[PGT] Lames @ Canucks April 16th.

22 hours ago, Alflives said:

109 points. Some posters were saying, at the start of the season, we were an 88-92 point bubble playoff team. Where are these morans now? MORANS!!! 

Lol

We are a wild card team. All hail the Oilers and Mcdavid!!! 

Now that's a team.... 

That we swept 😂

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, IBatch said:

Yes looking into it can't find anything saying a team needs to ice the cap floor.    A few times teams have iced well under the cap, injury related.   Still don't think they need to risk the remaining players,  by resting half the roster.   

Edit:  Anyone who's been playing with something, likely will get the day off.    I'm sure WNP will do the same.    If they don't go with Demko, then consider playing Silvos,  and giving EP and QHs the night off, Hronek too.   Juulsen im sure will get a game in.    

Ya, one would assume there are a handful of guys nursing ailments that could use a night off after a long season.

That and making sure no one gets hurt.  At least the game is against another playoff team, so there aren’t likely to be a lot of shenanigans as neither team wants to mess up their roster.

Getting a little playing time for guys who have been in the press box a while is also good as they will almost certainly be needed if the team goes on a run.

22 hours ago, HKSR said:

Top 6 forward.  30 to 35 goals and 55 to 65 points.  Maybe pushing 70 points in his career year.

could be, but thats in 5 years time from now that he will be in his prime....his next 2-3 years will be crucial for his development. time will tell. im expecting more from podz as a comparrisson, though theres still untapped potential there. 

7 hours ago, Gawdzukes said:

You're the most brilliant person alive.

Great job!

were not worthy waynes world GIF

To be fair, you and @stawns were predicting something that had a super low probability of happening that would be a disaster for the canucks while great for a hated division rival. 

Doing this on a Canuck forum means you probably deserve the flack you are getting. 

24 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

To be fair, you and @stawns were predicting something that had a super low probability of happening that would be a disaster for the canucks while great for a hated division rival. 

Doing this on a Canuck forum means you probably deserve the flack you are getting. 

Super low probability, yet it came down to one point.  I'd say I almost nailed it on the head way back in December when most people were saying the oilers were trash and were probably going to miss the playoffs.  I was a lot closer to reality than any of those people

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, stawns said:

Super low probability, yet it came down to one point.  I'd say I almost nailed it on the head way back in December when most people were saying the oilers were trash and were probably going to miss the playoffs.  I was a lot closer to reality than any of those people

Actually you predicted the canucks to lose the division title to Edmonton. You also said it'd be within a couple of points.

I agreed that it might come down to a couple of points. But I also stressed the trend was for the canucks to win and not the other way around. In an essence, that's a 4 point swing. 

In this case, canucks are up by 5 points with the tiebreaker so it's more like a 6 pt swing... 

You're actually pretty far off

Edited by CanucksJay

1 minute ago, CanucksJay said:

Actually you predicted the canucks to lose the division title to Edmonton. You also said it'd be within a couple of points.

I agreed that it might come down to a couple of points. But I also stressed the trend was for the canucks to win and not the other way around. In an essence, that's a 4 point swing. 

In this case, canucks are up by 5 points with the tiebreaker so it's more like a 6 pt swing... 

You're actually pretty far off

And if say I was pretty damn close to being right.  A lot closer than all the people who villified me for it.  It literally came down to one game.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

And if say I was pretty damn close to being right.  A lot closer than all the people who villified me for it.  It literally came down to one game.

The point you've missed is a lot of people won't be a cheerleader for other teams and it's fun to trash those teams .It doesn't matter if they are good or not, most of us here aren't  interested in tickling McDavids balls.

Edited by Bob Long
  • Haha 3

Just now, stawns said:

It always came down to probabilities. 

It was highly improbable that the oilers would play at their January pace for the rest of the season

You also called the canucks a wild card team... 

