Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

26 minutes ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

I'd settle for him being *always* there if it meant Kelly Sutherland got permanently assigned to officiate the Siberian league.

As long as I can mute the game, I'll do the same.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So nothing much, really.

Towels are awesome...love to walk into a playoff arena and see them lined over the backs of the seats.

But what about people who couldn't afford tickets? What about game experiences for them? I'd LOVE them to have an outdoor viewing platform for people to come together. If everyone would learn how to behave like civilized human beings.

They were pretty great in 2011, but I can understand if it doesn't happen after the end result .

1 hour ago, Nucker67 said:

Glad the Canucks don't play the Kings, losing to Doughty is downright awful, but I hate losing to the Oilers more.

It doesn't sound like the Kings are getting much respect against the Oilers in the media, it's all McDavid this and McDavid that. Would love to see an upset there. 

My hopes for Round 1: the western winners

Canucks

Stars

Kings

Jets

I would like this scenario as well - think its even money against them which is fine with me. 

Especially Dallas  winning - strange how Vegas came back against Avs and then blow it easily against the Ducks last night - make your own conclusions.

21 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

So nothing much, really.

Towels are awesome...love to walk into a playoff arena and see them lined over the backs of the seats.

But what about people who couldn't afford tickets? What about game experiences for them? I'd LOVE them to have an outdoor viewing platform for people to come together. If everyone would learn how to behave like civilized human beings.

Canuck fans will be fine in an outdoor centre but there are morans who will cause trouble. Sadly those few morans ruin the opportunity for real fans to enjoy the experience. 

• ThereItIs 3

3 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I think they'll get past Nashville, I'm less confident about Edmonton or LA though. If Dallas reaches the conference final I don't see anyone beating them outside of maybe Carolina, who's my pick to come out of the east. 

A lot will likely depend on how the first round goes. If Oilers go 7 and are a bit beat up, I think their weaknesses on defense and goaltending will hurt them more than the upside of the high-end scorers on the team. Agree about Dallas - they are a very solid team.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Nucker67 said:

Glad the Canucks don't play the Kings, losing to Doughty is downright awful, but I hate losing to the Oilers more.

It doesn't sound like the Kings are getting much respect against the Oilers in the media, it's all McDavid this and McDavid that. Would love to see an upset there. 

My hopes for Round 1: the western winners

Canucks

Stars

Kings

Jets

I still hate the Kings because of Dustin Brown!

6 minutes ago, CanuckDownUnder said:

Thought they are all "to be determined" for every series.

According the Canuck website it’s 9am for the last 3 games. Look at the screenshots I took above, check yourself…

Edited by Grandmaster

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

According the Canuck website it’s 9am for the last 3 games. Look at the screenshots I took above, check yourself…

Wtf... that's gotta be a placeholder for now... right?  Right???

• Upvote 1

Just now, Grandmaster said:

According the Canuck website it’s 9am for the last 3 games

Weird - I just double checked and they all show as "to be determined" on both the Canucks site and NHL.com. Maybe a browser thing?

• Cheers 1