Round 1 - Boston Bruins (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Guess the series outcomes!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

2. 2. Which team will have more penalty minutes this series?

25 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

A wee bit of posturing for skate-out. 

v12o7P.gif.48abce3fb64441f8458c23689b5abb00.gif

14 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

This goalie platoon is going to come back and haunt Boston.. your game 1 starter was amazing and nearly perfect in game 1.. game 2 you bench him just coz that’s what you did in regular season?

Part of their long-term strategy.  It worked for them all year, so it makes little sense to suddenly change things around.

It's one thing to adjust something that isn't working in the playoffs but if you are making adjustments BECAUSE it's playoffs, I think that's a bad idea.

Edited by Miss Korea

What an embarassing way to concede a goal, so many messes. Their goalie doesn't freeze the puck, whiffs on it, then the defencemen give it away, let up a sharp angle shot, shakes the goalie up, then lose a faceoff, can't win a single puck battle, let in a cross crease pass and their goalie can't stop it. 

The Leafs are an embarrassment of a team. Boston aren't even really that good anymore but Toronto make them look superb.

Sloppy hockey, the Canucks are light years ahead of these guys.

52 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

This goalie platoon is going to come back and haunt Boston.. your game 1 starter was amazing and nearly perfect in game 1.. game 2 you bench him just coz that’s what you did in regular season?

They're playing Toronto..they're making sure both of the goalies get in practice for the next round.

13 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

What an embarassing way to concede a goal, so many messes. Their goalie doesn't freeze the puck, whiffs on it, then the defencemen give it away, let up a sharp angle shot, shakes the goalie up, then lose a faceoff, can't win a single puck battle, let in a cross crease pass and their goalie can't stop it. 

The Leafs are an embarrassment of a team. Boston aren't even really that good anymore but Toronto make them look superb.

Sloppy hockey, the Canucks are light years ahead of these guys.

Laffs are done as a dinner

37 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

If the Leafs do lose the series I wonder if the will blow the team up or make 2-3 tweaks and stay delusional.

They can't really do much this offseason, unless they can convince Marner to waive his NMC and trade him, the problem is most teams that are competing can't take on $11m in cap. Guess they could try for a hockey trade with a team that's got some excess defense and need some offense.

No team will take Tavares at his caphit, and he would never waive his NMC.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I'm watching baseball, but flipping over to the hockey game between innings....

So far the best moment in this game was Juice saying he liked stanchions, during the intermission.....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

They can't really do much this offseason, unless they can convince Marner to waive his NMC and trade him, the problem is most teams that are competing can't take on $11m in cap. Guess they could try for a hockey trade with a team that's got some excess defense and need some offense.

They're going to have to do something..I can see some changes in the staff.

20 minutes ago, greenbean30 said:

Marner can simply refuse any trade offer and walk to free agency. Same with Tavares. 

The Leafs will have 5 players next season taking up 60% of the cap. Not sure they can do much at all. Nobody is trading them a #1 goalie or any legit defensive defencemen. 

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Marner can simply refuse any trade offer and walk to free agency. Same with Tavares. 

The Leafs will have 5 players next season taking up 60% of the cap. Not sure they can do much at all. Nobody is trading them a #1 goalie or any legit defensive defencemen. 

Yeah I know he can, that's why I said they'd have to convince Marner to waive his NMC, which I doubt he would do.

And I also agree, no team is going to give up a high-end defenseman or goalie for Marner. The Leafs wouldn't get what they would want for him, especially at his caphit for next year.

I think the Leafs are just gonna be this team for one more year, and then will have to try and build through free agency since they won't be able to trade either player at the TDL.

• Cheers 1