Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

3 hours ago, iinatcc said:

So I'm hearing the Canucks players are hurt and there might be some injury issues with one of the players? 😬

If that was the case they’d be lobbying for a longer gap when in fact they lobbied for an earlier start. 

• ThereItIs 2

5 hours ago, grumpyone said:

I tried having a flag on my car... drove me nuts listening to that flapping, took it off after 3 days.

If the Canucks don't win the cup, then I'd be okay with Winnipeg winning... no other Canadian team or we'd NEVER hear the end of it. or Florida ( Louongo ) or Washington, yeah yeah REALLLLLL long shot there, or even Carolina teams would be okay. None of these have won very often or only once before.

I'd really prefer not to see the turtle win one.  Very few players on that Panthers team who deserve any respect whatsoever.

• Cheers 1

47 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Demko's the x factor imo, if he shows signs of rust it could really hurt the Canucks chances. 

If he's on they probably win, if he's still getting back into the swing of things it's anyone's guess, a seven game series can fly by. 

He's played two games since getting back, practicing and rehab ain't the same as playing games. 

I agree. If he’s back to Demko-ing right away it’s ours in 5. If he needs time, I still think we take it, but in 7.
GCG!

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I’m actually a pencil 

Then I will pencil you in for a banana bread baking fiasco! They have often ‘lead’ to gratuitous consumption and later some ill advised ‘graphite-e’

Edited by Captkirk888
Fucking autocorrect

2 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Interesting...  do they think Laffy can handle the physical play coming up for Peteys line? 

To be honest I think Lafferty plays decently physical. I think our most glaring hole in the lineup is more offensively gifted wingers. After Boeser and Hoglander we don’t really have anyone that brings the consistency in the top 6 from the wings.

52 minutes ago, XxNaslundxX said:

Less than 24 hours. Chanelling all spiritual energy towards this game. Come out at 150%. Focus. Relentlessness. Bring it all. Hold nothing back. 

I'd be content with 100%. Leafs tried to come out 150% and surrendered a goal within the first 3 minutes. 

Game 1 at home, it could be really easy to get overhyped and make mistakes. Canucks should win this series by playing the same disciplined game they've played all year.

But as a fan? I'll totally be going 150%

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

I'd be content with 100%. Leafs tried to come out 150% and surrendered a goal within the first 3 minutes. 

Game 1 at home, it could be really easy to get overhyped and make mistakes. Canucks should win this series by playing the same disciplined game they've played all year.

But as a fan? I'll totally be going 150%

Meet the intensity with intensity but stick to the game plan. The things that win playoff hockey don't change much of course the intensity does... Skill of plays and shots, but overall speed into corners And getting on pucks fast in the 3 zones is the winner of hockey games. The hungrier team usually wins. These guys finally have enough puck hounds with Miller leading the way. Followed by Garland, Hoglander, Joshua. Next the likes of Blueger, Lafferty, Suter. Mostly guys brought in actually. I think this team was missing those Hansen and Burrows guys big time the last few years they could've been a lot better than they were. Bad ufa choices etc. yada yada. 

Go Canucks Go 

Let's kick some ass boys! 

• Cheers 2

8 hours ago, LaBamba said:

This is just so ripe for an upset lol. 

Wouldn't really be too big of an upset. 

NSH has been one of the best teams in the NHL in 2024.

Canucks have 60 pts in 46 games Preds have 58 pts in 45 games since Jan 1st. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

41 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

44 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Did the math in my head, puts both teams about the same, in and about .600 winning percentage. How does this equate to an upset? Overall 10 points and a .02 winning % separates the two teams. There is no upset, there are evenly matched.

We will see what plays out.

• Upvote 1