[GDT] Thursday April 18, 2024 5:00pm PDT TV:SNP AM:650SNP Vancouver Canucks @ Winnipeg Jets in Canada Life Centre

Goal_thecup

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

You’re either trying to jinx the team or you just don’t watch other teams.

Nashville is very similar to us. They have elite goaltending, an elite puck mover, solid verteran D-men, a couple stars up front, and some good depth scoring.

Bad take which I don’t think many fans share.

Agreed. So many comments out there about how we’re going to crush them. We had 3 more wins than them over an 82 game season. Nashville is very even to us, and playoffs are so hard to predict. I’m ready to buckle in and cheer loud, but would not be cocky. We saw Leaf fans eat it against Florida last year.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 minute ago, Slegr said:

Agreed. So many comments out there about how we’re going to crush them. We had 3 more wins than them over an 82 game season. Nashville is very even to us, and playoffs are so hard to predict. I’m ready to buckle in and cheer loud, but would not be cocky. We saw Leaf fans eat it against Florida last year.

Yep last thing we need is the media parroting cocky Canucks fans and giving the Preds bulletin board material.

3 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Everybody has been playing us like we're number one since the all star break. Nobody has taken a game off against us. Looking back, I think now that was a good thing. Teams have hated us all year. So we're ready to be challenged as per usual. 

Tocchet has them ready, meet pressure with pressure.  

Our stars will be ready, but some of our secondary scorers are going to need to step up. We'll need everyone. 

I'm really glad we got 3 goaltenders. 

My son and I have been talking about this recently too. It always seems like other teams play better against the Canucks for one reason or another. The best teams, the worst teams... then they go lose to whomever next game. Hopefully what we've seen so far this season is close to teams' ceilings.

• Cheers 2

Those Preds colours are such barf orange. I had originally wanted black skate for playoff jerseys, but now thinking we’d clash too much with those gross things. And then especially if we met Vegas in round 2 or 3.

Edited by Slegr

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

Utah Sinners sodomized the oils. 

a0h7sAqON67nO.gif&ehk=wDkfmL%2BB8gDENrqM

I am very happy with this result as no matter what anyone says *cough* Oiler fans on this forum, the Oilers did not come to this game with a "Who Cares" attitude ... they wanted to win. The Canucks will show up tomorrow to play as well. Why, to measure up against a team that is on a 7 game win streak, stop the streak, enter the playoffs hot, are professionals, etc.

I am betting the Canucks (1) win the second round, (2) win the conference and (3) win the Cup ... why, because I am a fan and this is a very evenly matched group of teams. We aren't in the salad days of the 80's Oilers or the mid-70's with Le Habs. Putting all the teams on a heat map and every team will have strengths and weaknesses. Any team could get on a heater and win the Cup - even Ovi and the Caps if  Lindgren turns in a 2011 Tim Thomas performance and Ovi brings up for one more curtain call the 2018 version. 

Still, I am cheering on the Canucks to win R1, R2, R3 and R4 ... all the way boys, I KNOW you can do it. 

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

6 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Insult me. That’s fine. 

This is your chance. No issues. 

You are a god fearing Mormon.

You actually want to go on a holiday so your can preach the word of your god door to door.

I pity those people on the Island.

• Haha 4