[GDT] Thursday April 18, 2024 5:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets in Canada Life Centre

Goal_thecup

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wonder if Gary is going to want to call it quits?

5 of the 8 Canadian teams are in the playoffs.

His beloved Arizona experiment has met with failure.

End the season with a win guys. And don't get hurt!

3 hours ago, tas said:

and yet the league is establishing attendance and revenue records. 

I think gary is going to be just fine. 

Yup. How is the league doing financially? Because that's all that matters to Gary keeping his job.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wonder if Gary is going to want to call it quits?

5 of the 8 Canadian teams are in the playoffs.

His beloved Arizona experiment has met with failure.

End the season with a win guys. And don't get hurt!

5 of 8?

25 minutes ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Canucks vs Nashville Playoff Rematch

I'm not big on the travel for this series, but of teams in the West, this is the one that I wanted us to play. They play a game closer to what we play.

• Cheers 2

45 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

I'm good with the Canucks facing Nashville. VAN has home-ice and the Preds are walking into a storm at Rogers, the fans will help carry the team to victory.

I hope EDM and VGK kick the crap out of each other over 7 games (if that's the matchup)

Get out those car flags!  I went to the CGY game the other night, driving in from New West and we saw only 1 other car with flags. That's terrible, where's the Playoffs spirit?

I fully expect this. I think there's a really strong chance Edmonton and Vegas go 7 games, especially if Stone is back.

• Like 2
  • chaos 1

8 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm not big on the travel for this series, but of teams in the West, this is the one that I wanted us to play. They play a game closer to what we play.

I agree on both points.

BTW - I just made a playoff matchup thread/poll since I noticed there wasn’t one yet. 

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1

59 minutes ago, grumpyone said:

what's the info.... who holds the tie breaker between us and the jets?

if we lose in OT, we'll end up tied for points. 

Jets, as they are the only team in the NHL with more RW than us.

54 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

With the way they travel and two days in between I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

Its even for both teams anyways.

I just hope we don’t see some ridiculous early games that the NHL seems to love now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1M is fair for both sides for Podz new deal, if he starts finding the net could still become a great 2nd line winger. Definitely a step or two behind what Hoglander is doing. But he doesn't look like he's outta the play anymore 

1 hour ago, VegasCanuck said:

I fully expect this. I think there's a really strong chance Edmonton and Vegas go 7 games, especially if Stone is back.

I think it's more likely that Vegas steamrolls the Oilers.  Edmonton's blueline is still nowhere close to NHL quality.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I think it's more likely that Vegas steamrolls the Oilers.  Edmonton's blueline is still nowhere close to NHL quality.

I think Vegas wins this series, but I think it's going to be a mixed bag every game on what you get. I think Edmonton will run away with a few games based on offense and then Vegas will run away with a couple because of defensive lapses by Oilers. Will be a fun series!

12 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

I'm a bit confused how is preds lock when Vegas has still 1 game to possibly pass the preds 

Nashville has the ROW tiebreaker between themselves, Vegas, and LA.

If LA wins, and Vegas loses in any way, then Vegas drops to WC2, because LA has the RW tiebreaker.

If Vegas wins, LA stays in WC2, because Nashville has more ROW.

Edited by Chickenspear

17 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

I'm a bit confused how is preds lock when Vegas has still 1 game to possibly pass the preds 

Because Vegas would take P3 and LA would tie Nashville in points if they won, but Nashville holds the tiebreaker

40 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

With the way they travel and two days in between I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.

Its even for both teams anyways.

I just hope we don’t see some ridiculous early games that the NHL seems to love now.

Fully expect, if they have a darling East team, in the final, that they will have early starts in Vancouver to "appease" their sleep deprivation. 

• Cheers 1