[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

Just now, Googlie said:

Podz was a beast in his last KHL season in the playoffs  -  as a teenager led his team with 6 goals and 5 assists in 16 games

His time will come.  He's getting better, more mature, and experienced. 

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Jigsaw said:

Good place for him. Tommy better anyway. 

Never read a take I disagreed with more. And I seen people saying we should trade Boeser for a bucket of pucks the last couple seasons.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today that G Artūrs Šilovs has been recalled from Abbotsford (AHL) under emergency conditions. Šilovs will serve as the EBUG for Game 1 vs Nashville.

Is this because Demko might not be 100%? Geez, I hope not.

• Sad 1

Mayor's well wishes.  

Q from many fans:

Will there be an outdoor watch party in Vancouver if this goes deep?  

Edited by Jaimito
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Is this because Demko might not be 100%? Geez, I hope not.

EBUG stands for emergency backup goalie.. Per league rules, every home team needs to have someone on standby to play in goal for either team should both goalies be unavailable or injured.

Edited by The Arrogant Worms
  • Thanks 2

Looking forward to tonight's game - hope the Canucks keep the game simple and minimize errors - play a patient game + maintain discipline / stay out of the box / emphasize a very hard fore-check and get our D to maintain the box outs.  

Absolutely NO need to entertain as only wins matter at this time of year.   Hope for a positive result for the good guyz.

ITS GAME TIME NOW!   LET'S GO BOYZ!

justwin.jpg

1 minute ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

EBUG stands for emergency backup goalie.. Per league rules, every home team needs to have someone on standby to play in goal for either team should both goalies be unavailable or injured.

How Canuck would it be-- if Nashville ends up using Silov's and gets the win?

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Thanks, I know what an EBUG is, but I must have forgotten the 3rd goalie. All is good!

†****************""""""

Remember folks, if this site crashes, we go back to CDC and resume GDT/PGT there.  

†****************""""""

Edited by Jaimito
  • Haha 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, Gurn said:

How Canuck would it be-- if Nashville ends up using Silov's and gets the win?

Even more controversial if he lets in 10 easy ones…

Edited by AmyTheGma
  • Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, AmyTheGma said:

Even more controversial if he lets in 10 easy one…

True- I wonder what the league's position is on the goalie's affiliation.

I know they have whl/ university level guys as ebug- but a Team owned AHL/NHL goalie is  perhaps different.

Funny how something gets completely ignored, yet could have a major effect on the game/series.

2 minutes ago, nergish said:

Guys, it's my birthday next week... and my brother just surprised me with tickets to the game tonight! 

I went to probably 5-6 games in '22-23 when I could get tickets for like $25-30, but wasn't able to get to Rogers at all this season.

What a game for your first of the year! Woooo

What a gift, enjoy!

• Vintage 1

25 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

Canucks General Manager Patrik Allvin announced today that G Artūrs Šilovs has been recalled from Abbotsford (AHL) under emergency conditions. Šilovs will serve as the EBUG for Game 1 vs Nashville.

If he’s the EBUG there’s a chance he plays for Nashville, that would be something.

7 minutes ago, nergish said:

Guys, it's my birthday next week... and my brother just surprised me with tickets to the game tonight! 

I went to probably 5-6 games in '22-23 when I could get tickets for like $25-30, but wasn't able to get to Rogers at all this season.

What a game for your first of the year! Woooo

That’s a great brother! 
Have a blast and make noise. 

• Like 1