[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

Just now, The Duke said:

We all want Pods to get the chance since it would be pretty exciting if he did well.  

However, with his 2 assists this year means you can’t say he’s been a bigger factor than PDG.  Obviously management and coaches still believe in him as per his recent contract, but I have no problem with Tocchet going with a vet in game 1. They’re basically both just going to be in there to bring some energy. 

Exactly this. Well said. 

PDG is the better, experienced and more well-rounded choice. Even his energy. 

• Cheers 1

image.png.546458f27f02e775864a599460548d0b.png

GO OVI GO!!!!!

As unlikely as it seems, I would love to see the Rangers knocked out in the first Round by the Caps! This will be my dark horse choice in Round 1 in the east and here in the west I am betting on a WPG / VAN Western Conference final. Dallas / Vegas beat the shit out of each other in 7 games and Edmonton barely overcomes LA. 

Edited by Rocket-68
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Duke said:

We all want Pods to get the chance since it would be pretty exciting if he did well.  

However, with his 2 assists this year means you can’t say he’s been a bigger factor than PDG.  Obviously management and coaches still believe in him as per his recent contract, but I have no problem with Tocchet going with a vet in game 1. They’re basically both just going to be in there to bring some energy. 

One of those guys might become a top producer in the playoffs, as frequently happens. Podkolzin is the likeliest, in my opinion. Maybe Tochet thinks so too, getting up early to work with him. 

Edited by Inkidu

52 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I've only ever been to one playoff game (2011).

It was such a different feeling...we arrived super early to see all the white towels on the backs of the seats and it was amazing. Then to hear Streets as the team skated out onto the ice....absolute goosebumps.

I'm sad that I won't be there this year but I also love to 'watch' the game with everyone here. And listening to Shorty make the calls too. There's something in that that helps ease the pain of not being in the arena.

I'm way too wound up and am going to work out on my deck to release some of the pent up energy. Then maybe scream a little. Me right now....

2007 was the one and only time I've been to a playoff game. Second round Anaheim vs Vancouver Game 4.

Lower bowl. And I'll never go lower bowl ever again. The crowd is so dead compared with the upper bowl.

Too many people were on their cell phones, people taking pictures of themselves. There was one group of guys 2 rows above me and I swear we made all the noise in that section.

It was a tight game too. Ducks won 3-2 in OT.