[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

Just now, King Heffy said:

Coaches need to collectively step up and demand that the league starts holding these criminals accountable.  They're repeated misconduct is a disgrace to the sport and has turned the NHL into a joke on the level of the WWE.

If you've watched any of the other games this is by farrrrr the best reffed game of the playoffs.

You guys would blow a gasket if your teams were involved in any of the other games.

• Cheers 1

Just now, AnotherCanucksFan said:

The lack of whistles on Nashville is getitng ridiculous. You can't call holding the stick and then ignore the crosscheck to Garland at the end of the period.

Refs taking me out of the game. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

You know games are 3 periods, right?

Pace yourself my friend.

I will and i am.   I'm hoping our top guys can break through their tight defensive coverage on them and make the difference. They've done it before so I know they can do it.    Hope Tock-it settles them down and fine tunes something during intermission.    Lots of time left.

Edited by RU SERIOUS
typo

The lack of whistles on Nashville is getitng ridiculous. You can't call holding the stick and then ignore the crosscheck to Garland at the end of the period.

The holding the stick was too long and dragged the player down. I rewatched the cross check and it wasn’t much, I think right calls on both plays.

• Cheers 2

Just now, Fen1010 said:

Missed most the the game so far, how has Petey been?

I'm a big Petey supporter but really disappointing. The whole line has been non existent and can't generate anything. Not even a forecheck.

3 minutes ago, Fen1010 said:

Missed most the the game so far, how has Petey been?

I think he’s pregnant, he’s missed 2 periods.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, MikeyD said:

If you've watched any of the other games this is by farrrrr the best reffed game of the playoffs.

You guys would blow a gasket if your teams were involved in any of the other games.

Which is why everyone needs to collectively step up and make it clear to the league that this kind of misconduct isn't acceptable.  The NHL has made it clear that they won't hold these scumbags accountable voluntarily. 

I'd like some adjustment to the line-up, get Suter out of top line and have Lindholm or Petey on that line and Bruger (sp?) reunited with Joshua and Garland.  Gotta try Lotto line more often for third period with Hughes to generate more offense.  We need 3 lines that has chemistry from start of the season.  

3 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Ref pats Saros on the ass.......... ok. I se how it is.

I dunno who the stripes are this game but in the Finnish army it is common place, and dancing together. Finns are secure enough in their manhood to not care what anyone thinks. 

I don't take it as a sign of bias, just comradary.

I hope there’s a Director of officiating or officiating-supervisor attending this  game, who makes ‘em watch some of their more controversial or missed calls between period. 

Learn something.