Round 1 - Boston Bruins (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Guess the series outcomes!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

2. 2. Which team will have more penalty minutes this series?

4 hours ago, Jaimito said:

On ESPN, Messier and PK Subban talk about the Leafs loss while holding hockey sticks. 

PK said Marchand will be a Hall of famer.  55 goals in playoffs, tied cam Neely. 

PXL_20240425_024011343.MP.jpg

He probably will be when it's all said and done tbh

It's his international success that'll probably put him over the top 

He won't be a first ballot guy but he'll probably get in eventually 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He's certainly an effective player, he's come a long way from being the pure agitator he was once upon a time 

He absolutely owned Tyler Bertuzzi in game 3. Poor Bertuzzi must have nightmares about being devoured by rats, with Marchand cackling like a madman as he steals Bertuzzi's lunch money.

Edited by Curmudgeon
  • Cheers 2

admission here..... I have ALWAYS been a Canuck fan first, but growing up I liked the Bruins a lot, too. I mean as a kid what's not to like, Orr, Espo, O'Rielly, Cheevers et al. 

After 2011, I lost a lot of respect for them, but I'd still rather have them win this series than the 'centre of the universe, Laffs' . 

• Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

admission here..... I have ALWAYS been a Canuck fan first, but growing up I liked the Bruins a lot, too. I mean as a kid what's not to like, Orr, Espo, O'Rielly, Cheevers et al. 

After 2011, I lost a lot of respect for them, but I'd still rather have them win this series than the 'centre of the universe, Laffs' . 

My only connection to the Bruins was Johnny Bucyk who spent summers near here for many years. A great guy. He used to bring many teammates to his place on the lake. I disliked the Bruins because of the way they lit up the Canucks back in the '70's and took great pleasure in doing it. I was still a Habs fan back then so always enjoyed seeing them beat the Bruins. Hated Cherry back then but sure learned love him on HNIC. 

I don't really care who wins this series as they will be annililated in the 2nd Round. At least if the Laffers get beat we won't have to listen to the sad excuses by the SN panel. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Boudrias said:

My only connection to the Bruins was Johnny Bucyk who spent summers near here for many years. A great guy. He used to bring many teammates to his place on the lake. I disliked the Bruins because of the way they lit up the Canucks back in the '70's and took great pleasure in doing it. I was still a Habs fan back then so always enjoyed seeing them beat the Bruins. Hated Cherry back then but sure learned love him on HNIC. 

I don't really care who wins this series as they will be annililated in the 2nd Round. At least if the Laffers get beat we won't have to listen to the sad excuses by the SN panel. 

I can understand that view point. I'll be glad when the sportsnet panel stops harping on the Laffs.( hell freezes over?) 

Almost everybody lit up the Canucks back in the 70's. The Bruins arrogance, similar to the 80's Oilers, was very annoying. 

• Like 1

lol if the Leafs lose this series, they should just blow it up. Trade Marner, don't think anyone wants Tavares at 11million. 

How many years has it been the Leafs think they have something special on their hands just to get destroyed in the playoffs. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Willy is an enigma. 

Def sounds concerning though

"One of the reasons for the secrecy around his situation is that an actual diagnosis has been hard to come by, whether it is a migraine, a concussion or something else that could affect that area."

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Shamaplan should have kept Lou Lam. Lou would have gotten a goalie. 

Psst, don't tell The Laffs, Shanahan is The Problem; has been for years.

That POS is full of shit; don't know why anyone thinks he's smart enough to run a hockey team; remember his 'fine work' on the Department of Players Safety?  Total Goof.

Here's a shot of Brendan Morrison after Shanahan knocked his teeth out AFTER THE GAME WAS OVER.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS4EhGB0A4mUr1HLJU5Hkt 

The silent partner on the Vancouver's highest-scoring forward line is playing better than ever despite wearing a full facemask after losing several teeth.

Brendan Morrison never seems to receive the same plaudits as high-scoring linemates Markus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi, but nevertheless he's a key contributor as the Canucks continue to surge forward in the Western Conference.

Morrison had a goal and three assists last night when the Canucks stretched their unbeaten string to 13 games, including nine wins, by beating the Columbus Blue Jackets 7-2 before another sellout at GM Place.

Since losing four upper teeth -- Morrison was high-sticked by Detroit's Brendan Shanahan, without a penalty call -- he has produced eight points in four games, including two game-winning goals.

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

"One of the reasons for the secrecy around his situation is that an actual diagnosis has been hard to come by, whether it is a migraine, a concussion or something else that could affect that area."

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's lower down, like something missing in the sack, that affects his lack of performance in the playoffs.

it does, and I probably shouldn't make light of it. I do hope he's OK. 

Its clearly not the bullshit Vegas has pulled. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

it does, and I probably shouldn't make light of it. I do hope he's OK. 

Its clearly not the bullshit Vegas has pulled. 

Especially given he played all 82 regular season games 

I get not liking teams and players, but making light of what could be a neurological issue is no small thing 

Some things can't be fixed with pharmaceuticals or medical attention 

Especially given he played all 82 regular season games 

I get not liking teams and players, but making light of what could be a neurological issue is no small thing 

Some things can't be fixed with pharmaceuticals or medical attention 

I actually wasn't aware of the extent of it. 

My dislike of the Leafs is more about the media than the players, although Matthews does seem a little icky. 

• Cheers 2

9 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I actually wasn't aware of the extent of it. 

My dislike of the Leafs is more about the media than the players, although Matthews does seem a little icky. 

Me either, it sounds pretty rough

Same tbh, though I do think Bertuzzi is a bit of a strange dude 

The Edmonton dislike is different given all the matchups we've had over the years, but with Toronto it's more the media and a segment of the fanbase

If the Leafs weren't shoved in the rest of Canada's face as much as they are they'd probably be disliked less 

Montreal is a much more storied franchise with a fanbase that may very well be larger, they don't get the same treatment 

Edited by Coconuts
  • MillerTime 1

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the Bruins. Don’t ban me or put on ignore 🙂 It has been their competitiveness and extra push in the playoffs that I find quite remarkable.  To me they are the prototype of the hard to play against team. Real bitches 🙂  

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Shamaplan should have kept Lou Lam. Lou would have gotten a goalie. 

The Lou Lam who traded for and extended Horvat?  Him?  You actually like him??  Does he inspire you because he's old enough to be your dad and still works?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Actually, I'm pretty sure it's lower down, like something missing in the sack, that affects his lack of performance in the playoffs.

Willy?  He was clutch against Tampa last year.  He and Rielly got them through that round.

50 minutes ago, Mr Wrong said:

I have to admit I have a soft spot for the Bruins. Don’t ban me or put on ignore 🙂 It has been their competitiveness and extra push in the playoffs that I find quite remarkable.  To me they are the prototype of the hard to play against team. Real bitches 🙂  

Actually Boston has a pretty brutal recent history of epic chokes and collapses in the playoffs.  They typically only beat teams who choke harder (eg. us, the Leafs). 

• Cheers 1