You are so far off lol

At every point we looked, as well as the oilers were playing, all trends showed they would still fall short. We had a couple of tough patches but when breaking the season down to 20 game segments, we were pretty darn good that it was highly improbable for the Oilers to catch us yet there you were convinced you were right... 

It didn't come down to one game... 

Pretty sure closest it got was 3 pts

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The point you've missed is a lot of people won't be a cheerleader for other teams and it's fun to trash those teams .It doesn't matter if they are good or not, most of us here aren't  interested in tickling McDavids balls.

Cut the shit, no one was being a cheerleader for any other team.  It is possible to talk objectively about hockey here, despite the group circle jerk.  

That's a you problem, not a me problem.  

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

It always came down to probabilities. 

It was highly improbable that the oilers would play at their January pace for the rest of the season

You also called the canucks a wild card team... 

You are so far off lol

At every point we looked, as well as the oilers were playing, all trends showed they would still fall short. We had a couple of tough patches but when breaking the season down to 20 game segments, we were pretty darn good that it was highly improbable for the Oilers to catch us yet there you were convinced you were right... 

It didn't come down to one game... 

Pretty sure closest it got was 3 pts

Yet, it still came down to one game.  The oilers were probably the best team from December on, so I'd say i was pretty bang on

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Provost said:

Ya, one would assume there are a handful of guys nursing ailments that could use a night off after a long season.

That and making sure no one gets hurt.  At least the game is against another playoff team, so there aren’t likely to be a lot of shenanigans as neither team wants to mess up their roster.

Getting a little playing time for guys who have been in the press box a while is also good as they will almost certainly be needed if the team goes on a run.

Yeah now would be a nice time to play Juulsen, digiuseppi, aman and an 8D like Friedman. 

Just now, stawns said:

Yet, it still came down to one game.  The oilers were probably the best team from December on, so I'd say i was pretty bang on

Actually I was bang on. 

I said it might come down to a couple points but canucks will win the division and all trends show oilers will not be able to catch the Canucks. 

It actually doesn't get any more right than that... 

Except maybe the guy who predicted we'd beat oilers by 5 pts not a couple. 

You were completely off. You picked the wrong division champs.... On a canucks forum... 

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

Cut the shit, no one was being a cheerleader for any other team.  It is possible to talk objectively about hockey here, despite the group circle jerk.  

That's a you problem, not a me problem.  

I dunno... Sometimes I sensed your need to be right was more important than cheering for the canucks... 

That's a you problem

Especially when you ended up being dead wrong. 

Sometimes you just gotta laugh and say you messed up. It was idiotic to think the oilers would catch the Canucks. 

To spew this on a Canucks forum though is even more idiotic... 

• ThereItIs 3

16 hours ago, Trebreh said:

listen to how salty these cowgary radio guys are a day later. 

at the 12 min mark.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/big-show/recapping-the-final-flames-road-game-the-rose-report/

you can feel the inferiority complex they have and flame fans listen to these people on the radio lol. 

we're so blessed to have the guys at 650/Donnie&Dhali after listening to calgary radio. 

The guy was pissed we put out our top power play at the end of a 4 - 1 game. 

Pretty sure it was for the Norris, not to rub anything in. 

And the Hronek "chirp" was a heads-up about the optics of pushing the rough stuff, not to humiliate them (mostly). 

Edited by Inkidu
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Inkidu said:

The guy was pissed we put out our top power play at the end of a 4 - 1 game. 

Pretty sure it was for the Norris, not to rub anything in. 

And the Hronek "chirp" was a heads-up about the optics of pushing the rough stuff, not to humiliate them (mostly). 

maybe if that pos Andersson didn't headlock Hog and slammed him onto the ice, Tocc wouldn't have put our top unit out.

