Round 1 - Boston Bruins (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Guess the series outcomes!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

2. 2. Which team will have more penalty minutes this series?

Sayonara Lafferville. Maybe real hockey people can sit on the panels. Would love to see Cherry get a phone call for a convo. The fact that we had to watch Laffer highlites during the Bob Cole tribute was pretty sickening. The fact that Cherry didn't even get a cameo says a lot about how low the hockey community in TO can stoop. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

[FAKE GDT]  Toronto @ Boston 4pm Pacific in Boston who lead the series 3-1 and can finish The Laffs off before The Vaunted Vancouver Canucks start tonight at 7pm at home, with their own 3-1 lead on the Malevolent Pre-Daters whose only talent is Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

[Real GDT creator @Rocket-68 is MIA and we hope OK.]

So, can we have some fun talking about how the Laffs may be out today?  Ha Ha

And can we talk about today's chance to knock the smash out of Nashville tonight?

GO CANUCKS GO!

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Sayonara Lafferville. Maybe real hockey people can sit on the panels. Would love to see Cherry get a phone call for a convo. The fact that we had to watch Laffer highlites during the Bob Cole tribute was pretty sickening. The fact that Cherry didn't even get a cameo says a lot about how low the hockey community in TO can stoop. 

Love to see Cherry back! He’d talk about Kadri and how stupid the Leafs were letting him go. Don loved Kadri and how he gave everything for the club. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

650 saying no Matthews tonight. That tummy ache must be real bad. Almost like headache bad. 
Can’t play got a boo boo. 

Edited by Alflives

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

650 saying no Matthews tonight. That tummy ache must be real bad. Almost like headache bad. 

No Matthews likely will mean a win.  The rest of the Leafs will actually work harder.

Just now, Alflives said:

Love to see Cherry back! He’d talk about Kadri and how stupid the Leafs were letting him go. Don loved Kadri and how he gave everything for the club. 

Love me two times?  (Sir James Morrison)

Watch what you wish for Alf; Cherry was pretty dotty last time I saw him on TV.

Personally, I can't stand Kadri, but he is one tough mofo and very difficult to play against.

La, la, la, la, la.  Nux game tonight and a chance to put the Predators in their place.. 300,000 years buried under what's left of the Earth's ice somewhere!

GREAT BIG & BOLD

GO CANUCKS GO!

Watch out Lauzon, Big Z is always watching out for his teammates: 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/video/flames-zadorov-drops-gloves-with-predators-lauzon-after-big-hit-on-pospisil/ 

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Goal_thecup said:

Watch what you wish for Alf; Cherry was pretty dotty last time I saw him on TV.

Cherry is 90 years old now; putting him on the air would be approaching Bruce Willis territory.  A pre-recorded tribute for Cole would have been nice, but the bridge has likely been burned between him and HNIC management.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I don't miss Cherry at all, when he got the boot he'd been getting worse for years. Nostalgia and reality are two different things. 

Cherry would tell it like it is. He loved Kadri. He’d let the Leafs management know they made a huge mistake moving out Kadri. Still remember Cherry and Kadri kissing on air. I don’t think Cherry would be kissing Marner, Nylander, or Matthews. 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Cherry would tell it like it is. He loved Kadri. He’d let the Leafs management know they made a huge mistake moving out Kadri. Still remember Cherry and Kadri kissing on air. I don’t think Cherry would be kissing Marner, Nylander, or Matthews. 

I mean, there are plenty of folks out there who criticize the Leafs without Cherry being a factor. Others are capable of calling a spade a spade. 

Cherry isn't needed, there are more folks covering the sport than ever before. 

2 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I mean, there are plenty of folks out there who criticize the Leafs without Cherry being a factor. Others are capable of calling a spade a spade. 

Cherry isn't needed, there are more folks covering the sport than ever before. 

Cherry wasn’t a feared to criticize the league or the Leafs. Too much “milk toast” on cbc now. 
Cherry is way too old now, of course. But the guy was great. Imagine kissing Kadri! 

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Kadri and Hyman, Alf. But why didn't they resign Schenn? They would have had someone on the back end who could throw a hit. 

The thing about Cherry was how well he read players and teams. He had seen it all. If you have never read his books, do so. Very entertaining and lots of stories. 

I spent about 2 1/2 hours talking hockey with Don at a convention where he was the guest speaker. He was a great guy and a straight shooter. He loved talking hockey. I kind of had a leg up as I knew Johnny Bucyk. Bucyk brought Bobby Orr to town for a dinner to raise money for the Rec center that burnt down. He had a cabin/house on Kootenay Lake so he took Orr out for fishing. A few wobbley pops on the Lake and when they came back to shore Orr cut his ankle open on the prop. Well the Bruins camp wasn't that far away and Orr had to sit out for awhile because of the cut. I don't know what they told Cherry but he never knew the real story until I told him. I was smiling that day. 🙂 

• Cheers 2

On 4/29/2024 at 11:29 AM, Bob Long said:

Tavares is going to have a spleen problem next year, or something similar to allow the leaves to pull a Vegas. 

Good. I think all teams should pull that crap until the league does something about it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HKSR said:

No Matthews likely will mean a win.  The rest of the Leafs will actually work harder.

Just watch them somehow pull off a 1-0 win or something stupid like that.  The media/fanbase won't have a clue how to handle it.  TOR is objectively worse without #34.  But just watch them pull off the impossible anyway. 

Just now, Miss Korea said:

Just watch them somehow pull off a 1-0 win or something stupid like that.  The media/fanbase won't have a clue how to handle it.  TOR is objectively worse without #34.  But just watch them pull off the impossible anyway. 

I could totally see it.  It's not unusual to see something like that happen for a game, but then reality sets in and the team will usually lose the next one lol

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

I could totally see it.  It's not unusual to see something like that happen for a game, but then reality sets in and the team will usually lose the next one lol

He will return for game 6 and the team will proceed to give up 7 goals

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Alflives said:

I heard he was the victim of a purse snatching gone bad.

On a serious note, as much as I enjoy watching the Leafs lose I wish he was healthy and playing.

I actually want the Leafs to win this game. 

It would be way sweater for them to get blown out the door next game at home with the home crowd booing them throughout the game and off the ice for the last time. 😃