[PGT] Lames @ Canucks April 16th.

28 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

We already would have home ice for the first two rounds.

Cant look that far ahead as we have no idea who will come out of the central (if it even is a central team).

Now is the time to manage injuries and fatigue not go for some meaningless bragging rights.

Game 1 and 7 guaranteed in the WCF are not meaningless bragging rights.  The West is a bloodbath, we need any advantage that we can get, and that is a potentially huge one.

Come Tuesday we will have played 2 games in 10 days, not sure Fatique is going to be an issue.  

If guys are banged up, you obviously sit them, but otherwise tomorrows game is a big one if we can get the #1 seed.

Also, I want the Flames pick to be as low as possible out of spite.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If the Blues beat Dallas tonight, then play to win against the Jets.

Even if Dallas wins, play to win, if we win, we have the "Top Canadian Team" bragging rights.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

^^^^^^^^ This

Last year is a cautionary tale as everyone and their dog's best friend were slotting in the Bruins as the Stanley Cup winners with about 10 games yet to play in the season. Africa was awash with Bruins 2023 Champs T-Shirts by the second round. Below is a representative example of what the Bookies Are Saying although I might caution that odds are swayed a bit on where the money is flowing, but still, no one is putting our Beloved Canucks into the upper echelon of "They Have a Realistic Chance" group - Boston says hello from last year. 

PROVE THEM WRONG CANUCKS, PROVE THEM WRONG!

image.png.c5644be1cc92fc392ed727c204df1dd4.png

... and @JamesB, truly enjoy your AAR each game, one of the game day features I look for ... along with @Dr. Crossbar State of the Union by Peter Griffin.

I'm sad no mention of me 😞. I am the glue that keeps CFF together! lol

• Haha 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Of the 3 opponents we might face, LA is the one I worry about the most. We have winning records against the Preds and Knights. The Kings have that boring 1-3-1 system that we can’t seem to break. 

Let’s not win this conference. Rest the top guys and finish the season without risk to injury to our top guns and avoid the Kings.

• Wiener 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

Best part of last night's game was Hronek telling the Flames bench that they've got holidays coming up and that he feels sorry for them....That's some Grade "A" chirping. :classic_laugh:

Miller's snipe was nice too, but 2nd place IMHO, goes to Garland and his David vs. Goliath wrestling match with Klapka. (BTW, when DT said Garly is listed at 5' 10" I almost spit out my beer. Maybe on skates....:classic_rolleyes: )

Yeah, Garland said a junior team let him pad his stats and listed him at 5'10 and it has just stuck. He said he's closer to "5'8 on a good day"

• Cheers 1

So, based on the post-game with Tocchet and how he answered the next game/conference question, it's clear he's thinking about resting some guys and wanted to take it to the group. He didn't immediately answer the question directly. This next game isn't meaningless but it's also important to rest guys that need it. So, they'll discuss it as a group, which is the right thing to do. They are in control of their destiny.

Demko I'm sure would want and welcome the game minutes to prepare.

2 hours ago, Rocket-68 said:

^^^^^^^^ This

Last year is a cautionary tale as everyone and their dog's best friend were slotting in the Bruins as the Stanley Cup winners with about 10 games yet to play in the season. Africa was awash with Bruins 2023 Champs T-Shirts by the second round. Below is a representative example of what the Bookies Are Saying although I might caution that odds are swayed a bit on where the money is flowing, but still, no one is putting our Beloved Canucks into the upper echelon of "They Have a Realistic Chance" group - Boston says hello from last year. 

PROVE THEM WRONG CANUCKS, PROVE THEM WRONG!

image.png.c5644be1cc92fc392ed727c204df1dd4.png

... and @JamesB, truly enjoy your AAR each game, one of the game day features I look for ... along with @Dr. Crossbar State of the Union by Peter Griffin.

You are right that the Canucks are not in the top echelon of the betting odds favorites. I think the Canucks are not getting the respect they deserve, although I can understand it given the record of the past decade.

The Canucks could lose in the first round, but it would not be a big surprise if they win a round or even two. And of course we are hoping they can go all the way.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • chaos 1

I would rest players with injuries that would benefit from resting one game.  Fatigue won’t be much of a factor since I think playoffs don’t start till next Monday or Tuesday.  I would also instruct the players to skate and play hard but try not to block too many shots or put yourself in a position where there is an increased risk of injury.  

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

109 points. Some posters were saying, at the start of the season, we were an 88-92 point bubble playoff team. Where are these morans now? MORANS!!! 

