[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

Just now, Gnarcore said:

Because U2 are terrible and it is a mellow intro.  

It's NOT mellow when you're in there....the crowd goes nuts.

I don't care for U2 but there's no denying the impact that song has on our rink.

• Like 3
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I think Tocchet is being cautious. The arena will be off the scale at game time. Sit him out so he can watch and then put him in. PDG is solid and has a scoring upside. He will play a physical game and has an eye for the d-side. All good. 

thats very likely, let him watch a game first so he's not overwhelmed. Might see him on the road game 3. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, nux_win said:

That would be great.  Defence wins championships.  But some scoring would be a nice bonus.  We have to score some goals too.  It's gonna be a fun ride no matter what.  Go Canucks Go!

for sure scoring would be nice, but imo we got him for matchups. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I don't care for U2 but there's no denying the impact that song has on our rink.

Been there...for multiple playoff games in multiple series with it. Never liked it...but I did add an edit that even with that it does still bring some emotions for all those years of use. 

Compared to games I saw at the Collseum those crowds were shite. 😉

Edited by Gnarcore
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Rocket-68 said:

Thanks for writing and posting this @-dlc-, I remember the Canucks from way back in the very early days, lived through 1982, 1994, 2011 and the stanzas above resonate - a bit painfully, even to this day. Let's say the last chapter to glory is still being written ... this year!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Ditto to all you said. GCG!

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

JT

A no brainer for me.

I have Brock Petey Bieksa Burr and about 6 others but it's always the same.

Good choice, JT has really taken that role of being the heart and sole guy and done so well. He's moved on from the last couple seasons of being frustrated well. A lot of humans out there could learn a lot from his actions this year! Him and Hughes have been nothing short of amazing! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

I was getting emotional earlier this morning playing that intro. 

Also not a huge fan of U2 but that intro is it for me.

• ThereItIs 1

I almost feel like not watching. If we lose the first game , the low will just be so painful. And let me predict , if you think the refs are bad vs the Canucks in the regular season , just wait till you see what they do in the playoffs.

• Wiener 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Lol I actually kinda always made fun of U2, but even I get chills still when I listen to that song. Especially that hype video someone shared yesterday, that gave me goose nipples the whole video

(Goose nipples( something my son said when he was like 2 lmao! 

2 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Cup stickers on the helmet is a nice touch. 

But I would think it's for the finals.   I suppose the finals patch/sticker has a different design.  

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

My choice and favourite song of all

time is ACDC Thunderstruck. We need a powerful, electrifying song to pump our guys onto the ice: 

That is currently the ring tone on my cell. I get of ‘rock on’ comments when it rings in public. Lol.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

No idea what Drance is taking about. 🤣

Neither does Drance 

Hoping to see an inspired EP40. If he can keep his feet moving and draw a few penalties for us I’ll be glad. 

I’m wondering about the reason for calling Silovs up. Any information on this? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Tocchet loves PDG for a reason. He knows what he brings. He can rely on that.

Podz is still a work in progress. Much improved but still has unknowns in his game. 

We all want Pods to get the chance since it would be pretty exciting if he did well.  

However, with his 2 assists this year means you can’t say he’s been a bigger factor than PDG.  Obviously management and coaches still believe in him as per his recent contract, but I have no problem with Tocchet going with a vet in game 1. They’re basically both just going to be in there to bring some energy. 

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Lol I actually kinda always made fun of U2, but even I get chills still when I listen to that song. Especially that hype video someone shared yesterday, that gave me goose nipples the whole video

(Goose nipples( something my son said when he was like 2 lmao! 

Animated GIF

• Upvote 1