Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Wouldn't really be too big of an upset. 

NSH has been one of the best teams in the NHL in 2024.

Canucks have 60 pts in 46 games Preds have 58 pts in 45 games since Jan 1st. 

It's going to be a tough series. Get the feeling that Vancouverites are under-estimating Nashville. Tomorrow will be a hard game, and I hope the boys don't take it easy thinking this series will be some cakewalk because it won't be. But it also sounds like all the Eastern media "experts" are picking Nashville to win. Stick it to them and win big tomorrow night! 

• ThereItIs 1

no need to stick to anyone...these are all VERY good teams..play Canucks' hockey, play disciplined and play smart...sticking it to a team has no place in the playoffs..ego is off the agenda...winning is on the agenda.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, -dlc- said:

I hate it when dumb neighbours who don't know try to talk hockey with me.

"We don't stand a chance, they'll play us heavy"

Me: "we can respond to that, we have our own heavies"

"Like who?" I name them off.

His response: "Yeah but Myers is stupid"

(yes but he's OUR idiot)

*Deb rolls up her car window and drives away mumbling "dumbass."

I may be a bit of a hockey snob.

Also: I was the ONLY car at Ironwood with flags. We should pass a bylaw....NO DRIVING UNLESS YOU HAVE A MINIMUM OF ONE CAR FLAG

I do love that it starts conversations to have the vehicle pimped for the playoffs. Two different people came up to my window as I parked to talk hockey with me. 

GO CANUCKS GO

(is anyone else already sitting, waiting for the game like I am?)

I was speaking to some rangers fans last night, i told them i wanted them to make the finals, so we could best them. They had no idea we existed. We're the underdog darkhorse and i love it

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Mrwipeout said:

the only thing certain is that its gonna be tight games.....especially considering how the preds has been winning towards the end of the season

In their last 10 games the Preds were 4-5-1. They had a hot streak against weaker clubs and then, when they had to play better teams, they stunk again.

We will dispatch those losers in five games. Then we will play the Kings who will make McWhiner Baby cry. 

• Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

43 minutes ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

I was speaking to some rangers fans last night, i told them i wanted them to make the finals, so we could best them. They had no idea we existed. We're the underdog darkhorse and i love it

Five points separated the "Presidents Trohpy" winners in a weaker conference and the Canucks.   Have no doubt in my mind, if Demko wasn't injured and played 60 games,  that even an uninformed  hockey fan, would know about us.    Sure would welcome a 1994 re-do.   

Edited by IBatch
  • Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

19 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

We are one dominant top 6 forward  like Guentzel away from being a Cup favorite. 

A scoring forward on EP40 line would make us favorites imo. 

My hope is that these playoffs produce a break out scorer to compliment EP40. I agree with you. It would be a playoff game changer for the Canucks. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My hope is that these playoffs produce a break out scorer to compliment EP40. I agree with you. It would be a playoff game changer for the Canucks. 

I suspect we'll see Petey double teamed like everyone has been doing to him for the last half of the season.  I'm expecting our scoring to come from Miller and our 3rd line.

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I suspect we'll see Petey double teamed like everyone has been doing to him for the last half of the season.  I'm expecting our scoring to come from Miller and our 3rd line.

Shows the importance of another scorer being needed, hopefully that is Hogs long term. It's harder to double team when there are other legitimate threats on the same line becuase someone is left open

• MillerTime 1

1 minute ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Shows the importance of another scorer being needed, hopefully that is Hogs long term. It's harder to double team when there are other legitimate threats on the same line becuase someone is left open

Both hogs and Lafferty can get to the net front so hopefully Petey can get something through to them.

9 hours ago, Captkirk888 said:

Did the math in my head, puts both teams about the same, in and about .600 winning percentage. How does this equate to an upset? Overall 10 points and a .02 winning % separates the two teams. There is no upset, there are evenly matched.

We will see what plays out.

Agreed.

I picked Canucks in 7 because I think home ice advantage will help them win the series. 

But it could go either way. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Five points separated the "Presidents Trohpy" winners in a weaker conference and the Canucks.   Have no doubt in my mind, if Demko wasn't injured and played 60 games,  that even an uninformed  hockey fan, would know about us.    Sure would welcome a 1994 re-do.   

The eastern bias is a thing, they don't stay up. Quinn's Norris is going to come down to a large group who are voting on reputation. I'm fine with it, we do best when we're dismissed

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I truly hope that people keep everything in perspective no matter WHAT unfolds. This team's given us reason to be very proud of them. They've earned that.

Sky's the limit though because they are very capable of beating anyone when they play the way they can. Only one team will hoist the cup and 31 others will fall short. It's our time.

the way the league is now, almost any team in the playoffs has a legit shot to go the distance with all of the things that can happen with injures, etc. 

As a division winner, we're certainly in that category. 

Lots of reasons to be exited and optimistic, so I'll choose that. I'm sure the wet blanket/objective/I was right crowd will show up in a big way if there's a loss today though 😆

• Cheers 1