[GDT] Thursday April 18, 2024 5:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets in Canada Life Centre

Goal_thecup

1 minute ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Hate when they ''rest'' players,they always come out so rusty next game.

Except Sami Salo.  Every time he came back from injury, he didn't even miss a step once he was in the lineup.

13 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Except Sami Salo.  Every time he came back from injury, he didn't even miss a step once he was in the lineup.

Sami was one of the few still healthy after the 2011 finals, go figure. Was an awesome dman.

• Cheers 1

Can someone confirm: this game does matter in the sense if Vancouver and Winnipeg play in the conference finals the winner of this game will have home advantage (by virtue of having more points)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Rekker said:

Sami was one of the few still healthy after the 2011 finals, go figure. Was an awesome dman.

Absolutely loved him and will never forget the balls of steel chant he got against the Hawks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, grumpyone said:

sounds like major players being rested tonight

if I remember correctly:

JT, Boeser, Cole, Hronek all sitting with Demko in net. 

even more from the Jets watching from the upper deck. 

As per Don & Dhali; Brock didn’t make the trip as he is dealing with “something” .

so…the speculation that Petey is playing injured doesn’t jive.  He would have also sat tonight if that was the case. 

2 minutes ago, Redhdlois said:

As per Don & Dhali; Brock didn’t make the trip as he is dealing with “something” .

so…the speculation that Petey is playing injured doesn’t jive.  He would have also sat tonight if that was the case. 

Or perhaps some of it is misdirection on coaches part to mask who is and isn’t playing banged up

• ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

Can someone confirm: this game does matter in the sense if Vancouver and Winnipeg play in the conference finals the winner of this game will have home advantage (by virtue of having more points)

Correct !!

• ThereItIs 2

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Joshua is such a gem haha love how they included him in the photo opp for playoff ticket hype, i almost thought it was Bo actually had to zoom in

7064903E-F457-438A-82B9-03359FB377FF.png

I heard when he retires, he's lining up for a role in Invasion of the Body Snatchers

image.gif.8efe31be5d17bdfdcb9dc5a4fd2b3af1.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hogs and Podz said:

With his new contract done... And no pressure in this game.  I bet Podz will be Podzilla tonight!  Jumpstart his offensive, relentless, reckless abandon game.  Probably get two goals and a assist.  He'll be a monster out there!

He's playing well.

Edited by ronning4center

36 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Or perhaps some of it is misdirection on coaches part to mask who is and isn’t playing banged up

You're over thinking this.  Peteys confidence is the only thing injured.   If he was banged up at all he would not be making this trip.

2 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Joshua is such a gem haha love how they included him in the photo opp for playoff ticket hype, i almost thought it was Bo actually had to zoom in

7064903E-F457-438A-82B9-03359FB377FF.png

Kesler comments on Dhali and Donnie this morning ring true about needing hard nosed players to win a damn in the playoffs. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Joshua has a Bryan Bickell type of playoff performance, he’s got that dog in him.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Tony Romo said:

If we win this game, we get home ice advantage against everyone but Dallas and New York. I guess there is something to play for but at this point it’s better we come fully healthy and Demko gets some more playing time.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Odd. said:

Kesler comments on Dhali and Donnie this morning ring true about needing hard nosed players to win a damn in the playoffs. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if Joshua has a Bryan Bickell type of playoff performance, he’s got that dog in him.

Totally agree. We seem to have a lot of players this year that are now dark horses to overachieve in the post season.

cant wait for next week!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

Hate when they ''rest'' players,they always come out so rusty next game.

I don't like it either, they should keep the intensity up. That way they are ready for game 1.