Round 1 - Boston Bruins (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Guess the series outcomes!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

2. 2. Which team will have more penalty minutes this series?

7 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Eriksson-Ek and Brodin for Petey, and trade Hronek for a 1st rounder at the draft.

If Petey regresses offensively he is Eriksson-EK. Brodin is another 30yr old LHD that we don't need. I'll take Auston Matthews, thank you very much. After another first round exit he may be looking for a new home. Where is he going to go now that the Yotes moved to Utah?

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

That's not really a step up, Manny's already an assistant 

I like Burr, I like Manny, but I'm also fine with not following the Oilers model of filling the ranks with a bunch of former Canucks, we've already got a few in the twins, Higgins, and Johnson 

With all due respect to Burr and Manny, I hold Foote and Gonchar in much higher regard.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I would have figured Treliving would have seen the folly of Dubas. And made trades to make it a more balanced team with a strong defence, and solid goaltending.

But I guess when your players are over $11 million per season, it's hard to find teams that have cap space.

See that's your mistake assuming Treliving has a brain. Without Benning to follow he's lost.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Yup. Alf just thinks Manny, because of how he had to work so hard to be a player, is special. Alf and Burrows are guys we should get back. They are Canucks and also guys who had to sacrifice to be successful NHLers.,

Manny would be a great mentor for Podz 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

With all due respect to Burr and Manny, I hold Foote and Gonchar in much higher regard.

Gonchar I get, he's been an assistant longer and contributed to the Pens winning back to back cups

Foote on the other hand, he's been a defensive coach at the NHL level and an head coach at the WHL level prior to this gig, I'm more impressed by Manny and Burr

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

A plague rat with talent.

He's contributed to the Leafs being disappointed in the first round at least a few times now and I thank him for his service 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

The one constant is Shanahan. As long as he’s there they will be top heavy upfront, with mediocre defense and goaltending.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. If the Leafs can't get past Boston, I think it might spell the end of Shanahan. Ten seasons, six and soon to be seven first round defeats, two seasons missing the playoffs, and one defeat in the second round. So, one playoff round won out of eight playoff seasons.  

10 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Gonchar I get, he's been an assistant longer and contributed to the Pens winning back to back cups

Foote on the other hand, he's been a defensive coach at the NHL level and an head coach at the WHL level prior to this gig, I'm more impressed by Manny and Burr

How is Foote's resume less impressive than Manny and Burr? His coaching experience is equivalent, if not better, and he has 2 cups and an olympic gold as a player.

Just now, I.Am.Ironman said:

How is Foote's resume less impressive than Manny and Burr? His coaching experience is equivalent, if not better, and he has 2 cups and an olympic gold as a player.

We're not discussing what they did as players

Foote spent six years as a defensive coach at the NHL level, this is his first assistant coach gig 

Burrows has three years as an assistant, Malhotra has a year of being a development coach and seven years as an assistant between Vancouver and Toronto 

You could maybe argue he's done more than Burrows but that depends on which coaching position you value more, he hasn't done more than Manny though 

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Cups. 

Precisely my point. Manny and Burr have how many cups and olympic golds?

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

We're not discussing what they did as players

Foote spent six years as a defensive coach at the NHL level, this is his first assistant coach gig 

Burrows has three years as an assistant, Malhotra has a year of being a development coach and seven years as an assistant between Vancouver and Toronto 

You could maybe argue he's done more than Burrows but that depends on which coaching position you value more, he hasn't done more than Manny though 

Foote's experience, and more importantly success, as a player trumps whatever difference there is between being a defensive coach for 6 years vs assitant coach for 7. IMO anyway, this is all subjective. I guess I'd put it this way, all of Manny, Burr, Gonchar and Foote had great careers, but who would carry more of an aura? The 2 that have won cups and olympic golds, or the two who haven't? And I loved both Burr and Manny as Canucks.