Round 1 - Vancouver Canucks (P1) vs Nashville Predators (WC1)

Guess the series outcome!  

265 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win and in how many games?

• Canucks in 4
    • Canucks in 5
    • Canucks in 6
    • Canucks in 7
    • Predators in 4
    • Predators in 5
    • Predators in 6
    • Predators in 7
  2. 2. BONUS - Bring Ryan Kesler out of Retirement to beat the Predators one last time!

• YES!
    • No (Explain why you are wrong in the comments)

12 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Is that from "The Jerk"?  Great movie!

"I was born a poor black child"

Steve was/is one of the funniest guys around.

P.S Steve's real name is Gurn Blanston- and he says he wrote a few books under that name "Gurn goes to college" and a couple others.

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

I think it’s theirs to lose this year. 

Predicted Dallas and CAR in the final before the season started.   They've got a slight edge for sure.   Like our chances too. 

I’m calling it now, Canucks in four.

If Nashville wants to win one, it needs to be early on. As the series goes on, the Preds are going to fade and the Canucks are going to rise. Preds are already looking tired and season hasn’t even started yet.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

we get our 1st two games at 7pm PST, tbh I'm shocked we're getting that. I'll take that and run. 

Should all be 7:00. How is Nashville even in the western conference lol

2 minutes ago, Joshua.Guy said:

Should all be 7:00. How is Nashville even in the western conference lol

I get that they have to move game times around a lot in the first round to maximize tv coverage. I just didn't want to get screwed at game 1 😆

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Victories in Game 1 & 2 are critical. Canucks do that and they will have a chock hold on Nashville. Canuck roster has so many pieces who have room to up their games. I have always liked Trotz and fear his ability to ice a solid team. But that said the Canuck brain trust has shown a superior grasp all season. We should expect some interesting twists from RT and the crew.

I watched Kessler's interview and couldn't help admiring his obvious desire to win. He still has that drive. Huge sympathy for his struggle with post career physical ailments. Most of his wear and tear was in a Canuck uniform. he said his best career year was 2011 and how he admires the speed of today's game. It would be a classy move by the Canucks to have a panel of 2011 teammates between periods at some point during the playoffs.  

Regarding your last sentence, that would be sick and must watch TV. Juice could be the host!

• Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Took a sick day today. Been dragging all week and need today to get playoff ready. 

So stoked, I can't even begin to tell  you (well, except that you all are too so you already know the feeling!!)

LFG my friends

(Yes, my car also needs washing...this weekend)

439094289_10160868497570549_120569664351

This baby's been around since '94, bringing it out of retirement.

439217354_10160868497885549_338351733844

(Have a dozen or more flags but this one's kind of special)

Yup! 94 was great too..😇

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I kind of hate it but am trying to learn to love it in a "the more the merrier" way.

But it's tough....people I've tried to talk hockey with for years who didn't care at all suddenly are the biggest fans. Can't name a player outside of Petey but....

Oh well...we are all Canucks. Just sad that many of them get tickets through work/whatever while the real fans are at home. At least we have each other and this place to unite and celebrate our team.

Let's hope they make a lot of new die hard fans, that will support them through thick and thin!

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Rip The Mesh said:

Yup! 94 was great too..😇

'94 I only went to one game back then. 

2011 I was in my glory....folding seats at the zamboni entrance for many games (almost got run over by it once). Where the player's wives go for warm ups. That's really an awesome way to "feel" the game as well as see it. But the view isn't great at the other end of the ice so it's also nice to sit up higher and centre ice too. But feeling the puck smash the glass...or, even better, players getting body slammed into it. Quite the intense way to do hockey.

This year .... after being deprived of hockey for awhile and then having missed the playoffs, it's special. Having it stripped away makes me really grateful for it all. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2