[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

10 minutes ago, AnotherCanucksFan said:

Well that was a shit period for a regular season game. NOT playoff level play yet. 

At the end of the period, the Canucks seem to be lost. They were trying to pass but getting bumped off pucks. 

THREE shots on net for a period is downright embarrassing!

And WTF is Tocchet is putting together a new line with Petey, Lafferty, and Hoglander for a playoff game 1?

Negative Nancy chat GTP post 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

So far it’s exactly what all the trolls here are hoping for, so they can have a field day. It’s a good thing the game lasts at least 3 periods and the series lasts till one team wins 4 games.

Nervous fans, hehe, I am not at all worried, over the series we will have moments of pure domination.

Lafferty taking a defensive zone face off and not on the same page as Petey as to when to switch back, it won't be replicat3d. These guys are pros.

Edit: podz in Laffy out next game?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It's the instrumental to the beginning of the song the lyrics are never played.

Didn't seem to hurt the team in 2011 any, until Game 7 of the finals.

Its a tradition. They've been doing is far longer than 2011. (2003 for example)

Its the one thing we have that's actual original & awesome, not some stupid ripoff like Sweet Caroline or Country Roads, and people hate it. I don't get it. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

W....T.....F   was that commercial with the long suffering Vegas Golden Knights fan.  Seriously, way to piss off EVERYBODY in Canada.

• Cheers 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

I don't recall aside from a select few games people praising Mikheyev for his forechecking on the second line. I do remember hearing "why isn't he on the 4th line so he can be shitty somewhere else" though and I have yet to hear anybody praise Suter for being a great forechecker on the 2nd line but I guess we just don't see eye to eye on it. Oh well, cheers!

Lots of people have praised Suter for his work on that line.  TBH, the analytics show that line has been at its best with Suter on it.  Let's be real, every single player that has had an opportunity with Miller and Boeser have looked better than when they're not on that line... that includes PDG, Suter, Mikheyev, Pettersson, Podkolzin, Hoglander, etc etc.

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

The difference that period was Nash was direct with the puck and we were too fancy on our opportunities. Have to have shoot first mentality and we’ll be alright

And hit the net

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

They sure want to force the whale to work. At some point you have to admit that the skate jersey is just better. The players sure play better in it. I’m all honesty that period had a pretty good pace and I think we dominated zone time. We just didn’t get shots when in prime positions.

Yeah they've been "forcing" it for 27 years and counting... 😆

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Outsiders said:

The difference that period was Nash was direct with the puck and we were too fancy on our opportunities. Have to have shoot first mentality and we’ll be alright

I don't even think Nashville was direct with the puck. I think they just got a fortunate shot through on poor coverage. 

They're also not playing great.

It's two teams who aren't on the tops of their games, in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Morgan 33 said:

There are many Championship teams that started the playoffs with two losses...

Umm... that's nice... but why are we worried about that? We haven't lost yet, let alone lost 2...

Bad goal for Demko to let in, but I think we're close to something and will come out strong in the 2nd period.