[PGT] Lames @ Canucks April 16th.

1 minute ago, grumpyone said:

343434408_610167734116009_2540784183030170221_n.jpg

interesting calgary tidbit: the saddledome wasn't designed specifically to look like a saddle, despite the obvious country western symbolism. it was an "inverted hyperbolic paraboloid" and when they were taking naming ideas through newspaper submissions, a huge number of them included "saddle" in some form so they went with that. 

59 minutes ago, Guadeloupe Jones said:

The narrative about wanting one team over another to me is weak.  That’s not an abundance mentality. 

If you want to win a cup you beat whoever you play.  Be careful what you wish for with y’all wanting Nashville.  

-Guadeloupe Jones 

Only fans think that way, imo.  Players and coaches definitely have preferences 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

As far as resting guys goes, I guess it somewhat depends on what happens between the Stars and Blues. If Dallas loses in regulation, do we go for first in the West? I think you have to at least try....

OTOH, if the Stars pick up at least a point, I probably leave some of the boys at home. PDG and Aman draw in, and Juuls and maybe even Friedman make to trip as well.

I think you leave Petey's line intact, because it looked like they were starting to build some chemistry. I'd probably leave Miller and Boeser home. On D, Huggy and Hronek get the night off.

I'm not sure if we can just call Silovs back up, though. Demmer might have to make the trip , regardless. I think you ask him how much he wants to play, if at all. Maybe he and Casey split the time....

Not sure why everyone is suggesting Demmer not play Thursday? The guy has played 1 game now in what, 6 weeks, and has 4 days until POs. I’m sure he’s itching to play and get one last game under his belt before the show.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Guadeloupe Jones said:

The narrative about wanting one team over another to me is weak.  That’s not an abundance mentality. 

If you want to win a cup you beat whoever you play.  Be careful what you wish for with y’all wanting Nashville.  

-Guadeloupe Jones 

I don’t think any fans are under the impression that Nashville is an easy matchup, in fact it’s been quite the opposite.

Most fans don’t wanna play LA because they take all of the skill out of the game and it would be quite a boring series.

Vegas is a 100 million dollar team that is magically gonna be healthy at the right time and you know they’re gonna get favours from the league. I have no interest in watching a crooked series.

I just want fair exciting hockey and I don’t see how you get that out of those other two matchups.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Is this serious? It’s a big Stetson? Why not a giant cowpie? 

I've got some bigfoot and alien autopsy footage you absolutely have to see.  

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

A bit unfair in terms of rest days compared with Nashville 

yeah, unfair for nashville.  

no team wants a week of idle time going into round 1. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I'm conditioned to complain about anything the league does 

its a persecution complex you share with a huge swath of this fanbase. 

“Matthews fails to score 70 goals” 

headline on Sportsnet 

Hilarious, the dude score 69 fkin goals give me a break. “Failed” lol

just thought that was funny

Now back to hatin the leafs. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devron said:

“Matthews fails to score 70 goals” 

headline on Sportsnet 

Hilarious, the dude score 69 fkin goals give me a break. “Failed” lol

just thought that was funny

Now back to hatin the leafs.