[GDT] Stanley Cup Playoffs Round 1 Game 1 - Vancouver Canucks vs Nashville Predators - Sun Apr 21 7pm PT/10pm ET - Rogers Arena

2 minutes ago, canucklehead53 said:

Are we watching the same game?

outside of the Nashville power plays, Canucks have looked great (and fast!)

In spurts, I agree but the forwards aren't leaking out as a unit. Should be pushed up to the forwards and then a 3 man attack when we are rolling but it was a really disjointed period. Hopefully with less special teams they'll get into a rhythm again.

• Haha 1

20 minutes is a lifetime.

Who is gonna come and turn the tide?
What's it gonna take to make a dream survive?
Who's got the touch to calm the storm inside?
Who's gonna save you?
Alive and kicking

Alive and kicking nucks

Who's going to step up and win this with a goal?

Joshua or jt to tie it

mik with the gwg for me

Unpopular comment but early on in this series it seems like Nashville did more scouting on our teams habits and plays.

Tocchet  seemed more invested on practice only. I might be wrong, just looks like it. Ah, it's early..                       

2 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

If we get knocked out of the playoffs and EP is a no show he's going to get raked over the coals by the fan base. He'll wish he was traded. 

Hopefully it doesn't come to that - but $5 bucks says he's been playing injured and if we find out that was/is the case the Tock-it should be raked over the coals for not resting him.  There is definately something wrong with him.

• Confused 1

We gotta start moving our feet more to force Preds get caught out of position and draw penalties.

Right now we are too static and playoff inexperiences show.

5 minutes ago, CanucksCountry said:

Don't think Steve Kazari has fully recovered from his injury. Abouslety brutal period for him

Was it a brain injury? I know it is hard to tell with NHL refs...

3 minutes ago, canucklehead53 said:

Are we watching the same game?

outside of the Nashville power plays, Canucks have looked great (and fast!)

Agreed. Canucks are definitely outplaying them at 5 on 5 but Nashville is opportunistic.

That said offense continues to be a bit of a problem for us, tho we should probably have more than 1 goal.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'm a big Petey supporter but really disappointing. The whole line has been non existent and can't generate anything. Not even a forecheck.

WTF

JT and BB are on that line, so they are not responsible?

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The holding the stick was too long and dragged the player down. I rewatched the cross check and it wasn’t much, I think right calls on both plays.

Hronek shouldn't have held the stick, but I also think the Nashville player definitely made sure to play it up. To me a crosscheck that knocks Garland over is comparable.

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Maybe the refs should start conducting themselves appropriately instead of this open match fixing and then they won't have to worry about it.

We had the only power play of the game .

fans start chanting refs you suck 

refs well ok if you say so 

nash no pps till the second. 

I’m no fan of the officials but when has chanting refs you suck had a positive result it’s just so stupid. 

Or  starting a game signalling we surrender lol I’d fire the guy responsible for that bit of stupidity. 
Regardless of the history. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, 1-d said:

We gotta start moving our feet more to force Preds get caught out of position and draw penalties.

Right now we are too static and playoff inexperiences show.

they did Joshua was tripped trying to get the puck in a scoring position that wasn’t called, they only called one team that period and it pretty obvious 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

I'm tired of seeing you only bitching and moaning and contributing nothing else to this forum. 

Spoiler

Pal.Petey should be the 4th line center tonight.He's turning pucks over at a horrific rate.Owned in the faceoff dot and being uncerimoniousy  dumped on his ass over and over.Boeser isn't off the hook either.Look at the soft ares he's playing in on every shift.The  boy is looking to not be hit at all.Just watch where he goes on that Miller rush.Slows up and ends up behind Miller in the middle of absolutely no where.Move Lindholm up to Peteys line,Blueger tO the 3rd line and put Petey on the 4th.He will contribute as much there as on the line he's on anyway.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Did he have brain damage?

The ref? That b7mp to the head had him shaking his own hand on his way off the ice on the stretcher. He was NOT present during that stretcher ride. He very likely does have some issues. 

I am retired medically after a TBI in the army, I am still affected and we left Afghanistan around the last time the Canucks were in the cup finals...so it is very likely he is still affected 

• Huggy Bear 1

6 minutes ago, RU SERIOUS said:

WOW! Losing after 2 - on home ice!!!  WTF is going on with our top guys that we have to depend on 3rd/4th line rental players to get flukey goals to keep our head just below the water line. Hope our top guys can get going because this will be a short series for us.

ToO BaD wE dON’t HaVE kUZmEnKO iN THe LiNEuP

• Thanks 1
  • Wiener 1