New scoreboard. It's massive! New video and pics. New lights!

13 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I just felt a sabre attack, and it cut deep......😃

At least the Canucks had a forum people wanted to go to.  Heavy handed admins and moderators killed the old official Sabres forum not long after it began. 

CDC is going out in a blaze, Sabres dot com went in a whimper and hail of Karens and Kevins abusing the small amount of power that they had been given.

• Sad 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

You know, before Covid and before the launch of 5g, I was at CES in Las Vegas playing with some of the stuff that you could achieve with 5g speed and technology. Now, the version in Canada is really only more like 4g+, it's not really a true 5g deployment, you don't get the 800mbps + throughput that you do in most major cities in the US, but I digress...

One of the things they were showing off in the Intel booth was, real-time game feeds from game floor for Basketball. basically, you had full 360 degree vision through a headset, you look up, there's the scoreboard, you look down there's the court. Players were playing around and through you, shooting hoops.

How cool would it be to be able to have cameras suspended from the scoreboard, potentially on a line that followed the play, 10 or 12 feet above the ice, giving you that level of immersive experience with hockey. You could literally be watching replays of a goal being scored from 10 feet above the net, or right there watching a fight etc. Interesting to think of what the future of watching might hold...hockey 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

Well I'm glad you're back. You gave great insights on what was happening with our expansion cousins.

Oh and ignore Alf. He's all "Love Canucks, despise all others" that is until the playoffs when suddenly he turns into a Leaf homer and you'd swear it's Craig Simpson.

No worries.  I never forgot Alf and his ways.  No doubt he still thinks Dahlin is a bust... 😆

• Haha 3
  • ThereItIs 1

3 hours ago, canucks curse said:

Shoulda just used that $ on a practice facility 

Well I am sure he can afford a practice facility. The bigger question is does he want to pay for it? Likely not. I think no matter how much money he was making he would be pinching pennies. 

vince mcmahon wwe GIF

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

9 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

You know, before Covid and before the launch of 5g, I was at CES in Las Vegas playing with some of the stuff that you could achieve with 5g speed and technology. Now, the version in Canada is really only more like 4g+, it's not really a true 5g deployment, you don't get the 800mbps + throughput that you do in most major cities in the US, but I digress...

One of the things they were showing off in the Intel booth was, real-time game feeds from game floor for Basketball. basically, you had full 360 degree vision through a headset, you look up, there's the scoreboard, you look down there's the court. Players were playing around and through you, shooting hoops.

How cool would it be to be able to have cameras suspended from the scoreboard, potentially on a line that followed the play, 10 or 12 feet above the ice, giving you that level of immersive experience with hockey. You could literally be watching replays of a goal being scored from 10 feet above the net, or right there watching a fight etc. Interesting to think of what the future of watching might hold...hockey 

I always get close to 1GHz when I am close to a 5G tower in Vancouver.  I can tell when I leave an area where a 5G tower is as my speed drop to 150-200Mbps...

• Cheers 1

He is spending the big bucks now but it took so long for it to happen. He needed Rutherford to come in and tell him things needed upgrading? A couple years ago he was saying he wasn't worried about the seats. Now we have a full scale revamp on so many levels. If you take pride in your product as an organization you should offer the best quality and make sure things are up to date. It's like a car, if you don't take care of it, it's going to eventually break down like the arena. I am happy Rutherford was able to talk some sense into him or these updates might not have happened. You have to stay competitive on and off the ice or then it trickles onto the product on the ice which it did. Players take notice of the effort ownership is taking to provide them with the best of everything. It's going to make a huge difference. 

13 hours ago, Blitz-Pix said:

You can always go see the Abottsford Canucks... for a fraction of the price. They should be a very entertaining team to watch this season.  

Maybe. The Giants are closer though. But I haven't been since they moved to Langley. But I've been thinking of going to a game either in Abbotsford or go see the Giants. 

Here is a video of the new scoreboard at the laver cup tournament being held this weekend at Rogers. It looks pretty good. It's so clear.  I wonder if the lights around it that they use for player introductions are permanent or are they just there for this tournament? It's impressive either way.

IMG_3920.thumb.jpeg.34d7de3d5c62d08c00e7db146f055a2b.jpeg

The lights I am talking about on the side of it.

• Canuckfanforlife82 changed the title to New scoreboard. It's massive! New video and pics.
2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Would be curious about the viability of building a rink into a penthouse of a much bigger building.
They build pools on top of buildings all the time and it has to be a lot lighter than a pool. 
Ease some of the land expenses and easier to do closer to the main arena. 

Yes. Find a way to build it on top of Rogers. 😉

• Canuckfanforlife82 changed the title to New scoreboard. It's massive! New video and pics.new lights!

This is a video from the Laver cup. It shows the new scoreboards capabilities as well as the new lighting. A question I have, is the lighting used during the laver cup installed permanently or was that just for the laver cup? It seems to be hanging too low so you can't see the top of the scoreboard. Maybe they will lower the scoreboard. Just small observations. 

• Cheers 1

• Canuckfanforlife82 changed the title to New scoreboard. It's massive! New video and pics. New lights!

16 years ago, this was the biggest and best scoreboard in the league. I remember it like a week ago. Now its on the scrap heap. Amazing how time goes on.

I just wonder of Seattles double jumbos is better than the new one

Edited by Blue

On 9/22/2023 at 9:08 PM, gwarrior said:

I won't see it in person. Can't afford the tickets, the parking, or the food. So I'll watch at home. Park my ass on the couch. And either order food, or make something good. Sorry guys, I can't justify the price for 1 night out.

That’s why we work overtime. Work hard and play hard 💥

On 9/23/2023 at 8:13 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

I always get close to 1GHz when I am close to a 5G tower in Vancouver.  I can tell when I leave an area where a 5G tower is as my speed drop to 150-200Mbps...

You do know that GHz and Mbps are measuring completely different things, right? 🙂 

Edited by RomanPer

30 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

You do know that GHz and Mbps are measuring completely different things, right? 🙂 

Of course…. 😌

Okay, my speed app shows 1GHz and I see a 5G tower in front of me, then I drive away and my speed app now shows 200Mbps. I’m assuming it’s because I pulled away from the 5G tower and now I’m on Telus 4G from their 4G towers which are different than the 5G towers I see. 

Is this correct or am I drunk like Alf? 

30 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Of course…. 😌

Okay, my speed app shows 1GHz and I see a 5G tower in front of me, then I drive away and my speed app now shows 200Mbps. I’m assuming it’s because I pulled away from the 5G tower and now I’m on Telus 4G from their 4G towers which are different than the 5G towers I see. 

Is this correct or am I drunk like Alf? 

You are drunk. When you see the 5G tower, your speed app shows 1 Gbps, not 1 GHz 🙂 

2 hours ago, Blue said:

16 years ago, this was the biggest and best scoreboard in the league. I remember it like a week ago. Now its on the scrap heap. Amazing how time goes on.

I just wonder of Seattles double jumbos is better than the new one

That scoreboard is in Abby now so it will get a second life.

• Cheers 1