You earned the right to call them out...

not sure I expected us to do this well, but really happy they did. 
lets hope the 1st we sent to Calgary will be a very very late one as well... 😊

• Cheers 1

15 minutes ago, JamesB said:

You are right that the Canucks are not in the top echelon of the betting odds favorites. I think the Canucks are not getting the respect they deserve, although I can understand it given the record of the past decade.

The Canucks could lose in the first round, but it would not be a big surprise if they win a round or even two. And of course we are hoping they can go all the way.

I wonder how different that would be if they didn't stall so much after the ASG. Still a good 1st period team, it seems to be forever since they scored early, consistently.

Sure hope they have something special to bring next week :towel:

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Just listening to Donnie and Dhali.  Apparently if it is Van vs Nash in the first round the series will start on Sunday instead of Monday or Tuesday 

Oh man, they're screwing with the schedule already???

4 games start on day 1,  the other 4 on game 2, repeating alternate days. Make it so!  Don't need the BS NBC forced on us trying to get big-market teams playing on specific days of the week.

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

The thing about travel is not so much the distance, it's crossing times zones. That's why the first round is a bit of a "glass half full" situation. On the one hand, it seems like we match up better against the Preds, but it's crossing two time zones. (It's also twice the flight time, compared to LA)

LA seems like a tougher opponent, based on the season series, but we'd be in the Pacific time zone the entire time. That could mean something, considering Winnipeg, Colorado, Edmonton and Vegas will likely be doing exactly that.

In the end, I think you stop worrying about who you might face and deal with whoever it is.

My personal opinion is that the whole time zone thing is overrated. I've travelled a lot for business across the continent. It only really affects you in the morning and maybe a bit of a 3 PM wall. In the evening you are actually in good shape - it's the afternoon time on your biological clock. Plus, both teams are in the same condition.

In 2011 it didn't hurt us in the second round and didn't hinder our play in WCF against the Sharks either.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Googlie said:

I haven't seen it reported, but Silovs must be back in Abby.  He was an emergency callup, and the emergency disappeared as soon as Demko was declared fit to play.

And as far as stacking tomorrow's line up with callups, don't forget that the baby Canucks are in a fight for playoff seeding with Friday and Saturday games against the Calgary Wranglers.  I don't see any callups happening. Maybe Aman, PDG, Friedman and Juulsen get a game to rest anyone banged up (eg, if Hronek indeed has an elbow problem, give him that extra couple of days by inserting Juulsen with Huggy.  Similarly Friedman could spell off Cole for some R & R for the latter.  Too, I'd sit Boeser and Suter, both of whom have been wrestling with recent nagging stuff, to give them a couple of free days to get over whatever ails them

You are right.  According to CapFriendly, Silovs was sent down on the 16th.

11 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

Just listening to Donnie and Dhali.  Apparently if it is Van vs Nash in the first round the series will start on Sunday instead of Monday or Tuesday 

so Nashville gets 5 days of rest and we get 2. great

I’d like to see a week min for all teams to recover and heal before the first round. The quality would be better and keep more players in the game especially by the later rounds. I’d be willing to cut into June an extra week as a fan

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BCNate said:

Game 1 and 7 guaranteed in the WCF are not meaningless bragging rights.  The West is a bloodbath, we need any advantage that we can get, and that is a potentially huge one.

Come Tuesday we will have played 2 games in 10 days, not sure Fatique is going to be an issue.  

If guys are banged up, you obviously sit them, but otherwise tomorrows game is a big one if we can get the #1 seed.

Also, I want the Flames pick to be as low as possible out of spite.

We don't need to worry about that, it will be 32nd anyway 🙂 

54 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

Of the 3 opponents we might face, LA is the one I worry about the most. We have winning records against the Preds and Knights. The Kings have that boring 1-3-1 system that we can’t seem to break. 

Let’s not win this conference. Rest the top guys and finish the season without risk to injury to our top guns and avoid the Kings.

Keeping in mind, the biggest difference in the LA season series is that the Kings scored first goal of the game 4 times and they would stay in that system and we seems to struggle with.  If we scored first, and it would force the LA to open up their game if they get desperate and we can exploit their frustration.   Once that happens and confidence will come back.   Special team will be the huge key.  What LA will not do is score goals at will and we will stay in game more than Vegas and Nashville is like a wild card because we owned them before they got hot and things could easily change.  It has been like 4 months since we played against them and they could easily have their number in the playoffs.   Playoffs is a different beast so we just go for the conference if Dallas lose tonight.  We cannot pass up this opportunity to stay in the same time zone in the playoffs for first 4 weeks.  The biggest difference in Nashville is that we might start late in 8:30pm local time which might be reasonable for us, with 6:30pm PT start has been the case in the past playoffs for first two rounds.  I do not think we change too much of how we operates in the time zone though.