On 4/18/2024 at 8:01 AM, CanucksJay said:

I wasn't predicting anything. Just explaining how competent people approach these situations. You were over confidently screaming the season was wrapped up for a month and a half while throwing insults and condemnation at anyone daring to caution against it. In the end it came down to to an absolutely nail biting last 2 games of the season and as we all saw it was no where near wrapped up. I know who the more intelligent hockey fan is. It's not the guy who lost a boatload on us making the playoffs in 2021 or 2022. 😂 

image.thumb.png.fc79008212fe1ea4757e0866a540ceb2.png

image.png

Like @stawns said. It is possible to be a Canucks fan while still being objective about the realities of the game.

Similar to the unbelievably silly group of posters that decided they would just throw games in hand out the window this year after the entire sporting world has been using that as a common sense understanding for 50 plus years now. :picard: Absolutely hilarious how fragile and unknowledgeable some folks are.

Edited by Gawdzukes
  • Vintage 1

22 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

I wasn't predicting anything. Just explaining how competent people approach these situations. You were over confidently screaming the season was wrapped up for a month and a half while throwing insults and condemnation at anyone daring to caution against it. In the end it came down to to an absolutely nail biting last 2 games of the season and as we all saw it was no where near wrapped up. I know who the more intelligent hockey fan is. It's not the guy who lost a boatload on us making the playoffs in 2021 or 2022. 😂 

image.thumb.png.fc79008212fe1ea4757e0866a540ceb2.png

image.png

Like @stawns said. It is possible to be a Canucks fan while still being objective about the realities of the game.

Similar to the unbelievably silly group of posters that decided they would just throw games in hand out the window this year after the entire sporting world has been using that as a common sense understanding for 50 plus years now. :picard: Absolutely hilarious how fragile and unknowledgeable some folks are.

Sad part is:

if Edmonton had claimed the division title, and it was damn close; you, @stawns, and a few others would get vilified as 'sore winners' if you dared to point out that you had ended up being right.

They were massively behind and got  damn close. 

• Vintage 1

5 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Sad part is:

if Edmonton had claimed the division title, and it was damn close; you, @stawns, and a few others would get vilified as 'sore winners' if you dared to point out that you had ended up being right.

It's hard to have legitimate discussions here, to be honest.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Sad part is:

Haha, yeah it's apples and oranges with some posters approaches here. I've played in over 100 competitive seasons of sports. I don't get overly emotionally involved anymore or care as much about some as, "being right". As the great Jared McCann says, "it is what is".

This was a classic chase for the ages and an honest person should have no trouble admitting that. I'm super happy we finished it out, and the boys deserved it, but it was definitely not money in the bank as some claimed and were visibly threatened by any other possibility.

For myself the important part is not in picking who would be the winner but more so realizing that the lead wasn't as big as it looked. That's the intelligent piece of info.

47 minutes ago, stawns said:

It's hard to have legitimate discussions here, to be honest.  

So true. The sad part is some of us are just trying to have honest and relevant hockey conversations. Others are threatened because we're not childishly bashing all the other teams and their good players while gushing all over the Canucks like 12 year school girls. And then to turn that around and insinuate you're not a fan as a result? Sheesh.

• Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Haha, yeah it's apples and oranges with some posters approaches here. I've played in over 100 competitive seasons of sports. I don't get overly emotionally involved anymore or care as much about some as, "being right". As the great Jared McCann says, "it is what is".

This was a classic chase for the ages and an honest person should have no trouble admitting that. I'm super happy we finished it out, and the boys deserved it, but it was definitely not money in the bank as some claimed and were visibly threatened by any other possibility.

For myself the important part is not in picking who would be the winner but more so realizing that the lead wasn't as big as it looked. That's the intelligent piece of info.

So true. The sad part is some of us are just trying to have honest and relevant hockey conversations. Others are threatened because we're not childishly bashing all the other teams and their good players while gushing all over the Canucks like 12 year school girls. And then to turn that around and insinuate you're not a fan as a result? Sheesh.

I think the difference is growing up as a fan of hockey as opposed to being a fan of the Canucks