[First Round] Dallas Stars (C1) vs. Vegas Golden Knights (WC2)

Who will win the series?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Stars in 7
    • Stars in 6
    • Stars in 5
    • Stars in 4
    • Golden Knights in 4
    • Golden Knights in 5
    • Golden Knights in 6
    • Golden Knights in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

35 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

The Vegas Bettmans have no excuse, they should win it all with their LTIR cheating. 

So watching Sallad get humbled is fun, I'll take it. 

Without Hanifin and Hertl, they probably would have lost at least 1 of those 2 games.  Pretty ridiculous that their LTIR shenanigans have directly lead to wins and are a difference maker.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Without Hanifin and Hertl, they probably would have lost at least 1 of those 2 games.  Pretty ridiculous that their LTIR shenanigans have directly lead to wins and are a difference maker.

It all hinges on the belief that the injuries, and how they are managed, are legitimate.

Did stone really have a laceration? Maybe. Was it miked for perfect timing? Absolutely. Stone clearly could have played earlier before the end of the season, but that would have meant no cap circumvention.

18 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

It all hinges on the belief that the injuries, and how they are managed, are legitimate.

Did stone really have a laceration? Maybe. Was it miked for perfect timing? Absolutely. Stone clearly could have played earlier before the end of the season, but that would have meant no cap circumvention.

Totally agreed.  I'm 100% certain that Stone was injured.  No denying that.  It was the recovery side of things that was milked to make sure he came back for the playoffs.  It's no different than being 'sick' at work due to a physical injury.  It is incredibly easy for someone to tell a physician that they're still feeling pain and continue giving the symptoms required to cover a physician's ass for diagnosing further recovery time.  INCREDIBLY easy.  I'm dead set certain that is what Stone did.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Totally agreed.  I'm 100% certain that Stone was injured.  No denying that.  It was the recovery side of things that was milked to make sure he came back for the playoffs.  It's no different than being 'sick' at work due to a physical injury.  It is incredibly easy for someone to tell a physician that they're still feeling pain and continue giving the symptoms required to cover a physician's ass for diagnosing further recovery time.  INCREDIBLY easy.  I'm dead set certain that is what Stone did.

Yep and there lays the lie. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

Good try. But now they don’t. Some will, who are hockey fans, but the vast majority wouldn’t. They know more about Sham Wow. 

they have the highest capacity building in the league for a reason. 

13 hours ago, Jaimito said:

Dallas choke job again.

They don't have clutch players to win it all. 

This will be a short series. 

A great regular season team but not so great playoff team. Vegas is the better team thus fart

23 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Yes, I’ve also spent a long time in Pennsylvania. Met maybe 5 people that liked the Pens and 1 Flyer fan. Roughly 2 hrs from both cities. Lol. 

Were you in Harrisburg? Or State College?

I was living in Pittsburgh during their back-to-back cups. Yinzers definitely know the Pens exist. However, I was always surprised how little air time the team got on morning talkshows during the playoffs. Even during the conference finals, morning radio would spend equal time coving the previous night's game as it would talking about the Pirates start to the season. There are definitely a good number of die-hard Pens fans but the game is also definitely not treated the same as it is in Canada even in a "hockey city."

3 hours ago, Diamonds said:

Were you in Harrisburg? Or State College?

I was living in Pittsburgh during their back-to-back cups. Yinzers definitely know the Pens exist. However, I was always surprised how little air time the team got on morning talkshows during the playoffs. Even during the conference finals, morning radio would spend equal time coving the previous night's game as it would talking about the Pirates start to the season. There are definitely a good number of die-hard Pens fans but the game is also definitely not treated the same as it is in Canada even in a "hockey city."

I was around Williamsport/Manfield for the most part “Bradford county” so almost in NY. In Pennsylvania I’d say they treat hockey like we treat basketball. 

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Coconuts said:

What getting out of Buffalo does for a mf 

He's sure shifted a lot of narratives about him since arriving in Vegas

And the Sabres keep replacing their coaches and wonder why they are a losing team. 

11 minutes ago, Integra250 said:

Thompson standing on his head. Could’ve been a 5-0 game before Vegas tied it at 2-2

Otter hasn't been good. Stars not going to win the series. 

16 minutes ago, Bounce000 said:

I’ve gotten wet dreams about the Canucks getting 41 shots on goal in a playoff game

The suffocating way Nashville plays I dunno. Not this series. 

We haven't allowed many shots either which is a great sign