Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

Canucks should win this series in 6 games. The roster has enough CUP veterans that should condition the rest of the team. Besides that the coaching staff is full of Cup vets. Canucks will be well prepared. I expect great goal tending, solid d-side play and a breakout by the offense that has been treading water for awhile. 

21 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Ready to pounce and prove themselves "right". Even if it's at the expense of the team. 

I get having different opinions but at some point do they buy in with this team? Or do they just go with the odds where one team out of 32 wins?

I don't think they'll ever buy in with the team

1 hour ago, Jaimito said:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/sportsnet-nhl-insiders-2024-stanley-cup-playoffs-predictions/

Jeff Marek: Canucks in 6

David Amber: Canucks in 6

Christine Simpson: Canucks in 5

Caroline Cameron: Canucks in 6

Justin Bourne: Canucks in 6

Nick Kypreos: Predators in 7

Luke Fox: Canucks in 6

Mark Spector: Predators in 7

Iain MacIntyre: Canucks in 7

Sam Cosentino: Predators in 6

Jamal Mayers: Canucks in 6

Eric Engels: Canucks in 7

Jason Bukala: Canucks in 6

Ryan Dixon: Canucks in 7

Wayne Scanlan: Canucks in 6

Sonny Sachdeva: Canucks in 7

Rory Boylen: Canucks in 6

https://www.dailyfaceoff.com/news/2024-stanley-cup-playoffs-round-1-series-picks

DFO-FirstRoundPredictions__2-1024x576.pn

Kypreos, Spector, Cosentino, and Larkin can all suck it! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, greenbean30 said:

Yeah, even if the Oilers get knocked out in the first round by the Kings, we will get Singh and Debrusk for round 2. Singh and Debrusk is one of the national broadcast play by play teams, where Shorty and Tomlinson are regional.

The only reason Shorty is calling the first round is Sportsnet doesn't have enough national broadcasting teams to cover all 4 Canadian teams in the first round.

I wonder if the management group at sportnet and HNIC indeed have ears if they think Singh is a better play by play guy than Shorthouse.  It is baffling.  Half the time Singh is telling stories like he is talking to his grandkids while exciting action is happening.

4 hours ago, spook007 said:

They'll come out soon enough...

question is, if we get past Nashville, will they understand its a success for the team, or will the bemoan not tanking...

Personally I'm just happy the boys gets some play off reps... My target has already been reached. Anything from here on in is gravy.....

I'm so pumped....

I agree with this. I feel the same. We are lucky to even be watching our team in the playoffs. Let’s not let regular season success go to our heads. And enjoy this ride without being to attached to the idea of a long run.  Go Canucks go 

• Like 1

Reading up on all the playoff buzz pieces and the pundits have no real pulse on what the Canucks are all about.  Kind of an afterthought, really,  

I kind of get it as we’re mostly untested. I think we’re favourites over the Predators but virtually unmentioned to win the conference. 

Given where we’ve come from, I think fans would be happy with winning a series - but there’s no way the team would be satisfied with that.

This just seems like a very playoff-built roster and if we catch some confidence and good goaltending I don’t see why not?

• Vintage 2
  • ThereItIs 1

On 4/19/2024 at 9:50 AM, greenbean30 said:

While I do agree, I hate when the Leafs and Habs are in town and there are so many of their fans in the arena.

There is a difference with our situation and you can't really stop it.

The fans of the Leafs and Habs are mostly locals to BC, so they get one chance to see their team play live a year unless they fly somewhere else. There's no way to stop fans from other teams going to the game unless it's by location. Sure you could say you can only buy tickets if you live in BC, but that's shitty for people who make a trip to Vancouver from Europe, or other parts of the country who want to watch their team play while they visit the city. And it really wouldn't stop the fans from other teams from being in the arena, since I bet most of them live in BC and will still buy tickets.

Agreed. My son and I are flying in from Alberta on Sunday for the Tuesday game, wouldn’t be doing that if I couldn’t get tickets. 

5 hours ago, IBatch said:

Feel the same.   They've proven they have it in them to be a great team.    Not just this year, but also during the Bruce bump and for the core and Myers, in the bubble too.   They worked hard to earn an easier opponent.    Not that NSH isn't a good team (and well coached) too.   99 points is a solid season (and high for a wild card team).   West is scary good this year.   

Teams had one heck of a season.   One game at a time.   They've got all the key ingredients.    Not getting cocky but put Canucks in 5.     Could be six though. 

I got Nucks in 5 as well... but could easily see this go all the way. 

99 points for wild card team. Before the season started we expected 95 to be enough. Crazy how tough the West is. 

58 minutes ago, Karma-Kazi44 said:

I agree with this. I feel the same. We are lucky to even be watching our team in the playoffs. Let’s not let regular season success go to our heads. And enjoy this ride without being to attached to the idea of a long run.  Go Canucks go 

^^^^^^*
This... 100%....

Only fools count their chickens before they are hatched. 

• Like 2
  • ThereItIs 2

18 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I'm ok with Al Murdoch...he's served us well.

Vancouver has been blessed with some of the best PA, and Play by Play announcers.

I know Jim hates the call, but I still get teary eyed at this. But thank you Jim you were the best.

• Like 1

After Forsberg, Josi and Sarros, the Preds lack star power.

Sure Forsberg tallied 94 points thisn year. So what? Miller got 103 and Hughes, a defensemen, ended uo with only 2 points less than Forsberg.

Canucks have better stars (and more of them), a better goaltender, better D, better coaching, home ice, and on and on. 

We don't need to be afraid, Canucks will get this done. They're hungry.

2 hours ago, Bell said:

I wonder if the management group at sportnet and HNIC indeed have ears if they think Singh is a better play by play guy than Shorthouse.  It is baffling.  Half the time Singh is telling stories like he is talking to his grandkids while exciting action is happening.

At least it's not Rick Dhalli .   Could you imagine !