PGT - Winnipeg beats Canucks in final game of the season.

53 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Ducks and Blackhawks simultaneously take 1-0 leads.

Both teams trying to avoid the Oilers. 😂

You'd think they would want to avoid Dallas more.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kragar said:

You'd think they would want to avoid Dallas more.

Anytime you can avoid playing a pissed off, healthy, McDavid you do that at all coasts. Lets be real Mcinnon, Kutcherov, Matthews, etc, etc, or anyone on this planet past/present doesn't compare to what a playoff beast mode McDavid could do, and you do not want to face that unless absolutely necessary. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

Should we worry that Petey had zero shots on goal and that Demmer had a .880 save percentage?

Little worried Petey isnt 100%. For sure his instructions tonight were do not try and take on the world, focus on what has been ailing you, and experiment with stuff, cause this is the game to do it. Worried Demko's knee may become a factor, weather its legit physical, or in his head. 

Brock is hurt and with all his injury history who knows how bad? 

All teams are injured this time of season, but look at those 3 players names and how important they are. 

1 hour ago, Pure961089 said:

The Canucks lit them up 5-0 in their last game.  This game meant more to the Jets than it did for the Canucks and that's ok.

I'm hoping the Canucks win the opening round. But looking at the Regular season as a predictor in the playoffs, doesn't translate.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm hoping the Canucks win the opening round. But looking at the Regular season as a predictor in the playoffs, doesn't translate.

Almost like using preseason to predict the regular season.  

2 hours ago, steviewonder20 said:

Should we worry that Petey had zero shots on goal and that Demmer had a .880 save percentage?

The Petey thing is kind of par for the course lately. Demmer I wouldn't worry about one bit. Made some solid saves out there.

Of the 12 Highest single season point totals (by a defenseman) Quinn hughes already has 4 of them. Craziness. 

So, the top 12, best scoring seasons by a defenseman in our franchises' history,  this 25 year old kid has a third of the list. Wooow

Edited by cuporbust
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vancan said:

Anytime you can avoid playing a pissed off, healthy, McDavid you do that at all coasts. Lets be real Mcinnon, Kutcherov, Matthews, etc, etc, or anyone on this planet past/present doesn't compare to what a playoff beast mode McDavid could do, and you do not want to face that unless absolutely necessary. 

OK, but does McD have playoff beast mode in him, especially with a lesser supporting cast than Avs or Bolts, or Vegas, or, umm, Canucks for that matter.  It may well be that other teams can key on him and shut him down.

Oilers have been one of the weaker playoff-bound teams against teams that made the playoffs this season. Granted, playoffs are different. Is it different enough that they can step it up?  Also have we ever seen playoff beast McD? Does he really have another gear to give?

They are better coached this year, so maybe playoff success is in the cards for them. But I'm not sold on it, honestly.

4 hours ago, cuporbust said:

Of the 12 Highest single season point totals (by a defenseman) Quinn hughes already has 4 of them. Craziness. 

So, the top 12, best scoring seasons by a defenseman in our franchises' history,  this 25 year old kid has a third of the list. Wooow

He is breaking every single record on the team with this speed. Next year he will be to highest points scorer in Canucks history, I wouldn't put it past him to break the Sedins points records if he stays with the club. 
it'll be between him and Petey. 
Life is good 😊

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 hours ago, JeremyCuddles said:

No Boeser, no Miller, no Cole, no Hronek. Practically iced a preseason team. Lol. I bet people are still overreacting to this game. Bring on Sunday baby, I'm ready for a good series. 

It was a pre-season game, by both teams, no Hellebuyck,  Morrisey, Conner etc.   And yes a few were bemoaning this loss in the GDT 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Vancan said:

Only time i've seen a "pissed off" McBaby, is when his pouting or embellishment doesn't go his way.    Draisatl was a monster last year though, scoring goals at will for awhile there, he's a lot harder to play against.  

And McKinnon is next level, has had many disgusting series.    Seems like McDavid was finally breaking his playoff failures last year too so maybe he's matured, personally don't find his game that intimadating, just need to shadow him and cream him every chance you get.   Expect Lindholm and Miller will get that job. 

• Cheers 1