[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

1 minute ago, EB43 said:

“I want to run, I want to hide”

Such good pump up music..

LOL. I agree I think you need to

move on from the past. I think it was pretty lazy to recycle what was another teams song. Why not start something new when you have a chance?

• Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, Goalie Interference said:

Juice with the A+ goal analysis

Yes he did a perfect and honest job calling out EP40's mistake that caused that first goal.   Bieksa's honesty is needed and appreciated.  God knows our local homeboy announcers wouldn't do that.

7 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I disagree. His forechecking was phenomenal and was what drove that line early in the season. Miller actually became a better forechecker as the season went on.

I disagree.  Every player has been given those accolades when they've been with that pair... PDG, Mikheyev, and Suter... you could describe all 3 the same way on that line, but really, it's the other 2 guys that are the constant.

Honestly didn't think that was a bad period. I like the hitting to set the tone. Didn't give up a lot to the preds either. Preds just happen to score on the chance they had.

We just need to get shots through especially on the odd man rushes. Preds are giving those up.

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

This second period will decide whether or not we win this game.

It is the score after the NEXT period that determines the winner. 😆 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Morgan 33 said:

Yeah, I'm sure they'd be up 5-0 by now if they did :classic_rolleyes:

They sure want to force the whale to work. At some point you have to admit that the skate jersey is just better. The players sure play better in it. I’m all honesty that period had a pretty good pace and I think we dominated zone time. We just didn’t get shots when in prime positions.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just one period.   Both sides getting the jitters out.   Sure next period things will settle down.   In the for folks that to chuck a remote, TV prices these days, always room for a spare (or too!). 

IMG_3972.jpeg

• Haha 2

Just now, HKSR said:

I disagree.  Every player has been given those accolades when they've been with that pair... PDG, Mikheyev, and Suter... you could describe all 3 the same way on that line, but really, it's the other 2 guys that are the constant.

I don't recall aside from a select few games people praising Mikheyev for his forechecking on the second line. I do remember hearing "why isn't he on the 4th line so he can be shitty somewhere else" though and I have yet to hear anybody praise Suter for being a great forechecker on the 2nd line but I guess we just don't see eye to eye on it. Oh well, cheers!

Just now, MikeyD said:

I don't recall aside from a select few games people praising Mikheyev for his forechecking on the second line. I do remember hearing "why isn't he on the 4th line so he can be shitty somewhere else" though and I have yet to hear anybody praise Suter for being a great forechecker on the 2nd line but I guess we just don't see eye to eye on it. Oh well, cheers!

Is Mikheyev playing? Haven't noticed him 

• Like 1