Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

1 hour ago, NorthWestNuck said:

I’m calling it now, Canucks in four.

If Nashville wants to win one, it needs to be early on. As the series goes on, the Preds are going to fade and the Canucks are going to rise. Preds are already looking tired and season hasn’t even started yet.

Too optimistic from my perspective 

Canucks in 6 would be the best case scenario 

Might go all the way to OT in game 7

• Cheers 1

I think its gonna a be a great series if you like physical hockey with some big bodies on both sides - as some have said, seems both teams "wanted" each other - take away the bad start from the Preds and based on their record since December vs consistency of the Canucks all year - it seems pretty evenly matched that could come down to goal-tending.

Canucks will need to be patient and play with less risk to limit odd man rushes - while maintaining the strong fore-check.  I think RT has mentioned several times this year to look at what is available in games + not just force things that are not there. 

Preds will probably play a style similar to the Blues / Kings, Will see if Nashville will line up at the blue line to force dump ins -  etc - any team that has Trotz involved may have some surprises as he did with the Caps, Preds and Isles. 

Hoping the Canucks win this series + Petey / Lindholm come alive.

justwin.jpg

4 minutes ago, AngryGoose said:

Garland imo could be a massive difference maker imo.  I think he will thrive in a playoff environment.

Hughes and Miller too.  

Game 1 is going to be absolutely bananas.

We are going to beat the country out of NSH. 

• Haha 3

I honestly see this going exactly the same way the 2011 series went. Maybe even 5 games if we truly have Nashville's number and the hot streak they had going into the playoffs is unsustainable. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Many say 2011 was the closest we've ever been to Lord Stanley's cup, but we pooped the chance away having been up. The last chance was at home. Nope.

Now, in my mind, even though it too was a game 7 and not at home, 1994 was closer;

Only two goals separated that series, and it's widely regarded as the best Final in the modern era (since expansion).   It's one time we can hold our heads way up high.   Won't change until we win a cup. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1