[PGT] Lames @ Canucks April 16th.

Just now, Devron said:

I didn’t realize we had a chance at the conference. If that ends up being the case. I can’t see us resting our players and frankly I don’t wanna see it 

You don’t win anything for winning the conference.

Only conference banner is for advancing to the Stanley Cup finals.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Fair enough but I’d still like to see it, moot point if Dallas wins tomorrow though 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Not exactly.... VGK have 3rd place wrapped up.

So its either Nashville or LA... personally I don't think either of them can beat the Canucks... I don't believe LA will continue its regular season edge.

And if we win the Conference, i.e. we beat the Jets, then we have home ice advantage throughout the Western Conference.

So we will not see Vegas in round 1?

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

Thanks 

My question was … if we have clinched our division and Dallas has clinched the conference then we are guaranteed to meet the #1 WC which  is guaranteed to be Nashville. 

The only way this changes  is if we overcome Dallas and win both our division AND the conference . Then we would meet the 2nd WC who will be either LAK or VGK. 

Is this correct? Anyone?

Thanks. 

Yes. Top team in the conference gets WC2 and that is reserved for LAK/VGK depending on results on Thursday and other will be P3.   The Stars are in control of their destiny with just a point and if they lose with zero point, the Canucks will have the destiny on Thursday.  It will come to the wire on game 82.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Wrong... You win home ice advantage throughout the West... if we lose to the Jets and they beat the Aves, then Jets have home ice.

If Dallas takes the Conference, they have home ice.

Home ice big advantage in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Winning the conference does win you home ice further down the road I believe. 

It’s been so long since we’ve been in regular playoffs I can’t get it straight. 

1 minute ago, Barnstorm said:

So we will not see Vegas in round 1?

Actually if Kings beat Hawks and Vegas loses to Ducks, then Vegas could be the opponent.

But I think VGK and Kings win in both those games... in which case VGK is third place in Pacific.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Actually winning the western conference guarantees going against either Vegas or LA, not exactly a worthy prize.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Not entirely true... you win home ice advantage for at least the first 3 rounds

3 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

Rest everyone, Start Abby..Why even risk it!..The stars have finally aligned for us, Let a good thing be and prepare for the big show!

Boo

Bust the busters
Screw the feeders
Make the healers
Feel the way I feel

Max Webster

• ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

Wrong... You win home ice advantage throughout the West... if we lose to the Jets and they beat the Aves, then Jets have home ice.

Yes, I agree.  That is why it's important to come out of first 2 games in playoffs with 2-0 lead and could easily lose the home ice advantage if the result holds.  

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Actually if Kings beat Hawks and Vegas loses to Ducks, then Vegas could be the opponent.

But I think VGK and Kings win in both those games... in which case VGK is third place in Pacific.

This is crazy how tight it all is. 

Just now, -Buzzsaw- said:

Wrong.

LA could emerge from the Central matchups for all we know. No point looking that far ahead.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, 1-d said:

Actually winning the western conference guarantees going against either Vegas or LA, not exactly a worthy prize.

Yes, it is a wrong year to have a defending Cup champion as a WC2. It doesn't happen too often which it sucks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

This^^^^

That’s why I’m thinking better to forfeit points in the Winnipeg game although I doubt they would do that, 

Just now, coolboarder said:

Yes, it is a wrong year to have a defending Cup champion as a WC2. It doesn't happen too often which it sucks.

I doubt VGK loses to the Ducks.  I think they win and therefore the Kings will be WC2.

And the Kings are overrated... I don't think they beat the Canucks in a 7 game series.

I think they got wins against us when we were playing backup goalies or were on a back to back.

They are like Chicago in 2011...  SLAY THE DRAGON.  😉

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -Buzzsaw- said:

I doubt VGK loses to the Ducks.  I think they win and therefore the Kings will be WC2.

And the Kings are overrated... I don't think they beat the Canucks in a 7 game series.

I think they got wins against us when we were playing backup goalies or were on a back to back.

They are like Chicago in 2011...  SLAY THE DRAGON.  😉

Im not sure I want to take that gamble.   
In the other hand, travel to Nashville would suck.