[GDT] Thursday April 18, 2024 5:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets in Canada Life Centre

Goal_thecup

3 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wonder if Gary is going to want to call it quits?

5 of the 8 Canadian teams are in the playoffs.

His beloved Arizona experiment has met with failure.

End the season with a win guys. And don't get hurt!

and yet the league is establishing attendance and revenue records. 

I think gary is going to be just fine. 

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

Trotz based teams are always so well coached and have tight defensive systems - JT Huggy and others will probably have constant checkers on them - I think another key will be our secondary scoring especially from the 3rd-4th lines.  Hopefully Laffy, PDG, Podz can chip in a few goals in this series which will help immensely.  Should help them also if there is more 5-5 play.

The wild card will be Petey though - somewhat quiet second half of the year - he can be dominant at times but needs to use everyone around him - possibly do a few different things.  Hopefully he comes on in this series.

Great to have playoff hockey return here - just do their best and see where this goes.  GCG

justwin.jpg

Interesting and what do you make of Andrew Brunette coached teams, I doubt Trotz is going to fire him and take over coaching at this point. 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

Everytime i read "Canada life centre", I think it's some lab designed to grow embryos and clones of hockey babies. 

Go nucks go

I will take another QH, 3 Dakota Joshua’s and better keep a few extra Demkos around. 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Wonder who will dress tonight.   For both teams.   We should get some rest before game one ... WNP last home game, so kind of expect they'd want to put on a bit of a show. 

5 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wonder if Gary is going to want to call it quits?

5 of the 8 Canadian teams are in the playoffs.

His beloved Arizona experiment has met with failure.

End the season with a win guys. And don't get hurt!

God forbid they moved it to Quebec City instead.   Wouldn't want to re-ignite one of the best rivalries in the history of pro sports because that doesn't make money right?   

Gary's obsession to expand the league changed the product.    Ran out of skilled players from all over the world.    At least scoring has finally returned to normal levels minus Gretzky and Mario, caught up to expansion, plus the games designed to boost production, and has been since the lockout.    Took some time for old ways to dissipate but it did.   

End rant.   As a fan have a cap.   If they expand past 40 teams going to hang them up.   It's already ridiculous fans a shot once a decade on average, to have a team that has a shot.   And as Burke recently said, the cup hasn't been in Canada, because of the unfair tax brackets.   According to him,  player's  with a 7 team no trade list, pencils in the Canadian teams.   Suggest's what i've been on for a decade or so now, do it all based on net pay.   So it's a fair market.   We all pay a tariff North of the border.   It's a dirty little secret,  that's had limited air time.    We almost lost our team once.    If it comes down to 10 in each division ... yuck.   Brutal.    

Now for the game, we can beat these punks, and it will be interesting to see how we line up with them again.   WNP has the leagues current version of Patrick Roy in net.   They could win it all and nobody would be shocked.   We can win it all and nobody would be either.    It's OUR TIME!   GCG. 

• Cheers 2

10 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

Based on the recent responses, this is the worst GDT ever. 

You’re welcome. 

Actually, I gave it 5 stars 😉

Go Canucks GO!

• Like 2
  • Wiener 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

God forbid they moved it to Quebec City instead.   Wouldn't want to re-ignite one of the best rivalries in the history of pro sports because that doesn't make money right?   

Gary's obsession to expand the league changed the product.    Ran out of skilled players from all over the world.    At least scoring has finally returned to normal levels minus Gretzky and Mario, caught up to expansion, plus the games designed to boost production, and has been since the lockout.    Took some time for old ways to dissipate but it did.   

End rant.   As a fan have a cap.   If they expand past 40 teams going to hang them up.   It's already ridiculous fans a shot once a decade on average, to have a team that has a shot.   And as Burke recently said, the cup hasn't been in Canada, because of the unfair tax brackets.   According to him,  player's  with a 7 team no trade list, pencils in the Canadian teams.   Suggest's what i've been on for a decade or so now, do it all based on net pay.   So it's a fair market.   We all pay a tariff North of the border.   It's a dirty little secret,  that's had limited air time.    We almost lost our team once.    If it comes down to 10 in each division ... yuck.   Brutal.    

Now for the game, we can beat these punks, and it will be interesting to see how we line up with them again.   WNP has the leagues current version of Patrick Roy in net.   They could win it all and nobody would be shocked.   We can win it all and nobody would be either.    It's OUR TIME!   GCG. 

hot air.

the game and league are better than they ever have been, because of gary bettman, and the cup hasn't come back to canada because canadian teams have choked by going 0-6 in finals since '94. 

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1