Kings vs. Yotes Down Under

Dumb Nuck

3 hours ago, qwijjibo said:

Alain Vigneault is the worst thing to ever happen to the Canucks? What?  I'm guessing you thought it was someone else? 

Nope, him and his gum chewing turn the other cheek wimpy style of coaching is still haunting us til today. Had a team that should have been a dynasty with nothing to show for it.

58 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

So let me get this straight.  you're blaming the winningest coach in canucks history for the stare of the team today?  The same coach who had them within one win of the Stanley cup?  The one who hasn't been a part of the team for a decade.  He's to blame for where the team sits today?   Well. Your name checks out. 

Yes, he created a soft culture in the team that is still with us to this day so he owns a large part of the blame.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

There's literally no one left from that team sad take is sad name still checks out. 

Unfortunately the culture remained, Green just perpetuated it, he was a green AV, just as bad without any coaching talent at all. I hope we halted the slide with our new coaching staff but the damage done from AV to Green will take some time to fix.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Unfortunately the culture remained, Green just perpetuated it, he was a green AV, just as bad without any coaching talent at all. I hope we halted the slide with our new coaching staff but the damage done from AV to Green will take some time to fix.

Nope, hell even more than 3/4's of the Green team is gone now, brutally awful take still.

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

Remember when half of CDC thought Green was going to win the Jack Adams, nothing that ever was or ever will be posted comes remotely close to that.

I don't remember that being a majority thought, even when we lost to Vegas in the playoffs there were maybe a handful at most that even suggested top 3 finalist 

Just now, Bobby Lou said:

Comparing Green to Vineault is just ludacris... just stating that .... makes ya wonder if a guy's ever even watched hockey

Season ticket holder since game 1 and I never compared Green to AV, they have a similar style, soft, but Green is a much worse coach. AVs style was OK for regular season but that doesn't win Cups.

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Season ticket holder since game 1 and I never compared Green to AV, they have a similar style, soft, but Green is a much worse coach. AVs style was OK for regular season but that doesn't win Cups.

OK for regular season? Dude back to back presidents trophies and took us to game 7. Alot of things factored into that series loss mainly Tim Thomas 

• Cheers 1

Just now, Bobby Lou said:

OK for regular season? Dude back to back presidents trophies and took us to game 7. Alot of things factored into that series loss mainly Tim Thomas 

Yes and we had the two best players in the league, we were stacked and 1 SCF appearance and a bunch of early exits is a major failure.

• Haha 1