[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

1 minute ago, Roberts said:

Roberts will be in attendance! My first ever playoff game, my dream finally comes true! LET'S GO!! Heading to the ferries now. :towel:

So freakin fantastic....have the time of your life. 

What an experience you're about to have! SOOOO happy for you and your Dad.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Podz is so damn frustrating.  I can see Tocc's point in that he just needs him to play. Let go. He still looks like he's thinking too much.  Its like he is playing between the plays on the ice in order not to make a mistake.  Don't know how to describe it. He used to be even more hesitant though. I think he's improved a lot.  I still have high hopes for Podz, and I can see him suiting up at some point for the playoffs, but I can see why Tocchet still would go with a more veteran player at this stage.

When Podz first came up he was an absolute wrecking ball, which is what we need in the playoffs. And he can make plays too.

He just needs to come in & throw his weight around, then hold onto pucks in the Ozone when he gets the chance (which he can) and find his teammates (which he can).

Imagine we'll see him at some point but I just thought he's been one of their 12 best forwards. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

He would have been better off playing the year in Abby to be honest. I thought he was ready. But I still think he needs to get into good habits and shoot the puck.

McDonough or Sasson would have been interesting to see if they can have an impact. Sasson certainly has in Abby.

Exactly how I feel. Thanks for writing that. Don't have it in me to write an essay.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Podz is so damn frustrating.  I can see Tocc's point in that he just needs him to play. Let go. He still looks like he's thinking too much.  Its like he is playing between the plays on the ice in order not to make a mistake.  Don't know how to describe it. He used to be even more hesitant though. I think he's improved a lot.  I still have high hopes for Podz, and I can see him suiting up at some point for the playoffs, but I can see why Tocchet still would go with a more veteran player at this stage.

they clearly like Podz, given the extension. Experience tho is hard to beat and pdg will follow orders to the letter. I also don't imagine he sees more than 6 or 7 minutes tonight.

• Cheers 1

I've only ever been to one playoff game (2011).

It was such a different feeling...we arrived super early to see all the white towels on the backs of the seats and it was amazing. Then to hear Streets as the team skated out onto the ice....absolute goosebumps.

I'm sad that I won't be there this year but I also love to 'watch' the game with everyone here. And listening to Shorty make the calls too. There's something in that that helps ease the pain of not being in the arena.

I'm way too wound up and am going to work out on my deck to release some of the pent up energy. Then maybe scream a little. Me right now....

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm going with my Linden jersey. Tuesday is my Henrik Jersey.

JT

A no brainer for me.

I have Brock Petey Bieksa Burr and about 6 others but it's always the same.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm going with my Linden jersey. Tuesday is my Henrik Jersey.

First season Horvat jersey for me

Now that I think of it, this jersey was a Xmas present 2015 from my wife, we had just had our first son and spent Xmas with my mom, I don't even know how my wife had the money for it. Funny that's the last time we played real playoff hockey that very season. How time flies now my oldest is 9 and I'm 9 yeArs older lmao. Cheers everyone. Go Canucks Go!! 

Edited by Rick_theRyper

As excited as I am I’m just happy we are watching Canucks playoff hockey again! 

Hoping for a good result obviously, but just glad this team showed so much progress this year as more key prospects/players develop

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

they clearly like Podz, given the extension. Experience tho is hard to beat and pdg will follow orders to the letter. I also don't imagine he sees more than 6 or 7 minutes tonight.

I think Tocchet is being cautious. The arena will be off the scale at game time. Sit him out so he can watch and then put him in. PDG is solid and has a scoring upside. He will play a physical game and has an eye for the d-side. All good. 

• ThereItIs 1

12 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

if he can shut down O'Reilly thats enough production for me. 

That would be great.  Defence wins championships.  But some scoring would be a nice bonus.  We have to score some goals too.  It's gonna be a fun ride no matter what.  Go Canucks Go!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

I'll never understand the hate Streets gets for an intro song. It's always silly and irrelevant reasons too. 

Because U2 are terrible and it is a mellow intro.  

EDIT: But it does evoke emotion and feeling due to it's use all those years. I want For Whom the Bell Tolls. 😉

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1