Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

4 hours ago, Nucks780 said:

Wonder if we will see some appearances from Carrie Underwood. Lol

She’ll cry pretty when we beat them.

I think this series will be longer than expected though, but I expect the Canucks to win game 7 and in OT no less.

• Sad 1

I dont care how...just win game 1 and this series. Give this fanbase reason to believe right off the hop.

Im rewatching some playoff intros and its straight up chills. We are ready for this...its been far too long.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, bh90 said:

Go canucks go!

My main worry with the predators is that their top guys are all well season playoffs vets that have performed.

As for your assessment I just need to say that I don't think Mcdonagh gets enough love he is one of my favorite defenseman. Tampa was never the same defensively since they traded him.

I'd take him over Hronek in a heart beat for this season and playoffs (not long term).

Good Ole Welland Boy, I hear hes a super stand up Guy! From Niagara Falls.

10 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I dont care how...just win game 1 and this series. Give this fanbase reason to believe right off the hop.

Im rewatching some playoff intros and its straight up chills. We are ready for this...its been far too long.

All I can think is " I AM READY TO GET HURT AGAIN' ahahahah LETS GO!!!!

3 hours ago, OldFaithfulcap said:

sunday is what they are saying

and i bet it'll be 4 pm game because Florida series is at 9:30, Rangers at 12 and the NHL won't want two games on the same time. They probably won't do 7 pm PST for this series because Nashville is CST. They'll probably save the 7 PST start time for Vegas/Edmonton or LA/Edmonton as it'll be the only western conference series that's on a true west coast time zone.

5 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

JT Miller > Kesler

On Donnie and Dhali, Kesler said he thought JT was more talented than him.  He also said he stays up late to at least watch the beginning of Canuck games.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Tecumseh said:

JT Miller > Kesler

I'm a huge Kesler fan, I'm a huge JT fan. As soon as I think I can pick one as better than the other, I change my mind. Lol. I lean slightly toward JT but man, both stud hockey players.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Lidster in 94 was weirder.

no doubt. 

I'm nervous about this series in part because I have a ton of respect for Trotz, he's no fool and you know the Pred's will come to play and have a solid game plan.

But, having said that, we match up very well on paper. NSH has a bigger F group, but we have the edge in skill, and the edge in goal. 

This will be the second-ever meeting between the Predators and Canucks in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. These two teams last faced off in the second round of the 2011 postseason, with Ryan Kesler and the Sedins leading the Canucks past the Predators four games to two.

Of course, these two teams couldn’t look more different today than they did 13 years ago, but that’s not to say there aren’t still a few similarities under the surface. Predators legends Pekka Rinne and Shea Weber may be gone, but they’ve been replaced in Nashville by Juuse Saros and Roman Josi. J.T. Miller evokes some memories of Kesler with his intensity and skill. And as was the case in 2011, these Canucks will enter this series as the heavy favorites over the lower-seeded Preds.

Series Prediction

This will be the second-ever meeting between the Predators and Canucks in the Stanley Cup Playoffs. These two teams last faced off in the second round of the 2011 postseason, with Ryan Kesler and the Sedins leading the Canucks past the Predators four games to two.

Of course, these two teams couldn’t look more different today than they did 13 years ago, but that’s not to say there aren’t still a few similarities under the surface. Predators legends Pekka Rinne and Shea Weber may be gone, but they’ve been replaced in Nashville by Juuse Saros and Roman Josi. J.T. Miller evokes some memories of Kesler with his intensity and skill. And as was the case in 2011, these Canucks will enter this series as the heavy favorites over the lower-seeded Preds.

Edited by Rip The Mesh
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, bh90 said:

and i bet it'll be 4 pm game because Florida series is at 9:30, Rangers at 12 and the NHL won't want two games on the same time. They probably won't do 7 pm PST for this series because Nashville is CST. They'll probably save the 7 PST start time for Vegas/Edmonton or LA/Edmonton as it'll be the only western conference series that's on a true west coast time zone.

They said sun night, makes more sense as rangers/caps at 3pm est, would think jets at 7est/6 central and nucks at 10est/7pm pacific.

2 hours ago, Jaimito said:

That’s ridiculous 

i can see restricting, say, the whole lower bowl to residents, or releasing only a set amount for out-of-area visitors, but to ban them completely? 

Back to the chicken theme

image.jpeg.3b275317567aa73fbfab1981560e707c.jpeg

• ThereItIs 2

Lauzon is going to be a handful. Very aggressive and physical player. Recorded the most hits in NHL history this season and they already have Schenn back there. They’ve got a lot of guys who can throw their weight around, probably the most physical team of the west.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, LunarPoetry said:

Bet365 is showing Nashville at Van Saturday at 1pm - I'm hoping they just are not sure of the start time and wanted to put the line out?!?! 

They better not!