Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

9 hours ago, Vancan said:

After April 28th it doesn't matter but here it is. 

Those are some rough start times for games 3 and 4. Nice to see an extra day between games 2 and 3.

35 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

"You mean as a kid that grew up in Kerrisdale and wants nothing more than for the Vancouver Canucks to win a Stanley Cup? A kid who grew up with a transistor radio under his pillow so he could to Jim Robson and Tom Larscheid past his bedtime? It's huge, it's great..."

I like what Shorty said about having Tomlinson on.  Last time he came in to replace Larcheid on radio, the team went to SCF.  This time on TV he replaced John Garrett.  

• Like 3

6 hours ago, AngryGoose said:

So excited for this series. I think the back end is gonna step big time in the physicality department.  Big Z and Soucy especially I think will dish out some big hits.

Yeah, people talk about X factors with Demko / Saros etc.. but I think our big D can be that X factor. Remembering Myers turned up the physicality in the bubble and Ian Cole / Juulsen will also bring their physical game. Pretty imposing defense when you add Hughes/Hronek arguably the best D pairing in the NHL.

Upgrading OEL, Bear, Burroughs, Stillman from just a year ago to this group is nothing short of a miracle transformation.

• Cheers 3

17 hours ago, kilgore said:

That’s ridiculous 

i can see restricting, say, the whole lower bowl to residents, or releasing only a set amount for out-of-area visitors, but to ban them completely? 

Back to the chicken theme

image.jpeg.3b275317567aa73fbfab1981560e707c.jpeg

I’m pretty sure it’s a joke. Look how the line breaks split words etc. 

Just someone havin fun.

• Huggy Bear 1

2 hours ago, grumpyone said:

-about the Predators blocking outside ticket sales... I thought the NHL wanted to broaden the fans interest. 

allowing opposing fans to buy/attend games is GOOD for the game. Maybe they should limit the number of foreign ticket sales?

I understand wanting to pack the stands with homer fans, but if WE tried to do that Bettman would probably slam us with a MAJOR fine. 

What they consider "outside ticket sales" Anyone outside of Tennessee?

Gonna be a hard-fought series, but I do believe we have the edge. The X-factor is probably Saros, as he can become insanely good at times.

That said, I think we have more X-factors and are better at the top, and depth-wise than the Preds. I picked us to win in 6.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

I think we should do the same then. Our rink sells the tickets and there's great demand from OUR fans for them.

I'd love it to be the norm actually. It's awful when our rink is flooded with fans from other teams.

While I do agree, I hate when the Leafs and Habs are in town and there are so many of their fans in the arena.

There is a difference with our situation and you can't really stop it.

The fans of the Leafs and Habs are mostly locals to BC, so they get one chance to see their team play live a year unless they fly somewhere else. There's no way to stop fans from other teams going to the game unless it's by location. Sure you could say you can only buy tickets if you live in BC, but that's shitty for people who make a trip to Vancouver from Europe, or other parts of the country who want to watch their team play while they visit the city. And it really wouldn't stop the fans from other teams from being in the arena, since I bet most of them live in BC and will still buy tickets.

Edited by greenbean30
  • Upvote 2

On 4/18/2024 at 11:44 AM, Coconuts said:

Ryan can't skate like that anymore 

Calling Nucks in 6 but won't be surprised if we lose

Nucks fans largely wanted Nashville over LA or Vegas, but guess what, Preds fans wanted Vancouver over Dallas 

Should be fun

Every team in the league would pick Vancouver over Dallas.   Including Dallas if they had to pick. 

1 hour ago, -dlc- said:

"You mean as a kid that grew up in Kerrisdale and wants nothing more than for the Vancouver Canucks to win a Stanley Cup? A kid who grew up with a transistor radio under his pillow so he could to Jim Robson and Tom Larscheid past his bedtime? It's huge, it's great..."

steve martin asshat GIF

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Every team in the league would pick Vancouver over Dallas.   Including Dallas if they had to pick. 

I think it’s theirs to lose this year. 

• Cheers 1