Round 1 - Florida Panthers (A1) vs Tampa Bay Lightning (WC1)

Guess the series outcomes!  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins in how many games?

2. 2. BONUS: Who makes more saves throughout the series?

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Tampa is more feisty than Toronto is that's for sure.

Yeah, but I don’t think anyone can pull off the man purse better than Matthews, they were made for each other.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Yeah, but I don’t think anyone can pull off the man purse better than Matthews, they were made for each other.

Maybe Matthews was upset his dream of playing for Arizona is gone for the time being. :hurhur:

9 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Too little, too late for Tampa. Florida largely looked like the better team, three to go. Florida will want a bit more from Bobrovsky though.

Thought Bob made some big saves. Last goal was a total snipe, and no chance on the 1st one.

Florida was so clinical defensively, just dominating the neutral zone. Tampa needs to work harder to earn PP's, they'll need their PP to have a chance in this series. 

23 hours ago, Coconuts said:

He still shouldn't be playing any time soon, seriously. I get the athletes have access to experts and care most people don't, but you just don't recover from something super quickly without making questionable health decisions (steroids and so on). 

Bones heal pretty quickly relative to tendons, ligaments etc. Considering he is a pro athlete and has the best care available this isn't all that surprising. He is still at a relatively high risk of reinjury but a return at this juncture isn't suspicious.

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Thought Bob made some big saves. Last goal was a total snipe, and no chance on the 1st one.

Florida was so clinical defensively, just dominating the neutral zone. Tampa needs to work harder to earn PP's, they'll need their PP to have a chance in this series. 

He did, and it was, but maybe just a little more. 

Panthers put on a defensive clinic, they absolutely have the horses to shut Tampa down. Barkov in particular was great.

Hopefully they get the next one, if they go up 2-0 Tampa will be hard pressed to come back.

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

He did, and it was, but maybe just a little more. 

Panthers put on a defensive clinic, they absolutely have the horses to shut Tampa down. Barkov in particular was great.

Hopefully they get the next one, if they go up 2-0 Tampa will be hard pressed to come back.

I'm hoping for a long series, but agree Tampa is in tough. Gunna need a real bounce back, Kuch wasn't horrible but they'll need more from him.

Thought the former Van guys OEL & Forsling both looked really good for Florida too. Really like their defense, good depth, can spread the mins out. 

3 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Bones heal pretty quickly relative to tendons, ligaments etc. Considering he is a pro athlete and has the best care available this isn't all that surprising. He is still at a relatively high risk of reinjury but a return at this juncture isn't suspicious.

Dunno, I'm no doctor but fractures to both the tibia and fibula seem like they should keep him out longer. I get that hockey players will play through more than.the typical athlete, but still.

Isn't worth the longer-term risk imo, they'll need him going forward and Hedman ain't getting any younger.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm hoping for a long series, but agree Tampa is in tough. Gunna need a real bounce back, Kuch wasn't horrible but they'll need more from him.

Thought the former Van guys OEL & Forsling both looked really good for Florida too. Really like their defense, good depth, can spread the mins out. 

Kuch is a helluva talent but he'll also be matching up against arguably the league's best two-way forward in Barkov most of the time. I'm hoping the Bolts get punter sooner than later.

Forsling is a great talent, OEL's had a much better season in Florida too. They have good, well rounded depth, they don't be able to keep it all though so this year is probably their best chance.

2 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Dunno, I'm no doctor but fractures to both the tibia and fibula seem like they should keep him out longer. I get that hockey players will play through more than.the typical athlete, but still.

Isn't worth the longer-term risk imo, they'll need him going forward and Hedman ain't getting any younger.

Yeah I mean Conor McGregor has been juiced on roids since his leg break.  When was that - 3 years ago??

• Cheers 1