[PGT] Lames @ Canucks April 16th.

anyone else notice that Kuzmenko was invisible last night?

I would definitely rest ... Hughes, JT, EP40, Cole/Soucy...and possibly only play Demko 1/2 the game against the Jets.

I would rather play Nashville 1st round, despite the extra travel involved. It's not like they have to bus/train out there.

There is not much chance that Vegas loses to Anaheim, unless they sit alot of their 'stars' . 

All this talk about embellishment penalties... I'd like them to start throwing the book at the '3rd man in penalties' when 2 players are scuffling, that 3rd man coming in to peal someone off the pile, should be automatic 10 and a game. Let those 2 scuffle it out... even if it were Hughes and some behemoth. Huggy wouldn't be in the league if he couldn't take care of himself to some degree: see the Tkachuk Turtle move. We can always sic someone after their star next shift. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

anyone else notice that Kuzmenko was invisible last night?

not me. I thought he was as noticeable offensively last night as anyone in their lineup. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Imagine calling a 5 minute major, getting to review it thoroughly, and still making the wrong call…🤦‍♂️

Theres no hope for these refs. The only penalty there was 2 for embellishment and it wasn’t even close.

I thought that the refs did an ok job of not letting the game degrade into more stupid stuff. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, high flying Vee said:

What’s Hoglanders ceiling?

I thought he was the best player in the offensive zone all night. The more intensity the better he seems to play. 

24 goals and no PP time?!?

Brad marchand skill wise

burrows agitator wise

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, high flying Vee said:

I thought he was the best player in the offensive zone all night. The more intensity the better he seems to play. 

Hope for a big playoff for him

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Remember our guys haven't had a super tough schedule recently....a lot of home games with two days in between. I'm not sure they need a lot of rest.

But still, flight to Peg and back…

I would leave a few key players at home

• Cheers 1

So if I am reading the standings right the only thing to be determined is who beats Edmonton in the first round unless we pass Dallas tomorrow. 
We get Nashville who is 4-5-1 in last 10 or LA/Vegas if we pass Dallas. May be time to send Abby Canucks to Winnipeg. 

21 minutes ago, high flying Vee said:

All the people that kept trying to trade him the last couple years should be publicly flogged at the Roger Nielsen statue. 

You know who you are... 😒

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

24 minutes ago, high flying Vee said:

Top 6 forward.  30 to 35 goals and 55 to 65 points.  Maybe pushing 70 points in his career year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

missed this one live... the wife dropped something noisy... had to rewind and listen to it 2nd time... priceless chirp though. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

But still, flight to Peg and back…

I would leave a few key players at home

That and the fact the Jets can play a heavy game.  Would hate to see an injury in game 82.

I like that some swagger and battle is back with this team, and at just the right time.  Hronek, Zadorov, Soucy, Miller, Hoglander, Garland, Joshua, Cole

Great mix of players who I believe will be big impacts in the playoffs. 

And this doesn't even mention Pettersson, Boeser, Lindholm, Hughes, Myers and Demko

Completely healthy, Canucks are ready to roll. I'm feelin' real good. 

• Cheers 1

One of the Old Canucks who has passed on, I miss Pat Quinn. I'd think he'd get a kick out of Quinn Hughes. Not because they were similar type defencemen. But because Pat would have loved the speed, skill, and ability of Quinn Hughes. Pat would have loved to coach a solid guy like Hughes. They both have the same fire.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, aGENT said:

All the people that kept trying to trade him the last couple years should be publicly flogged at the Roger Nielsen statue. 

You know who you are... 😒

Never forget, never forgive eh? 🤣 

Not sure if you guys caught the interview Quinn had with Kate at the end of the game, but notice he mentioned how playoffs was the goal this season, and they're gonna go have some fun in the playoffs.  Lower expectations on themselves means they'll probably play without being too tense or nervous.  Just go out and play their game.  Their competitive nature will keep their game elevated.

• Like 2