Riley ever lazy on that winning Boston Goal.    Barely got into gear and slower than mollases.  He didn't even look interested in trying -more like looking forward to getting up to the cottage for the start of summer.  He looks like a cow ready to go out to pasture - like most of the overpaid-overhyped disfunctional Laffs team that the CBC HNIC Toronna propoganda crew prop up as the second coming of Christ and the Apostles.

That was actually a pretty wild set play. I really wanted to rag on Marner and then Rielly for Pasta being so open there, but when you think of where Pasta was when he handed off the puck, and flying around the outside like he did, it's not too surprising that they both missed him. Serious long-play give and go there

Neither had much of a chance, but then, how much D awareness are the two of then known for :classic_wink:

Edited by Kragar
  • Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, Kragar said:

That was actually a pretty wild set play. I really wanted to rag on Marner and then Rielly for Pasta being so open there, but when you think of where Pasta was when he handed off the pick, and flying around the outside like he did, it's not too surprising that they both missed him. Serious long-play give and go there

Neither had much of a chance, but then, how much D awareness are the two of then known for :classic_wink:

That was a set play for sure. Pastrnak went flying and knew exactly where to go. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, greenbean30 said:

Gotta love Tavares' 0 points in 7 games as well!

Yeah, classic biased coverage on and on, "What's wrong with Pettersson?"

Well, what the flying fuck was wrong with O'Reilly?  Couldn't hit the net, couldn't muscle anyone off the puck, but the media?  Crickets.

Tavares: how many dollars divided by how many points?  Still a great leader, really cares about the team, blah, blah, blah..

Underpants Matthews? Ka-ching Ka-ching Ka-ching but F-all when it matters, creepy dude cashes in.

Same as it ever was, same as it ever was, here comes the twister, Nux have to beat the other team, the refs, the league, and triumph even though our own media knives us in the back, same as it ever was, same as it ever was, after the money's gone, once in a lifetime.. (thanks to David Byrne).

Think the leafs need to trade two big names and get players that can play and a better goalie.

Get two better D,a goalie and two hard working players.

My guess Marner and Nylamder would get them that and more even if it means keeping cap space to fill the goalie or a D.