Shorty confirmed for round 1

this is amazing!

though I could have sworn he called the 2011 chicago series when they slayed the dragon. Had to look it up. Its just over dubbed from the radio broadcast

just listened to the actual tv broadcast, Jim Hughson was great and his use of “great save Luongo” was always exciting as well as him sneaking in words like “smeagal” was fun, but after Shortys call of slaying the dragon he should have been thee first choice. Probably the best play call ever

Edited by Johnny
  • Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Harvey Specter said:

For the other half of our beloved John-and-John combination, John Garrett will be a part of Donnie & Dhali's post game shows for the Playoffs!

Quotin' good ol' Don Taylor, "it was a GORGEOUS MOVE."

I would love to get a Garrett guest spot color call for a game

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Harvey Specter said:

For the other half of our beloved John-and-John combination, John Garrett will be a part of Donnie & Dhali's post game shows for the Playoffs!

I was already looking forward to D & D new post game shows through the playoffs.

This makes it even better.  650 with Sat and co. are going to have some competition.

1 hour ago, kilgore said:

Congratulations Shorty.  But I was hoping that Ray Ferarro was done with his TNT or other contracts by now and would be free for the playoffs as the colour guy.  I don't mind Dave, but was hoping for Ray.

I think Ray is under contract obligation until the end of the season

• Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, Harvey Specter said:

Quotin' good ol' Don Taylor, "it was a GORGEOUS MOVE." and he would continue with "while wearing the old #....." 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

May it continue.

I suspect it’ll be back to Singh and crew once the Oilers are eliminated, cuz the east hate us and wish us no joy.

The worst will be if the Oilers somehow win a round and we have to listen to to Singh make McDiver's girlfriend uncomfortable every single game.

• Haha 2

They could no longer ignore Van fanbase demands, following the season this team just put together.

Also appears our coaches are too well-liked(by some officials & media sources) to keep giving Van the short straw. It further reinforces the staff moves JR & PA have made.

6 minutes ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

They could no longer ignore Van fanbase demands, following the season this team just put together.

Also appears our coaches are too well-liked(by some officials & media sources) to keep giving Van the short straw. It further reinforces the staff moves JR & PA have made.

It is truly a breath of fresh air to have a coach that knows how to joke with people. Example: Tocchet said in the previous game (I think it was the Oilers) that Demko "was given a good workload" (paraphrasing). The media can be both GOOD and BAD. Tocchet has dealt with the media's antics appropriately. Torts is a great coach (statistically speaking) and his communication skills are both good and bad, but he seems to be learning. What we shouldn't have is a coach that will deliberately butt heads with the media because that doesn't do you any good. However, the media needs to not manufacture bullshit. That's how you get blacklisted. It's a two-way relationship that ALL SIDES have to respect.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Shorty is actually pretty unbiased when he calls the games.

You know, he is doing a great job hiding his love for Canucks, but I have been listening him since like forever and I can tell simply by the tone of his voice (when I don’t know the score) if Canucks winning or losing .

• Cheers 2