[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

7 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Disappointed that Podz isnt in, imo hes clearly been bringing more to the table than PDG of late.

Maybe Toc just wants another PK option or giving the vet the nod. 

His time will come.

• Cheers 4

2 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Disappointed that Podz isnt in, imo hes clearly been bringing more to the table than PDG of late.

Maybe Toc just wants another PK option or giving the vet the nod. 

Podz is so damn frustrating.  I can see Tocc's point in that he just needs him to play. Let go. He still looks like he's thinking too much.  Its like he is playing between the plays on the ice in order not to make a mistake.  Don't know how to describe it. He used to be even more hesitant though. I think he's improved a lot.  I still have high hopes for Podz, and I can see him suiting up at some point for the playoffs, but I can see why Tocchet still would go with a more veteran player at this stage.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

Why is Ferraro not doing our broadcasts anymore he’s on ESPN doing the rangers crapitals 

He's on contract for ESPN.   That's why he was doing many Nux games this regular season.  Not sure about next yr though.  

6 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Podz is so damn frustrating.  I can see Tocc's point in that he just needs him to play. Let go. He still looks like he's thinking too much.  Its like he is playing between the plays on the ice in order not to make a mistake.  Don't know how to describe it. He used to be even more hesitant though. I think he's improved a lot.  I still have high hopes for Podz, and I can see him suiting up at some point for the playoffs, but I can see why Tocchet still would go with a more veteran player at this stage.

He would have been better off playing the year in Abby to be honest. I thought he was ready. But I still think he needs to get into good habits and shoot the puck.

McDonough or Sasson would have been interesting to see if they can have an impact. Sasson certainly has in Abby.

• Cheers 2