Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

5 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Well, to be fair, it is a ...

Big game, huge game.

Sure hope it's like this throughout the playoffs. Season 3 Nbc GIF by The Office

In other words in the end we win.   Truly don't see why we can't win without a little luck.   We beat every good team in this league this year. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, madrigal77 said:

That Edmonton LA lineup is absolutely brutal lol. 

Really hoping none of those dirtbags advance to the second round.  Not a single one of them is capable of conducting themselves like professionals.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pears said:

Lowkey hate it because the last time they predicted Vancouver-Boston is happened 🫣

If we lost to Boston in the final again that might honestly break my hockey fandom 

• chaos 1

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

Lowkey hate it because the last time they predicted Vancouver-Boston is happened 🫣

When we played NYR in the regular season in 1994, things got really testy, and Quin and Keenan got into a screaming match, and players were trying to spear each other over the glass.   The announcers said "wouldn't it be great if they saw each other in the playoffs?!!"  and a little later " Keenan  better be careful or Quin  is likely to throw him into the rafters!!"   Probably the best pre-cognitive moment in club history.   Paraphrased.   Turned out we did.

On that fuck Boston.   And NYR to a lesser degree. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Really hoping none of those dirtbags advance to the second round.  Not a single one of them is capable of conducting themselves like professionals.

Lady Byng guys don't often finish first.   Like where you're going with this though.   We are the only club that should be allowed to do cheap stuff. 

Edited by IBatch

5 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Lady Byng guys don't often finish first.   Like where you're going with this though.   We are the only club that should be allowed to do cheap stuff. 

Referring to the pieces of trash that Sportsnet will be paying to disgrace the country in the Edmonton-LA series, not the players.  It's not unreasonable to expect the announcers to conduct themselves appropriately.

• Upvote 1

1994 was heart-breaking.. but every BC'er was so damned proud of the club, throughout spring & afterwards. Following a mediocre reg season, that PO's started with mere hopes.

2011 was a different kettle of fish. Great effort still, but league officials & eastern media were nauseating ..bloody well shamelessly corrupt. At any rate, that whole PO's ran not on hope, but expectations. There was a high bar pretty much from Oct on.

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I believe there have only been 4 guys who have won it in the salary cap era that are not also Stanley Cup winners.

I understand the sentiment however.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Baratheon said:

I believe there have only been 4 guys who have won it in the salary cap era that are not also Stanley Cup winners.

I understand the sentiment however.

Was been a little sarcastic.   Don't have any issue with the Lady Byng, some of my favourite players have won it. 

• Cheers 1

What a treat to have Shorty et all call our games, the bar is set so low these days on what passes for impartial broadcasting. Even my wife notices the homersim. 

Edited by Rekker