Round 1 - Boston Bruins (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Guess the series outcomes!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

2. 2. Which team will have more penalty minutes this series?

5 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Who said that?  Nylander has almost always been the Leafs best playoff performer for years

I thought it was in this thread but it was in a GDT. VanCan was going off about Nylander not being a playoff performer.

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I thought it was in this thread but it was in a GDT. VanCan was going off about Nylander not being a playoff performer.

Lol not even close.  Nylander is a playoff beast.  Pretty much a PPG playoff performer for several years now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ForestFalcon said:

Let's see if Toronto can put an end to their Game 7 Boston curse this time. Knew it had to go to 7 again.

In other words will they slay their dragon?

13 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yup. 

Don't know how any Canuck fan could cheer for Boston....no matter who they are playing. Toronto Laffs are too pathetic to be respected as any kind of hated rival.  The last time we saw any playoff hate with them was 1994 where we dispatched them pretty quickly in 5 games.

Hey, I hate how the CBC / Sportsnet cater to the Center of the Universe too.  In start times at home, to the wall to wall fawning over.  On top of it all the other reasons to hate Ontario, Toronto and the nations capital as well.  But those aren't hockey reasons to hate them, thats an annoyance problem.

Wooooooo!  Leafs win! :classic_ninja:

Perfectly put.

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, Morgan 33 said:

Imagine if the Canucks had closed it out like that in game 5...

Like the hated coilers did in their game 5 vs. the hated kangs.  😆 

37 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Yup. 

Don't know how any Canuck fan could cheer for Boston....no matter who they are playing. Toronto Laffs are too pathetic to be respected as any kind of hated rival.  The last time we saw any playoff hate with them was 1994 where we dispatched them pretty quickly in 5 games.

Hey, I hate how the CBC / Sportsnet cater to the Center of the Universe too.  In start times at home, to the wall to wall fawning over.  On top of it all the other reasons to hate Ontario, Toronto and the nations capital as well.  But those aren't hockey reasons to hate them, thats an annoyance problem.

Wooooooo!  Leafs win! :classic_ninja:

What would Canucks fans think of seeing a Leaf Oilers final🫡

Canada hasn't won a cup in years and one of those would be it in that case , would people feel any better?😆

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Ballisticsports said:

Canada hasn't won a cup in years and one of those would be it in that case , would people feel any better?😆

I'd prefer another pandemic shutting down the series.  Fortunately, this is very unlikely considering how terrible both teams bluelines are.

Edited by King Heffy

5 minutes ago, Ballisticsports said:

If the Canucks get knocked out I will cheer for the Oilers just because they’re in Canada, after having to travel to Toronto multiple dozens of times for work I can’t bring myself to cheer for them although watching them lose the SCF in game 7 OT to the Oilers would be sweet.

Really, Really, Really happy the Bruins are choking.

Even if they eliminate the Leafs, they will be beat up and meanwhile Florida is waiting, nice and fresh.

Florida will be tough to beat this year... last year they had too many injuries... this year they have pretty much a full roster.

Rangers are also an excellent team... will be a real battle with Carolina though.

36 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Credit to the leafs and Nylander. He comes through where Marner fails.

2 goals, 3 hits, 2 blocked shots. Well done, Willie. 

Marner has nobody on his line to pass with... Matthews is out... its just like Pettersson having no one.

Tavares/Nylander line is intact... they are producing.

• Vintage 1