[First Round] Edmonton Oilers (P2) vs. Los Angeles Kings (P3)

Who will win the series?  

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the series?

• Oilers in 7
    • Oilers in 6
    • Oilers in 5
    • Oilers in 4
    • Kings in 4
    • Kings in 5
    • Kings in 6
    • Kings in 7

This poll is closed to new votes

41 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Geez, LA has to be the worst city in the worst country and you all cheer for them over a Canadian team, pretty sad if you ask me.

Vegas is worse. Besides we're talking about an Alberta team. A province if they had the chance would probably happily join the US.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Darius said:

imho he is so underrated.  Strong on the boards. Excellent defensively. Clutch player.  Keeps this team relevant while the bring in younger players.

Hate cheering for the kings, but hate the oilers more lol

He's actually one of my favourite players, he's a one of a kind as far as players in the league go 

Bergeron was a player in the same vein but didn't quite have Kopitar's physical toolbox 

Barkov's probably the closest comparable out there right now 

Kopitar's basically a better, two-way Getzlaf and could be a first ballot hall of fame guy once he calls it quits 

Edited by Coconuts
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Vegas is worse. Besides we're talking about an Alberta team. A province if they had the chance would probably happily join the US.

I go to Vegas many times a year and my sister in law lives in LA, Vegas is definitely not a worse city if you’re talking about livability. It’s not one of the best but many times better than LA. I’m also pretty sure most people in Alberta would not choose to become a part of e States, maybe seperate from Canada as a new country but join the States, I’d bet not.

• Cheers 1

49 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I go to Vegas many times a year and my sister in law lives in LA, Vegas is definitely not a worse city if you’re talking about livability. It’s not one of the best but many times better than LA. I’m also pretty sure most people in Alberta would not choose to become a part of e States, maybe seperate from Canada as a new country but join the States, I’d bet not.

LA is wayyyyyy nicer than Vegas as far as livability. Vegas is surrounded by desert, it’s also the most cringe place on earth I don’t know how anyone can spend more than 3 days in Vegas. It’s fun at night when you’re blacked out with a bunch of friends and hookers. After that it’s hot and looks like trash during the day. I understand that off the strip it’s comparable to Glendale but other than golf and sitting by your pool, there isn’t much. 
La has miles of beach, mountains, lakes, Amusement parks, tons and tons of stuff to do. Also, Vegas is only a 4 hr drive. If you want to go to Vegas for a weekend it’s like driving to Kelowna. 
anyway, a little off topic. 

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We'll happily trade them for Alaska. 

1 hour ago, Dumb Nuck said:

He just did, are you no longer cheering for the Canucks or just accept the fact all team have good fans and bad fans?

Pretty fine line between one person doing it and a couple hundred but go off sis. 

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Pretty fine line between one person doing it and a couple hundred but go off sis. 

I’ve seen many posts on CDC from fans wishing harm or death on players and refs, there are shit fans in every city, Vancouver is not special just because you live there.

5 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

I’ve seen many posts on CDC from fans wishing harm or death on players and refs, there are shit fans in every city, Vancouver is not special just because you live there.

The world is full of asshats, that's true. 

as much as I dislike the Kings, part of me wants the Oilers to lose and lose badly, yet.... we'd have a better chance of beating them than the Kings with their 1-3-1 trap defense. 

Sooooo, I'm hoping for a VERY long series. Definitely 7 games with at least 3 or 4 OT periods, preferably added to the 6th and 7th games. I hate to wish 'harm' to players, but a couple of well placed deep bruises couldn't hurt our cause, could it?

Edmonton has some of the same limitations as Toronto in terms of keeping the puck out of the net albeit they play with more grit than Toronto.  Both could elevate if they just committed to defence first and let the goals come naturally from their high end skill.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, flat land fish said:

Edmonton has some of the same limitations as Toronto in terms of keeping the puck out of the net albeit they play with more grit than Toronto.  Both could elevate if they just committed to defence first and let the goals come naturally from their high end skill.

There enlies the problem.... Neither team is willing or capable of committing to defence first.... Consistently.  As you pointed out, Edmonton has more grit... And more players defensively capable anyway... Goaltending for both teams, inconsistent and average at best.

2 hours ago, Captain Hughes said:

Edmonton is north Korea as far as I'm concerned. I'll never forgive that city for getting rid of the dolphins in the west ed mall. 

taking dolphins out of captivity is about the only good thing that city has ever done. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Coconuts said:

I know that Justin Williams was basically "Mr. Playoffs" but I'm still surprised he won the Conn Smythe over Kopitar in 2014. Kopitar had 1 more point (and lead the league in playoff scoring) while also being the team's number 1 PK forward averaging both the highest total TOI and average TOI on the PK amongst Kings forwards. He just played a much more important role. Oh, he also led the playoffs in faceoff wins.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Diamonds said:

I know that Justin Williams was basically "Mr. Playoffs" but I'm still surprised he won the Conn Smythe over Kopitar in 2014. Kopitar had 1 more point (and lead the league in playoff scoring) while also being the team's number 1 PK forward averaging both the highest total TOI and average TOI on the PK amongst Kings forwards. He just played a much more important role. Oh, he also led the playoffs in faceoff wins.

Yeah, that one was a bit of a head scratcher, not that Williams didn't have a helluva playoffs. If I had to guess I'd say Williams won it because of the playoff reputation bit. 

• Cheers 1