[GDT] Thursday April 18, 2024 5:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets in Canada Life Centre

Goal_thecup

1 hour ago, The Brock Star said:

I’m guessing both teams rest their start players tonight. Expecting Huggy, Petey, and Miller to sit.

Maybe they all play.  Tocchet will just limit their mins. 

QH might want to scores some pts for the record. 

what's the info.... who holds the tie breaker between us and the jets?

if we lose in OT, we'll end up tied for points. 

I'm good with the Canucks facing Nashville. VAN has home-ice and the Preds are walking into a storm at Rogers, the fans will help carry the team to victory.

I hope EDM and VGK kick the crap out of each other over 7 games (if that's the matchup)

Get out those car flags!  I went to the CGY game the other night, driving in from New West and we saw only 1 other car with flags. That's terrible, where's the Playoffs spirit?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I am so ready for playoff hockey....get on with it already.

I don't care who plays who.....our team can beat anyone when they're "on". And they're getting their mojo back just at the right time.

LFG!!! 

No injuries today, please.

17 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

what's the info.... who holds the tie breaker between us and the jets?

if we lose in OT, we'll end up tied for points. 

Jets do.  Jets have one more regulation wins.  NHL #1, Nux #2.  An OTL for Nux will drop one position below the jets in standings 

• Tank 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Jets do.  Jets have one more regulation wins.  NHL #1, Nux #2.  An OTL for Nux will drop one position below the jets in standings 

tanks

• Tank 1

8 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Nashville may be undergunned on their roster but the one big advantage they do have is that they have a lot of playoff proven veterans that exceeds our team's experience.

Canucks going to have to stay composed, Nashville's special teams are strong and they have shown they can really strike quick. Im hopeful for a good series, but Nashville won't go down without a fight. They also acquired a lot of speed over the TDL and have a very physical team. Cole Smith, Mike McCarron, Mark Jankowski up front are punishing and have Luke Schenn and Jeremy Lauzon (who just set the NHL hit record in a seaosn with 383). I can see their physicality wear some of our more skilled players down.

All the more reason for Zadorav to put Forsberg through the boards. It will be important for our physical dmen to step up their physicality.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Nashville may be undergunned on their roster but the one big advantage they do have is that they have a lot of playoff proven veterans that exceeds our team's experience.

Canucks going to have to stay composed, Nashville's special teams are strong and they have shown they can really strike quick. Im hopeful for a good series, but Nashville won't go down without a fight. They also acquired a lot of speed over the TDL and have a very physical team. Cole Smith, Mike McCarron, Mark Jankowski up front are punishing and have Luke Schenn and Jeremy Lauzon (who just set the NHL hit record in a seaosn with 383). I can see their physicality wear some of our more skilled players down.

All the more reason for Zadorav to put Forsberg through the boards. It will be important for our physical dmen to step up their physicality.

11 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

Have back to back playoff games ever happened ?

I would guess yes but I never heard of this 

Nux vs Vegas in COVID cup, games 6 and 7 were back to back.   But no travel needed since it was in a bubble in Edmonton..

https://www.hockey-reference.com/playoffs/2020-vancouver-canucks-vs-vegas-golden-knights-western-second-round.html

Advantage to Vegas though, since they used two goalies and had a deeper and more physical team.  Marky got injured in game 4.  

Edited by Jaimito

9 hours ago, Devron said:

I once fucked a chicken 

image.png.b55c09d5f9a3493274da98ba30670852.png

WOW ... I must say, this is an admission I didn't think would ever see the light of day ... LOL

Back to our beloved Canucks:

Magic 8-Ball predicts a 4-2 win for the Canucks with Nashville winning game 5 in Vancouver to stave of elimination down 3-1 and we return the favor in their building for game 6.

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2