[PGT] Lames @ Canucks April 16th.

26 minutes ago, Captkirk888 said:

No professional ever eases up

no professional ease up? then why do team rest players in mean nothing games? look at nba? half the team in the league didn't even play a proper lineup

I think the Canucks will rest some players including Hughes, JT and a couple of D as some have logged many minutes this campaign.  Its crazy that they are still positioning for most of the teams heading into the last games of the season.  Probably best to see what happens with Dallas game tomorrow  to decide on the scenarios. Looking at the time of the Thursday games, the Kings game being the latest will probably have the most effect on who goes where  -> so it looks like it is down to the wire.  

But for tonight.....

Congratulations to the Canucks players / mgmt / coaches personnel for all their hard work this past year and the subsequent division title.  Hope some of the players (and coaches) get a reset in the next couple of days (especially Huggy who looks a bit spent).  Been a pleasure following them this year -  do their best in the playoffs and see where this takes us.

Truly the time of year to take it a game at a time.

justwin.jpg

Edited by hockeyfan-observer
  • Like 2
  • MillerTime 1

1 hour ago, 1-d said:

We won the division convincingly.

Now give 35, 43, 6, 9, 40 a maintenance day on Thursday.

F*ck yea! Man, Demmer is a beauty!. Rest up the All Stars?  I dunno about that. Players wanna play. I get that rest and preventing possible injury be the sole purpose of doing such. If needs be, then so be it.

I'm just so pumped seeing this squad play this season. And double pumped to see 'em perform in the playoffs. Frankly I don't care who we face in the 1st round. I just wanna get it going. Saturday can't come soon enough, man!

Go Canucks Go!!!!!:towel:

Not sure if anyone stuck around for the “Jersey off the back” celebration, but Hronek had a brace/wrap around his right elbow. Might explain why he hasn’t been leaning into slappers recently. 

Edited by Honkin Hronek
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Bottom line there's a limit to what players we can rest.

There's still a certain number of call ups until the playoffs correct?

There should be no reason however not to put in Juulsen. And rest either Cole or Myers

And we're still restricted by the salary cap until the playoffs start.

So there's no "rest everybody"....

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

no professional ease up? then why do team rest players in mean nothing games? look at nba? half the team in the league didn't even play a proper lineup

Fake news, go to bed before mama spkanks your ass boy

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Imagine calling a 5 minute major, getting to review it thoroughly, and still making the wrong call…🤦‍♂️

Theres no hope for these refs. The only penalty there was 2 for embellishment and it wasn’t even close.

Ya, that was a cross check by Hoglander for sure.  A 2 minute penalty every time even if they reviewed it for an hour.

They can’t add a penalty on another player they didn’t call on a review.  They can only review the major that was called on the ice.

They made the correct alteration on the review, and just missed the embellishment on the ice.

• ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

There should be no reason however not to put in Juulsen. And rest either Cole or Myers

Yep.   Pretty sure the team needs to ice the cap floor.     I'm sure unless a player needs a full week for something to heal up, that they will want to play the final road game too.    Juulsen for sure, Demko if there is any soreness,  QHs and EP if they've got anything going on, because you know they will be targeted and coming in to the playoffs as close to 100% is important. 

• Like 1

Just now, IBatch said:

Yep.   Pretty sure the team needs to ice the cap floor.     I'm sure unless a player needs a full week for something to heal up, that they will want to play the final road game too.    Juulsen for sure, Demko if there is any soreness,  QHs and EP if they've got anything going on, because you know they will be targeted and coming in to the playoffs as close to 100% is important. 

There isn’t a cap floor on who you put on the ice for a given game.  No one would be put on LTIR and would still count against the cap.

They could use any remaining emergency call ups to bring in a couple of warm bodies if they wanted to rest a few of their starters.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Players don’t want to rest. Coaches ask but don’t push, They read the room.

Do you think any of these guys are thinking rest right know?

No. They are getting amped up and ready to roll.

Fuck this bs rest shit. 
I’m tired, got to rest. Loll, said no professional athlete ever….

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Provost said:

There isn’t a cap floor on who you put on the ice for a given game.  No one would be put on LTIR and would still count against the cap.

They could use any remaining emergency call ups to bring in a couple of warm bodies if they wanted to rest a few of their starters.

Yes looking into it can't find anything saying a team needs to ice the cap floor.    A few times teams have iced well under the cap, injury related.   Still don't think they need to risk the remaining players,  by resting half the roster.   

Edit:  Anyone who's been playing with something, likely will get the day off.    I'm sure WNP will do the same.    If they don't go with Demko, then consider playing Silvos,  and giving EP and QHs the night off, Hronek too.   Juulsen im sure will get a game in.    

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1