Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Canucks in 7

Hopefully Canucks in 4 but Preds are a very good team and home ice advantage will help Canucks win the series. 

Lindholm Joshua and Podkolzin will have very good playoffs.  

Let's go Team !!!!

If Podz even sees the ice. 

• ThereItIs 1

24 minutes ago, nhlplayoffs2024 said:

If Podz even sees the ice. 

This 4th line is way better then in 2011

oreskovich Hodgson and ???

that line literally was tasked with getting the puck, dumping it in and changing 

the Canucks Essentially played 3 lines that whole playoff and they were without malhotra 

now it’s podz, Bluegger and lafferty 

wouldbt be surprised if these guys pot sone timely goals off a grinding forecheck 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

I don’t think this series will be close Canucks in 5, demko is rested, the preds only played 10 games against playoff teams during their hot streak and they were .500 in those games, they feasted on really weak competition 

22 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/pettersson-new-winger-canucks-playoffs

Suter – Miller – Boeser
Höglander – Pettersson – Lafferty
Joshua – Lindholm – Garland
Di Giuseppe – Blueger – Mikheyev

Podkolzin ... but then I am not the coach thus in Tic Toc we trust. 

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

This 4th line is way better then in 2011

oreskovich Hodgson and ???

that line literally was tasked with getting the puck, dumping it in and changing 

the Canucks Essentially played 3 lines that whole playoff and they were without malhotra 

now it’s podz, Bluegger and lafferty 

wouldbt be surprised if these guys pot sone timely goals off a grinding forecheck 

Meh on the 4th line.  Salo was the #5 blueliner on that team.  

I don't hear any talk about Demko.  Personally, I'm thinking he's gonna be good.......but he'd be gooder if he had had 3 or 4 more games under his belt.  He's let in some goals in the last two games that he would have stopped if he was in mid season groove.

So I think he's still gonna take at least a couple of games maybe more, until we get primo Demko. So the rest of the team will need to really clamp down until then.

• Desmenko 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Interesting...  do they think Laffy can handle the physical play coming up for Peteys line? 

I guess Tocc likes him better than Mik.  If he doesn't want to break up the 3rd line, that's

about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Podkolzin ... but then I am not the coach thus in Tic Toc we trust. 

He likes Pods game and says me might play him in the 2nd game.  He thinks DiGi's experience will

help in the 1st game.

“Sometimes in the first games, sometimes you might go with experience early on but that’s not saying he won’t play tomorrow,” explained Tocchet. “Things like that, gut feeling, if [Di Giuseppe] does play, I thought he played good against Nashville the first three games at the beginning of the year, I think he scored a goal. You’re looking for anything like that but experience does help.”  ~Rick Tocchet

• chaos 1

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Meh on the 4th line.  Salo was the #5 blueliner on that team.  

Salo was 36 and played 27 regular season games - far from prime Salo.   Don't get me wrong, he was a good defenseman, our winning percentage went up when he was in the lineup, but his best days were behind him. 

Like whomever we have as our 5th and 6th D this year.   Juulsen is like found money too.   Expect he will be in the teams medium or maybe even long term plans.  As our 7th D,  right now, that's pretty good.  

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

The X Factor

Joshua - Lindholm - Garland

Demko's the x factor imo, if he shows signs of rust it could really hurt the Canucks chances. 

If he's on they probably win, if he's still getting back into the swing of things it's anyone's guess, a seven game series can fly by. 

He's played two games since getting back, practicing and rehab ain't the same as playing games. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

I was starting to think of the travel time advantages of us playing LA and then looked it up - Approx 3 hours. Surprisingly not that much of an improvement.

I feel for the Canucks and West Coast teams having so much travel time, then meeting East Coast teams who've had much more rest. It's always going to be an advantage for the East.

Less travel for sure, however starting games at 10:00-10:30 in your home time zone, isn't an advantage either.   Feel the Western teams have an advantage there as far as sleep goes, easier to start at 4-4:30pm.  

2:40 commercial time Van to LA.    OTT - LA and MTL to LA not so fun.   Same with TO.   Same with OTT - VAN, long flight.    At least these guys are flying economy.   Byfuglien used to sleep on flights and he's a big dude.    Personally don't find much difference between 1-3 hours.   More than that can be draining for sure. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, higgyfan said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/pettersson-new-winger-canucks-playoffs

Suter – Miller – Boeser
Höglander – Pettersson – Lafferty
Joshua – Lindholm – Garland
Di Giuseppe – Blueger – Mikheyev

From a defensive standpoint, it’s a hell of a lineup.  

Top 6 will need to see the big guns step it up but that 3rd line should be a difference maker. 

I like the idea of Podkolzin in over DiGiuseppe but it’s a small thing.

Just a rock solid lineup.  Love it.

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

Two physical teams going at it - both with good goalies - IMO I think this series will be won in the blue paint.

Important for the Canucks to maintain discipline with all the expected hitting - and to keep the 5-5 play along with a good solid fore-check and strong D box-outs. 

Lots of X factors in this series but really hope Petey dials it up a notch especially if the scores are tight. 

Go Canucks Go.

justwin.jpg