[PGT] Lames @ Canucks April 16th.

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

so Nashville gets 5 days of rest and we get 2. great

I’d like to see a week min for all teams to recover and heal before the first round. The quality would be better and keep more players in the game especially by the later rounds. I’d be willing to cut into June an extra week as a fan

Only a theme for fans and never for the players.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Honkin Hronek said:

Seen him on person, he's about 5'7 😛

Start carrying a tape measure, we need answers... get Podkolzin too while you're at it.👍

Edited by Chickenspear

5 hours ago, HKSR said:

Makes a huge difference when that pair can play 23 to 24min a night.  Takes minutes away from the bottom 2 pairs which in turn has them playing better.

Yep and when your bottom six can play middle pairing minutes well, it makes it all the easier.    It's not like Lidstrom, Al Mac,  Pronger, Niedermayer playing 28-30 minutes a night either. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, MattJVD said:

"5'8 on a good day" is usually what 5'7 people say, so that checks out hahaha

Mike Vernon was listed as 5"9" in his playing days, admitted after he's only 5'7".   Bieksa was in a fight his first year and the "Tale of the Tape" had him 6'4" and 225lbs" lol, about as big as he played, but i'm not even sure he's 6'.   Seeing him up close, he's not a big guy.    Juice'd and all.  A lot of these guys look small in real life.     Kesler looked smaller too.   Burrows about what you'd expect not big like Pearson.   Not many of these guys look or really are that big anymore.   Giants like Myers, Soucy,   Zadarov now they look big, as does Demko, who's Linden sized.   These guys rarely meet expectations, and the ones that do, are larger than life.   

Edited by IBatch

3 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Really curious to know who the segment of the fan base are that would buy the “clinched” and the “division champs” shirts. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RomanPer said:

My personal opinion is that the whole time zone thing is overrated. I've travelled a lot for business across the continent. It only really affects you in the morning and maybe a bit of a 3 PM wall. In the evening you are actually in good shape - it's the afternoon time on your biological clock. Plus, both teams are in the same condition.

In 2011 it didn't hurt us in the second round and didn't hinder our play in WCF against the Sharks either.

It's not a huge issue in this era of "sleep consultants", etc, but it's also not nothing. In the playoffs, you want every edge you can get. I'd argue that in 2011, the Canucks' opponents got more and more physical as the playoffs went on. By the time the got to the Bruins, the only core forward who wasn't playing through an injury was (ironically) Daniel.

Did the travel to Chicago and then Nashville have anything to do with it? Hard to say, but it's possible.

In the end, I tend to agree. A team would have to be extremely lucky (or the Rangers) to spend the entire playoffs in their own time zone, which is why I'm of the opinion that you just play the team in front of you and don't worry too much about the other stuff. Every matchup is going to be tough....

• Like 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Really curious to know who the segment of the fan base are that would buy the “clinched” and the “division champs” shirts. 😂

Hey, if they win the cup this yr, I would buy all the celebratory merch along the way.  

In 2011 SCF, I passed on getting the Western conference champs hat and shirt.  Later on when I wanted it after the loss, they were all sold out.  

• Like 1

Great win last night! Most points have been well covered, so I won't repeat. What struck me though were the after game interviews. In almost every case the players said they were looking forward to having fun games next week. This is excellent if it means the squeezed sticks will be relaxed a bit.  And it will certainly a lot of fun for us fans!!