[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Honestly not a bad period, tough bounce.

I'm thinking they should go with the lotto line, not spread the talent too thin. Garland's line is doing so well as the 2nd group.

I think that what they did at the end there. I hope they keep it together. 

• Vintage 1

Well that was a shit period for a regular season game. NOT playoff level play yet. 

At the end of the period, the Canucks seem to be lost. They were trying to pass but getting bumped off pucks. 

THREE shots on net for a period is downright embarrassing!

And WTF is Tocchet is putting together a new line with Petey, Lafferty, and Hoglander for a playoff game 1?

Edited by AnotherCanucksFan
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

What Phil’s stats?? I bet they aren’t impressive at all and he is a career ahler but on the Canucks he’s needed. 10 points in 51 games is not great at all.

10 points in 51 games. Not much better.

1 minute ago, The Aquaman said:

Sarros is the only thing that worries me with Nashville. 

Not me.   Has losing recors in playoffs, and a down yr for him too.  

• Like 1

Just now, Dumb Nuck said:

My biggest fear was we weren’t gonna play tough enough for the playoffs and I’m liking what I’ve seen so far, I thought it was a good period for us.

I grant that we hit and played physically..but everytime they had opportunities they flubbed or fell or missed the 6'x4' netted cage. 😠 

6 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

It’s called overthinking things. How is Podz supposed to learn from the press box. First move where I have questioned Tochett.

It's 20 minutes into game 83, relax.

The adjustments are happening in real time. We will light em up late in the game.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

In a game where one shot is the difference and the Canucks have out hit and out played Nashville why the fuck are you hyper focused on the 12th forward? 

He’s got to complain about something

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, CaribouCanuck said:

3 shots on goal I can’t tell if that’s just bad luck or if that’s just them doing a bad job at generating offence considering the 16 shot attempts. 

A lot of botched plays in the first ten minutes and then a more defensive style for the last five or so minutes. 

Moreso leaning towards poor execution.

• Upvote 1

So far it’s exactly what all the trolls here are hoping for, so they can have a field day. It’s a good thing the game lasts at least 3 periods and the series lasts till one team wins 4 games.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

I hate to say it but it sure feels very Canuck to dominate zone time and be down. I really hope I am wrong and they win but it just has the old feels of Canuck history where we play well and the other team is patient enough to sit back and score on their opportunities. Please prove me wrong Canucks. Please!!!!